• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
It probably is, but you have to be logged in and have adult content allowed to see it.

I mean... what? >.>

To be honest, the nude mods are the best mods for changing female (and male) bodies to make them more attractive. Just disable all the "nude" parts when enabling it and enjoy more attractive people.

Have you already played Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl? It's on sale too for $5 and it's the best Stalker game. There is a "Stalker Complete" mod that updates the graphics and makes it beautiful and also adds some really great gameplay additions like the ability to use a sleeping bag to pass time and the ability to trade/barter with just about anybody in the game as oppossed to just merchants.

You would have absolutely no problem running it at all.

However, it is a fairly difficult game, especially at first since you start with crappy weapons that have bad accuracy. It gets easier with time but it is always easy to die if you are stupid. You have to use cover, you have to often pick guys off at a distance, get the jump on enemies, pick your battles, etc. You will go down in 3-5 hits easily. You cannot circle strafe your way to victory. You have play smart.

It plays a lot like Fall Out 3 if the combat was real time and not crappy. More like Rainbox Six combat. Open world game with smallish "hub" areas, lots of choices, dynamic AI, and upgrading gear, selling old stuff, etc.

That's some good detailed break down, well I love the (new) Fallout series (FO3 and FO:NV) are easily in my top 7 fav. games. (I put in over 300 hours in those two Fallout games)

I don't know if I want to play the first one, I probably just want to play one of the three, so which one would you recommend? figured everyone praises CoP, so I go with that. The way you describe the game play sounds fun, and if there are mods that make the game even more fun, than it sounds alright. I may buy it for $3.79, thanks again for the details.

MechaX

Welp, my spoils from the Sale have been...

Legend of Grimrock
Frozen Synapse
Mirror's Edge
Trine 1
Trine 2
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition

I have played Mirror's Edge and Dragon Age before. Some of these games may be doomed to the backlog. But which one would be best to play first?

Giard

Yeah I've gotta say the quality of both the daily deals and the flash sales have been going steadily downhill the past couple of days.
I thought today's daily deals were the best yet... although I agree with the flash deals being pretty bad most of the time.

Salsa

I reaaaaaally want Tiny and Big but at 6 bucks it's kind of a tough sale considering some people say the game is like 2 hours long

wish it was discounted further :/

jerd

I'm confused on why you are asking people to "sell" you on it if you don't want to spend more money.

I want to know that it would be worth it and I wouldn't put it down after 3-4 hours. I've spent money on games so far that I don't feel belong in my library, but obviously with them being digital there is not much I can do about it now.

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone can throw up a link to the DA:O Ultimate store page? I can't find it and I'm not sure if it's region locked (I can buy regular DA:O).

BY2K

Membero Americo
I am SHOCKED at how well Just Cause 2 runs on my PC despite being such a massive game.

I have more trouble running GTAIV.

KTuai.jpg

This and witcher 2 and gaben can have my first born.

Piano

Banned
What makes the original STALKER better than Call of Priprayat? I've had the original game in my library for a couple of years but I never made it past the first hour because of how intoxicatingly janky and unusable the UI is. Yes, that's with the Complete mod installed.

CoP seems to polish things up a bit...wouldn't that with its Complete mod be the better game?

Salsa

I am SHOCKED at how well Just Cause 2 runs on my PC despite being such a massive game.

I have more trouble running GTAIV.

of course you do, the former is a great port that runs in one of the better engines this gen, the later is a god awful port.

Vamphuntr

It seems they are recycling a lot of deals for this sale. Some daily deals end up in flash deals and/or in voting deals too. I guess most publishers/devs are waiting for the Christmas sale :/

That's some good detailed break down, well I love the (new) Fallout series (FO3 and FO:NV) are easily in my top 7 fav. games. (I put in over 300 hours in those two Fallout games)

I don't know if I want to play the first one, I probably just want to play one of the three, so which one would you recommend? figured everyone praises CoP, so I go with that. The way you describe the game play sounds fun, and if there are mods that make the game even more fun, than it sounds alright. I may buy it for $3.79, thanks again for the details.

Shadows of Chernobyl is the one universally praised. The other two are stand alone expansion packs and not as good. Of those two Call is the better game and Clear Skies is less liked.

The game really does feel a lot like Fall Out 3 if Fall Out 3 had real time combat that functioned properly. The world is considerably smaller than Fall Out, but that's not necesarily a bad thing. Just be prepared that when you go up against those 5 bandits on the first mission they probably will kill you. Probably more than once, or twice, or five times. Eventually you learn to sneak around the perimeter and take them out individually, though. Quick save is one of your best friends.

One of my favorite things about Stalker is the dynamic AI. You never really know what monsters are going to do. Sometimes dogs run from you. Sometimes gunfire scares them. Sometimes they hunt in packs and are vicious. Once I found a heard of wild boars and chased them down into a bandit camp and completed my mission while chaos ensues. There are no "safe" areas in the game. Firefights break out in towns. Bandits show up as to wild animals. You will see people walking on the road and you don't know until you get close whether they are friend or foe. It's really neat stuff.

Salsa

also: Dead Rising 2 Off the record is a mess.

in order to make the 360 controller work properly you have to never touch the keyboard during the game apparently. Otherwise you get just analogue movement and no buttons (but in the menus they work..... yeah)

we also spent like an hour trying to play some co-op with a friend (we bought it just for that) but we kept disconnecting, or flat out not even being able to get in a game together, even thought we live a few blocks away and had no traffic or anything in any of our networks.

yeah.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yeah I've gotta say the quality of both the daily deals and the flash sales have been going steadily downhill the past couple of days.

That's because its clear what they are. Instead of using them to shovel games which should be a daily, either been on sale dozens of times prior or ones without enough excitement to warrant a daily spot. They have largely just been recaps. So now, we get Duken Nukem Forever as both a daily, Community choice, and flash. Same with Skyrim. And most others.

This is definitely the first sale where I feel it was poorly designed. Something like Dead Rising 2 OTR, which has never been on sale for anything near 10$, has only been a flash for like 6 hours at night. Same with SSFIVAE. While at the same time, we need another sale for Terraria at the same price it has been on every sale for the past year.

I reaaaaaally want Tiny and Big but at 6 bucks it's kind of a tough sale considering some people say the game is like 2 hours long

wish it was discounted further :/

Wait it is only 2 hours? To me that is actually a plus. I have a big enough backlog. I loved the premise of the game and the Giant Bomb Quick look was great. If I can beat this on a Saturday afternoon, that's a big plus.

Levyne

Banned
I have to shut off ambient occlusion in Just Cause 2 otherwise my framerate dips too much.

Lol I just bought this laptop but I am already considering getting a monster pc together to run it and other games at 60 more easily. I don't even have a desk or a monitor or an office chair so that would be quite a set of upfront costs. Eventually, though

Salsa

Wait it is only 2 hours? To me that is actually a plus. I have a big enough backlog. I loved the premise of the game and the Giant Bomb Quick look was great. If I can beat this on a Saturday afternoon, that's a big plus.

I dont mind the lenght if the game is good, but a friend told me he beat it in like 40 minutes

I dont know, 6 bucks is a bit much considering the rest of the budget

I'll think about it

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Valve would get thrown a lot of shit at for doing this.

Well that and no one would ever buy them, unless you enjoy broadcasting the fact that you're fapping.

MasLegio

Banned
Dragon Age
Tiny Big
Game of thrones
Not available in your region aka greedy publisher or steam bug

what is the fourth flash sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom