• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamphuntr

also: Dead Rising 2 Off the record is a mess.

in order to make the 360 controller work properly you have to never touch the keyboard during the game apparently. Otherwise you get just analogue movement and no buttons (but in the menus they work..... yeah)

we also spent like an hour trying to play some co-op with a friend (we bought it just for that) but we kept disconnecting, or flat out not even being able to get in a game together, even thought we live a few blocks away and had no traffic or anything in any of our networks.

yeah.

The 360 version of 2 was the same for me when playing coop so it's an issue with the game itself.

BY2K

Membero Americo
That flash deal on the DC Universe DLC is a joke. And I don't mean the pun that Flash is on the image of a FLASH deal, the DLC itself is a joke.

I am about to do this:

Steam Roulette

Ohmigawd

tumblr_m6l0kqrNRT1qbqbm6o1_400.jpg

I dont mind the lenght if the game is good, but a friend told me he beat it in like 40 minutes

I dont know, 6 bucks is a bit much considering the rest of the budget

I'll think about it

I'm pretty sure all I'd do with that game is play up to the point where I have rockets, pull lines, and lasers, fuck up a level for about 5 minutes, then call it money well spent. Which is why I aim for that amount to be $2.50.

elfinke

Tiny Big! Glad it's on sale.

Tiny and Big.. Was hoping for a 75 percent sale.

I reaaaaaally want Tiny and Big but at 6 bucks it's kind of a tough sale considering some people say the game is like 2 hours long

wish it was discounted further :/

Wait it is only 2 hours? To me that is actually a plus. I have a big enough backlog. I loved the premise of the game and the Giant Bomb Quick look was great. If I can beat this on a Saturday afternoon, that's a big plus.

Same boat - I've been hanging out for it, but I dunno, $5.99 is just far enough outside of impulse buy territory. $3.99 and I was there without a second thought. So damn ridiculous to be haggling over $2 though :/

I might up the ante per hole for golf on the weekend, win me some Steam monies!

Vamphuntr

Weird. Is it an OTR issue? I played DR2 online with no problems on 360

Nope vanilla 2. The game randomly boots the guest player and would kick the guest players 100% of the time when host is saving the game. No one of us had any preorder costumes dlc either. The game's (or the engine itself?) seems to have a wonky netcode.

I was able to beat it with my coop partner with much hassle. I must have been booted more than 15 during the whole game and the achievements got pretty much glitched. This is one of the reason I passed on OTR.

geeko

Still waiting for crysis 2. Just a bit mad that I missed the deal while I slept, but I be it will be a daily deal.

So far I've bought:

Tribes: Ascend pack
Need for Speed: Hot pursuit
Hitman: Bloodmoney
GTA: San Andreas
Alan Wake pack
Frozen Synapse
Killing Floor
Metro 2033
and Red Faction: Guerrilla

not bad for about $45

Still want Crysis 2, Witcher 2, ARMA CO.

Salsa

what's funny is that I know I wont regret Tiny & Big if I get it at that price, since everyone says it's great, but I wish I could say the same about the budget i'd be left with D:

then again, there's only 4 days left..

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I added a last 5 to my account in prep for Dragon Age Ultimate but I can't pull the trigger for some odd reason. I don't know if it will be here when I get up but I have to go to bed now so I may miss out. I just don't know if I would play it right now. The price is great though.

Tess3ract

Banned
what's funny is that I know I wont regret Tiny & Big if I get it at that price, since everyone says it's great, but I wish I could say the same about the budget i'd be left with D:

To be honest if $6 breaks your budget this far into the game, you were already overbudget to begin with.

Retne

To be honest if $6 breaks your budget this far into the game, you were already overbudget to begin with.

Nah we're getting close to the end. People have already picked up most of the stuff they were looking for. I could easily see people being pretty close to their budget ceiling.

geeko

I added a last 5 to my account in prep for Dragon Age Ultimate but I can't pull the trigger for some odd reason. I don't know if it will be here when I get up but I have to go to bed now so I may miss out. I just don't know if I would play it right now. The price is great though.

"Don't go to bed, BUY ME" says Dragons age origins.

Popstar

Passing on too many deals because I had only a bit left of the $64 I started with in my wallet, and I wanted to save it just in case. Time to top it off with another $50 and hope Dead Space goes down to 75% again.

Goddamnit. Gabedamnit.

Also: Skyrim 50% off for another hour and a half if anyone missed it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I feel pretty good with the Thief collection though. I want to go into these last 4 days with a solid budget. This 49 I have now is what will hold me over until the sale ends.

geeko

I have 35 left in my steam wallet, BUUUUT i get paid on friday. Likely I'll break my budget the last day of teh sale.

^^^^^ damnit, I'm trying to not put money any other place than steam, but this makes it hard, plus I already own The first witcher so the deal would only be 50%....

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Don't pay more than 5 bucks for most games. Not worth it if you have a backlog, since (unless you play them right away) they will be 5 or lower on the next sale.

That's exactly how I operate. Plenty of $10-15 games this sale but many of them will be sub-10 before too long.

paolo11

Sorry for being so persistent but anyway a leak will show that SSF4AE will be on sale again for 9.99? Sorry, I just missed that deal and I want to bang my head on the wall.

Three since the final day is recap day.

Fuck it. This is the type of game I want to support. It's the price of a crappy fast food meal. The fact that I can play through it in one setting isn't a negative either. Movies cost more than $5.

I'm buying it.

well so far I got:

Alan Wake Summer Bundle 2012
Just Cause 2
L.A. Noire Complete Edition
Dead Space 2
Fall Out NV Ultimate Edition
GTA Complete Edition

total: ~40€

I think I will control my budget for these last days, I hope they offer new stuff :\

Retne

Sorry for being so persistent but anyway a leak will show that SSF4AE will be on sale again for 9.99? Sorry, I just missed that deal and I want to bang my head on the wall.

The only leak was the packages getting entered into the steam database and since that's open to the public that isn't exactly a huge leak. We have no idea when single games or the packs will be on sale. We also have no clues as to what games will see deep discounts.

I sure wish we knew though. It would make this a lot easier.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
$6 for Tiny and Big is a great price. Very fun, very well presented game that doesn't overstay its welcome or tire out its mechanics.

Shadows of Chernobyl is the one universally praised. The other two are stand alone expansion packs and not as good. Of those two Call is the better game and Clear Skies is less liked.
...safe" areas in the game. Firefights break out in towns. Bandits show up as to wild animals. You will see people walking on the road and you don't know until you get close whether they are friend or foe. It's really neat stuff.

Ok you are kinda doing a good job on selling it to me, but I am still kinda on the fence because of all the "Janky" talk, that's what really bothered me about METRO 2030, as much as that game was good at creating atmosphere, many times the immersion was lost due to a very inconsistent optimization (example: game runs smooth and great in a small indoor level, you step out in an open battlefield with lots of enemies, all a sudden it's a slide show, I had to pause the game and re work the graphically settings just so the game became playable again and I could advance through the level) kinda hated that part of M2030, but eventually I found a good middle ground and enjoyed the game, and even got used to the jankyiness.

The reason I love the Fallout games is becasue of pure atmosphere, the amazing, alternate universe-post apocalyptic world it throws you in. You really feel like the inhabitants of DC and New Vegas have been living there for years, all of them, mutants, creatures alike, they don't feel like mindless AI, NPCs put there for your amusement. You really feel like you are an outsider stepping into their ground. And if that's how STALKER feels, like a genuine post nuclear reactor incident town of eerie Chernobyl with some scary creatures thrown in, I'm all for it.

And again going back to playing the original and first instalment vs Call of Pripyat. I am not too concerned about the size or length of the game, I actually like it if the experience is more of a short and sweet experiencing, I don't really wanna delve into a 30-40 hour game.

I'm guessing CoP is the refined and condensed version/continuation of the original, if so, I'd take that over the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom