• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyrim won! Not only that but MW3 came in last. How could I not have faith in the discerning palate of the PC gamer? Praise be to Gaben.

Sianos

Just Cause 2, Gundemonium Collection, and Recettear are my last three wishlist games this time.

If I can finish off my wishlist I deserve a medal.

kurahador

i actually just cut it from the list after reading disparaging comments about it by Rez (whose opinion i respect) in the 2012 adventure game thread.

should also probably mention that i have the Broken Sword games already.

What? I'd say Still Life (first one anyway) is wayy weaker than The Longest Journey.

catabarez

I don't understand why GAF has a hard-on for Ys. I saw gameplay and it looks mediocre at best.

2FK2

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Skyrim....

WHO DIDNT SEE THAT COMING AMIRITE GUYS!?

I'm a little surprised MW3 didn't score more votes, but then Steam users with a preference for online FPS games have always leaned towards Valve's evergreen titles.

Edit: "More", not "my". How bembarrassing!

fallagin

Valve are such evil geniuses with this voting thing. I am trying not to spend anymore, but Keep coming back to vote for the summer sale badge and find yet another game I have wanted to play going on sale.

Ok, this may sound weird, but since I can't access Steam on work (or bunch of other, "non-work" stuff thanks to Microsoft Forefront TMG crap) could someone post the current daily deals, flash deals and community deals? In text please (oh yea, no image upload services either...). Thanks folks!

- an Internet freedom deprived employee xD

Smash88

Banned
Ok, this may sound weird, but since I can't access Steam on work (or bunch of other, "non-work" stuff thanks to Microsoft Forefront TMG crap) could someone post the current daily deals, flash deals and community deals? In text please (oh yea, no image upload services either...). Thanks folks!

Daily Deals:

RAGE - $9.99
Dear Esther - $2.49
Indie Bundle V (Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, The Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana) - $9.99
Metro 2033 - $4.99
Iron Front Liberation 1944 - $19.99
Age of Empires III - $9.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations - $13.59
Men of War: Vietnam - $8.74
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic - $2.49

Flash Sales:

Dungeon Siege III - $4.99
Penuldo Studios Adventure Pack - $14.99
Civilization V (includes franchise pack)- $7.49 (ending in 15 minutes)
Europa Universalis III - $3.74

Community Sale:

Skyrim - $29.99 (going on sale in 15 minutes - Mirrors Edge is up for $4.99)

-------------------------------------------------------

You know Steam has an iOS and Android App right?

catabarez

Not in the budget, but I'm accepting donations. ;)

Well tell me why it is so amazing that it deserves all the praise majority-GAF has been giving it. I know you might not be enthusiastic about my opinion, but at least talk to me instead of telling me to get out. :/

Just messin' I understand that it isn't a game for everyone.

Well tell me why it is so amazing that it deserves all the praise majority-GAF has been giving it. I know you might not be enthusiastic about my opinion, but at least talk to me instead of telling me to get out. :/
For the short time that I played Ys: Oath. Combat is easy, but I'm using kb/m, not a gamepad. Soundtrack is quite good. Haven't played Ys Origin, but just my impressions from Oath, I'm expecting similiar quality from Ys Origin. Kinda had to figure out how to save first haha.

Retne

Current Flash Deals
  • Civ V - $7.50
  • Dungeon Siege III - $5
  • Europa Universalis III - $3.75
  • Pendulo Studios Pak - $15

Current Vote Deal is Mirrors Edge($5) with Skyrim($30) coming up to beat it.

Daily Deals
  • Age of Empires III - $10
  • Dear Esther - $2.50
  • Metro 2033 - $5
  • Knights of the Old Republic - $2.50
  • RAGE - $10
  • Indie Bundle V - $10
  • Iron Front: Liberation 1944 - $20
  • Men at War: Vietnam - $8.75
  • Assassins Creed Revelations - $13.60

If the games up for deals are part of a franchise there are deals for the games in the franchise and the DLC as well.

Purchased so far:
Saints Row The Third Franchise Pack
Super Street Fighter 4: AE
Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn's DLC
Europa Universialis 3 Bundle (Complete + 2 Expansions)

Still Waiting On (Aka. "Goddamnit Gaben Gimme Sales" tier)
Majesty 1 HD
Majesty 2 Collection
Stalker: Clear Sky
Kings Bounty
EYE Divine Cybermancy, Won't happen because it was in a Bundle =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom