• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would definitely take 30 hours as long as its good over 8 hours. So tempted to pick up DA:O Ultimate. I barely played my ps3 version.

Sell the PS3 version for like 10 bucks if you still have it. This pays for DA:O ultimate. It is a PC game at heart and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better.

Asking again since nobody answered before, I already beat Dragon Age Origins on Xbox but I never played Awakening. I do not have to replay through Origins to play Awakening, correct?

Is Awakening by itself worth it?

KTuai.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
If it wasn't obvious there's about 3 dialogues per 1 thing of combat. So yeah it's dialogue heavy, if that wasn't clear. it certainly has a bunch of combat, though.

I was about to say that there's a ton of each. There's a buttload of dialogue, but I felt there was a lot of combat too.

But ratio-wise, yeah. That said, there isn't the Bioware RENEGADE PARAGON thing going on.

Asking again since nobody answered before, I already beat Dragon Age Origins on Xbox but I never played Awakening. I do not have to replay through Origins to play Awakening, correct?

If you want to go straight to awakenings you have the option to roll a high level char and assign all of your spec points and skills.

As for the opinion on the expansion, I own it, but haven't gotten to it yet. :p

You will get more out of it with your own character, but you can start from scratch with a new one. It is worth the extra $5 and your time but isn't quite as good as the main game.

I don't know what you mean by slow paced. It's exploration based, a bit sandboxy.

It's got typical eurojank, if you can run metro 2033 on your machine you shouldn't have an issue with stalker, especially pripyat.

Graphics at times are a bit dated but the art style is good. Get the complete mod to change the lighting amongst a lot of other things.

Thank you, and thank you for all the info ...hmm still not sure of the purchase.

You have to own both, but you don't need a previous save file to start Awakening. If you bought the Ultimate Edition right now you could just jump into Awakening.

Koroviev

Is it possible to somehow transfer a save from Origin to Steam? I don't think I want to buy DA:O again right now, as I've no idea when I'd get around to playing it. However, if I happen to play it before the fall sale, I'd like to be able to keep my progress.

Wait - Half Life 2 is controller enabled? Its store page seems to include a bunch of other stuff so I'm not sure.

I'd be down to revisit City 17 and DLC if so. Its been forever since I played that on PC.

Is it possible to somehow transfer a save from Origin to Steam? I don't think I want to buy DA:O again right now, as I've no idea when I'd get around to playing it. However, if I happen to play it before the fall sale, I'd like to be able to keep my progress.

Pretty sure saves are stored in the same place regardless of what service the game is on.

Vamphuntr

Awakening is pretty short and doesn't add much. It's basically a "lite" version of Origins. Some of the depth of origins is watered down here unfortunately. You can't talk with your party members outside of prescripted events where you click on an object that interests them. There's no quests for the new specializations, you simply buy the book from a store and your teammates can't teach you specializations either. Most dungeons are really small, like occupy only one screen on your map screen. It's fairly easy too. On the plus side you own a fortress and can upgrade it by collecting specific items and they added runecrafting.

Anyway if you really loved Origins you should get it as while its inferior to DAO, its still way better than DA2.

kaskade

Maybe arma 2 will be like 90% off the last day or something. I mean we've seen some games hit deals multiple time but still nothing on that.

A man can dream.

KingKong

Maybe arma 2 will be like 90% off the last day or something. I mean we've seen some games hit deals multiple time but still nothing on that.

A man can dream.

no point in putting it on sale when everyone's still buying it. i'd expect it on the second to last day and the final day for something like 50% off

Katoki

I'm not crazy about MMO games, can I play DCUO mostly alone?

Mostly, until you end up wanting to do those instances for better lewtz. You also need to ask for help when those area spawns happen because usually you can't solo 'em unless you much higher leveled than the spawn you're in the area leveling in. Of course they're optional but it's nice to do 'em for the quest reward and all that.

Thanks for the feedback on DA: Awakenings.

I think I'll wait. In this sale already have Two Worlds 2+ Exp, Rage, Fortune Summoner, Force Unleashed 1 & 2, Walking Dead, Ys Origin, Alan Wake: American Nightmare, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes, Hard Reset, Dungeon Siege Collection, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Crusader Kings, Warlock, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands, Fear 3, and about four or five others.

I think I have plenty to play. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
no point in putting it on sale when everyone's still buying it. i'd expect it on the second to last day and the final day for something like 50% off

I don't expect it to be any higher than 33%:

I don't think this will happen. Amazon had the ARMA 2 games for half off back in May, but its most recent discount, only a few days ago, was just 33%. I'd be surprised -- maybe even shocked -- if the Daily/Flash/Community's Choice discount is any higher.

I want to be wrong since the game is on my list and -33% won't cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom