• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone on the fence about the Assassin's Creed Pack, I found that Brotherhood is $5 in AUS, and according to the internet, most of the canon story is contained in AC, AC2, and AC Brotherhood, which can be had for $15 individually rather than a $35 pack with some dlc skins.

What I'd like to see are some opinions on this Pendulo Studios pack. My only interest comes from Vinnie talking about Yesterday on the Giant Bombcast a few months ago.

Caerith

Risen's discount is kinda meager, but not too surprising given it just came out. Wasn't the Witcher 2 up for community choice before but at -75%?

Retne

Risen's discount is kinda meager, but not too surprising given it just came out. Wasn't the Witcher 2 up for community choice before but at -75%?

Nope. It's always been -60%.

I've been waiting for Crysis 2 the most, pretty much just to test out my new gaming rig. I think I might be done after this...maybe?

Wouldn't Metro 2033 be a better rig stress test? I know every bench site I frequent uses it when stressing video cards.

Bricky

Woohoo, the Witcher is back! Please vote the Witcher 2 gaf. :3

Reposted for the new page:

You're moving. It's time to get out and see the world, expand your horizons, and meet new folks. But not just anywhere. We're not going to New Zealand or Japan, to London or California.

No, you have to pick a fictional game location to call your home. Now, you're no action hero, so I'd suggest you stay away from places infested by zombies and aliens, or brutal military regimes and evil corporations. Perhaps no game world is without a little strife, but there's surely a habitable place out there.

You just want to live, so tell me a bit about where you're going.

1) Where is it? In what game can you find this fictional location?
2) What does it look like? Give me a short description of the place. Is it high atop a mountain, or on the beach, or what?
3) Assuming you're not being attacked or anything, tell me how you'll enjoy the rest of your days there.

Nothing fancy, just a paragraph, maybe four or five sentences. We're talking something worth a $5 game.

Go.

I'd live in the Tibetan Village from Uncharted 2. It's probably the most peacefull place I've ever seen in a game (well, until it got invaded by Lazarevic's army and a tank, but that wasn't because the village itself is a dangerous place so let's forget that detail). It's a small settlement up in the Himalayan Mountains with a beautiful view, neat little stone houses and it's inhabited by the most hospitable and kind people you'll ever meet.

I'd spend the rest of my days being a farmer. Making cheese form the milk of my Yak and feeding my wife and kids with food we've planted and farmed ourselfs. Now and then I'd take a hike to one of the magnificent cave's near the village and once in a while even to the top of the mountain just to enjoy the view.

Baust

Definitely grabbing Crysis, but can't decide if I should just grab the collection. How's the second one in comparison?

Salsa

I wouldn't get either, but that's me.

the problem lies (as always) on the unforeseen future of the sales. Buying both of these would get me just 20 bucks left, but then if I dont buy them I could end up sitting on this money going "wish I bought that, nothing else I wanted came on sale".

dang it

edit: think im gonna let Crysis 2 hoping that if anything it becomes a daily later on for another chance. Was honestly expecting $7.5 after all..

Speevy

Banned
Good response Bricky. You're just a tad late. I'll keep you in mind though if I'm giving anything else away, which is pretty well guaranteed.

the problem lies (as always) on the unforeseen future of the sales. Buying both of these would get me just 20 bucks left, but then if I dont buy them I could end up sitting on this money going "wish I bought that, nothing else I wanted came on sale".

dang it

It'll be a daily deal for sure.

I heard people saying Warband is far superior to F&S.

Also I got a free copy of warband from that amazon thread... don't know if they're still available. FYI.

If you have never played M&B just get Warband. Only buy WFaS if you've played Warband enough that you want something new in the same style. Hope that helps.
Thanks.

How about AoE III? Should I skip it in lieu of Warhammer and Company of Heroes.

Pretty good price for Crysis 2, but still unsure about it.

1. I liked Crysis 1 because of the open levels and the Predator movie feeling. Is the second one anything like that?

2. Is it really completely free of additional DRM on Steam?

Koroviev

dang it

edit: think im gonna let Crysis 2 hoping that if anything it becomes a daily later on for another chance. Was honestly expecting $7.5 after all..

The sale has been pretty generous so far. I would be surprised if nothing else interesting turned up before it was over.

Chinner

Banned
okay guys so

yesterday or crysis 2?

or both?

or neither?

god dammit

;_;

FarJb.png

look at gaben. how can you say no?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Crysis 2 has some of the absolute worst AI I've ever seen in a game. I ticked up the difficulty to post-human warrior (or whatever the hardest setting was) and just breezed through it all. Loved the first, but man.

Super pretty though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Crysis 2 has some of the absolute worst AI I've ever seen in a game. I ticked up the difficulty to post-human warrior (or whatever the hardest setting was) and just breezed through it all. Loved the first, but man.

Super pretty though.

This. I shouldn't be able to clear entire levels just by mashing the melee button.

FarJb.png

look at gaben. how can you say no?

WHERE IS HALF-LIFE 3, YOU BAS... oh, who I am kidding? I could never stay mad you, not with a face like that.

alba

Little is the new Big
Anybody from UK here available to gift me the Crysis Collection (It's the cheapest at $15.51) I can paypal! :)

Aaaand bought Crysis and the Pendulo Pack.

Man, this sale has been killing my wishlist. I've gotten 7 out of my top 10 going into the sale (Payday: The Heist, Ys Origin, Metro 2033, Serious Sam 3, Cave Story, Yesterday, Crysis) One isn't even on sale yet (Toki Tori 2) and the other two are Gemini Rue and The Ship. The Ship's at 75% so unless there's a better daily/bundle deal, I'll probably get that at the end of the sale. And I'm still hoping for an individual sale on Gemini Rue, maybe a flash or a daily.

RC

Banned
I finally caved and bought Knights of the Old Republic. Bringing my grand total of purchases to one. Mirrors Edge is tempting me though, so is Crysis, descisions, descisions.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Voted every time, got my badge.

And Witcher 2 should fare better since Batman has already been a daily. And Risen 2 isn't as popular as far as I know.

Speevy

Banned
The Ship is like the most contagious disease man has ever known.

Everyone has it, but doesn't remember why, and will surely give it to two friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom