• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I've gotten away pretty well

Binary Domain (Amazon) $10
Ys: Origin $8
Recettear $5

and hopefully Ys: Oath for whatever the daily/flash deal is (if it ever has one).

Was thinking of Skyrim but the combat seems very off putting, and ofc $30 dollar price tag.
Crap, took an in-depth look at Binary Domain and I hate myself for not picking it up. Like the choices made, mate.

Seriously, I just want Ys Origin on sale and I'm done. Next purchase I make is either Ys or BUST!

Hang on, bud.

Going to pick up DA:O. Just need the Witcher games and hopefully Mass Effect 1/2 to go on sale and I'm done. Except for the five impulse buys I make every day. I've bought so much crap. If you know what you got, you aint got enough.

dani_dc

would still show up on your profile's games list

Have a public/friends only/private tags for games in your game list.

It won't happen, but if they wanted they could add those type of games and allow users to have them (and any other game they so desire) hidden from public view.

Melville

Could anyone please gift me Dragon Age Ultimate Edition? I can Paypal the money or gift something of the same value. Thanks!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I have a sneaking suspicion that there is gonna be a big surprise at the end of this sale period.

Oh dude, don't do that to us.

Krilekk

Banned
The game came out a few weeks ago. 40% off is more than generous.

Both Terraria and Super Meat Boy had 75 % price cuts just days/weeks after release for the winter sale. Granted, it was a mistake for Terraria which then only got 50 % after a couple of hours. But that's still better. During a sale where everyone has already bought lots of games they haven't even played yet it's tough to sell people on another one for just 40 % off.

wazoo

It seems that the flash sales are lasting more and more. One is changing in the next hour and then nothing new before 9 to 10 hours.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Wow. Buncha assholes playing Payday. Obviously im lvl 1 I just started the game. Smh.

Aw man, it's that kind of game? Shit, now I don't even want to play it. Honestly, my recent experiences playing online PC games have been almost as bad as Xbox Live. I guess when the userbase starts expanding, you statistically encounter more and more buttholes.

Damn you, PC gaming! Stop getting popular! Can't we go back to the time when only super nerds and adults played on PC?

HiiiLife

Maybe some gaffers could play with you. I usually hate playing with randoms for this very reason and more

I appreciate the thought man but I switched to Orcs must Die. Lol. Hopefully during the day players will be more "accepting" of my low level. Lol.

Koroviev

Going to pick up DA:O. Just need the Witcher games and hopefully Mass Effect 1/2 to go on sale and I'm done. Except for the five impulse buys I make every day. I've bought so much crap. If you know what you got, you aint got enough.

Your collection isn't sufficiently large until you've attempted to buy something you already own without realizing it.

Aw man, it's that kind of game? Shit, now I don't even want to play it. Honestly, my recent experiences playing online PC games have been almost as bad as Xbox Live. I guess when the userbase starts expanding, you statistically encounter more and more buttholes.

Damn you, PC gaming! Stop getting popular! Can't we go back to the time when only super nerds and adults played on PC?

Just add people from message board like GAF to play with. Game is pretty fun with three friends.

HiiiLife

I know right. At least Left4Dead people helped me out when I said I was new. I can already tell this game is gonna be pain I get into lobbies with though. Every lobby I joined I was the only level 1. Then all of a sudden.. Lobby disconnected. Lol. Smh stop it Payday community.

feel

It seems that the flash sales are lasting more and more. One is changing in the next hour and then nothing new before 9 to 10 hours.
Nah, it's been like that every day, there's always this big gap during the night (after the 12:01am pdt flash sale and new vote) so people can get some good sleep without completely missing a deal.

Levyne

Banned
I've added a lot of gaffers onto steam but haven't done much other than that. When I play the rare online game and invite someone or something they're gonna be like 'who the heck are you'

Nah, it's been like that every day, there's always this big gap during the night so people can get some good sleep without completely missing a deal.

Yep, I've been staying up til 3am every day, haha. Makes sense since that would be midnight on the west coast

Milamber

Oh dude, don't do that to us.
There are clues everywhere. The most obvious is the day 6 pic & day 7 clue...

"New Objective: Badger the witness
New Clue: Tattered flag and fallen sign
New P.O.I.: Cyl"

If you see the flag & sign below...

nqsFC.png

then turn up brightness...

FgH5m.png

Ok, what does that prove? No idea. Infuriating though.

EDIT: I'm also clicking everywhere on the storefront page, just in case.

seldead

Bought so far

Max Payne 3 $30 (amazon)
Bastion $3.75
Alan Wake: AN $3.75
Crysis 2 $12

fingers crossed SSFIV returns as a daily deal or something. COME ON CAPCOM It's all i really want left

I beat Portal 2 since buying it the other day. FANTASTIC game. So much better than the first. There are so many little things that add to the story. When I found out what the
opera translated to
at the end my mind was blown.

Also, clearly Valve is not releasing Half Life 3 because they are working on a new Orange Box that will include HL3, Portal 3, L4D 3, and TF3. Right? Right?

Including my unused Wallet funds, I've now crossed the $300 mark.

I feel ilke this is shockingly more common this sale. Alot of my friends are in similar situitions. Valve reallynfound how to do us in with these flash sales.

I don't know whether to praise the "new Valve economist" or damn him.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I beat Portal 2 since buying it the other day. FANTASTIC game. So much better than the first. There are so many little things that add to the story. When I found out what the
opera translated to
at the end my mind was blown.

Fun fact: Erik Wolpaw, one of the main writers on the game, had no idea what the song translated to until after the game shipped.

Also, clearly Valve is not releasing Half Life 3 because they are working on a new Orange Box that will include HL3, Portal 2, L4D 3, and TF3. Right? Right?

I think there's a good chance that the game will ship with F-STOP, assuming it's a shorter game a la Portal.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
oh my god how did the darkness 2 not win

what is wrong with people

everybody voting who isn't me is hitler

Popstar

FgH5m.png

Ok, what does that prove? No idea. Infuriating though.

EDIT: I'm also clicking everywhere on the storefront page, just in case.
Friendship... hmmm.... OMG! Everyone who gifts a game to someone else during the sale gets a free copy of Ricochet 2!
or maybe not

Fun fact: Erik Wolpaw, one of the main writers on the game, had no idea what the song translated to until after the game shipped.

I think there's a good chance that the game will ship with F-STOP, assuming it's a shorter game a la Portal.

That is crazy. That song fits in so well with the theme of the game.

And I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we got another Orange Box type set...though I'm not sure what the third game would be (other than Fstop and HL3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom