• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
Kinda surprised KoA hasn't been discounted at all on Steam since Amazon had it for sale earlier this year.

Still... 50% off $59.99 (which is premium and no one is crazy enough to buy a PC game for that) is $29.99....That's way to much for a mediocre game such as KoA.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kinda surprised KoA hasn't been discounted at all on Steam since Amazon had it for sale earlier this year.

EA publishes the retail and non-Steam DD versions, while the Steam version was (well, as far as Steam itself is concerned, still is) self-published by the now-dead 38 Studios.

Edit: That is why I've been saying I'm not looking forward to having to buy the DLC at full price. KoA going on sale is extremely unlikely since DD discounts have be to greenlighted by publishers, so unless Valve has been chatting with the state of Rhode Island, it's not going to happen. :(

Koroviev

Yea, need to think about that one too. Would rather get DS and DS2 than DS3. Played the demo, nothing really impressed me.

A couple of games, I would have passed on definitely.

I'm barely just under $60 so far on this sale. Last year's summer sale, only bought Vampire:The Masquerade. Was so broke lol.

Winter sale should have wiped me out, but somehow it didn't. I went through sale withdrawal in January and continued riding the wave via other sites. Oy.

kadotsu

Banned
Dungeons of Dremor DLC2
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
A.R.E.S.: Berserker DLC
Fallout New Vegas: Gun Runners' Arsenal
Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods
Hamilton's Great Adventure - Retro Fever DLC
Fallout New Vegas: Courier's Stash
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
Vessel
Qube
Crazy Machines 2: Time Travel Add-On
Left 4 Dead Bundle
Frozen Synapse: Red DLC
Max Payne Bundle
Super Street Fighter: All-in Costume Pack
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Legend of Grimrock
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Darksiders
Offspring Fling!
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Swords and Soldiers Sausage Fest DLC
Dungeon Defenders Lost Eternia Shards Complete DLC

The only "mistake" I made was getting Alan Wake:AN at 65% instead of 75%. Maybe Eternia Shards will also be cheaper later but the price was low enough.

LiK

EA publishes the retail and non-Steam DD versions, while the Steam version was (well, as far as Steam itself is concerned, still is) self-published by the now-dead 38 Studios.

Oh right, forgot it was self published on Steam.

Smash88

Banned
Well I forgot to buy Saints Row 3, but it was probably be for the best. Just Cause 2 will fill that gap.

Don't worry Steam always has a best-of at the end of the sale, and you can bet Saints Row 3 will be there.

YOU THOUGHT THEY WOULD LET YOU GET AWAY THAT EASILY!? HAHAHAH

3Qbrj.png

Bradach

You can buy it. I did 30 minutes ago. Search the game in steam and you can buy it, I recommend you buy the complete pack. All games for 7.5€.
Aw yeah, thanks. Strange that. We seem to have the flash deal afterall, we just have to work for it (maybe its just the iOS app)

so i have been on a huge adventure game kick recently (Machinarium, Gemini Rue, Scratches, about to start Lone Survivor) and i want to find more similarly-styled stuff. i love horror games in general, and Scratches really scratches (boy i'm funny) a particular itch. i am trying to narrow down my list to a handful of the best.

Syberia 1+2
Still Life 1+2
Post Mortem
Dark Fall
Pendulo pack

and before anyone asks i do own Amnesia and the Blackwell and Penumbra games.

Chris R

35.88 left in my wallet... DO YOUR WORST GABE!!!

Oh wait, he already has my money :(

Sanctum/Magicka/Dead Space 2/Plants Vs Zombies and the Day V Indie Bundle... Not that bad of a haul so far.

gabbo

looks pretty cool, i may bite at that price but.......metascore 49/100 : I

It's better than the score suggest, especially with a lot of the bugs ironed out now.
The PC doesn't get a lot of hack and slash games, and this one's got an interesting story to boot.

Sianos

Tempted to jump on the Gundemonium sale now since a Japanese bullet hell collection is most definitely not getting a daily deal, but it'd be breaking THE RULE in spirit.

Smash88

Banned
Actually, the mp is a free stand alone game called fear combat (if memory serves me right).

You are correct, you can play multiplayer for free, or you can buy Fear 1 and get single player and multiplayer. You are essentially paying for single player.

Catshade

so i have been on a huge adventure game kick recently (Machinarium, Gemini Rue, Scratches, about to start Lone Survivor) and i want to find more similarly-styled stuff. i love horror games in general, and Scratches really scratches (boy i'm funny) a particular itch. i am trying to narrow down my list to a handful of the best.

Syberia 1+2
Still Life 1+2
Post Mortem
Dark Fall
Pendulo pack

and before anyone asks i do own Amnesia and the Blackwell and Penumbra games.

Do you have The Longest Journey?

IMACOMPUTA

Anyone wanna buy the Indie bundle and let me buy Gemini rue? Its the only one I want in the bundle.. is that even possible?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You spent more on dlc than I did buying games (I'm at about $42).

I had intended to buy a GTX 670 with (about 40%) my tax return, but at the rate I'm going, it looks like I'll have to put that off for at least a couple of weeks, haha.

Edit: Not that I intend to spend the other ~60% on Steam. Although... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom