• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

Just bought DA:OU from work through that damned android app to put me over $100. I have serious issues considering the fact that it will be 2015 before I complete all of these games.

Milamber

Wow Fable 3 won. SMH

Bringing it back! Wooo!

iXywCLR5PDD3o.gif

Hellix

This sale has bucked a number of trends. While I'm not saying there won't be a repeat sale for the last day I would suggest you don't count on it.

I'd bet there will be a repeat on Monday. The daily deals last 36 hours, so Sunday will be the last day of new sales.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
oh my god how did the darkness 2 not win

what is wrong with people

everybody voting who isn't me is hitler
Sieg Moleneux!

I'm bummed too.

Friendship... hmmm.... OMG! Everyone who gifts a game to someone else during the sale gets a free copy of Ricochet 2!
or maybe not

My god. Time to start gifting.

Seriously, though... Anyone expecting a predictable surprise from Valve will end up traditionally disappointed.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
oh my god how did the darkness 2 not win

what is wrong with people

everybody voting who isn't me is hitler

Fable 3??????? FABLE FUCKING 3????

Fuck everythig, a bad game, a bad port, judst all around shit, gets more votes than a brand new GOOD game for -75%?

Just how stupid is the average gamer?

Koroviev

Just bought DA:OU from work through that damned android app to put me over $100. I have serious issues considering the fact that it will be 2015 before I complete all of these games.

I have enough games to play through the impending iOS gaming apocalypse. See, I'm not just hoarding games!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That is crazy. That song fits in so well with the theme of the game.

Yeah, but it shouldn't be taken to mean anything as far as the in-game fiction is concerned -- it's just someone having a bit of fun. Wolpaw actually said he probably would have changed the lyrics had he known about them during development.

Edit: If you have an hour to kill, watch this post mortem from GDC earlier in the year. I can't remember if he mentions not knowing about the lyrics in this video, but regardless it's very interesting and informative. You even see a little bit of the game in its earliest stages.

And I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we got another Orange Box type set...though I'm not sure what the third game would be (other than Fstop and HL3)

Doug Church's Game™.

wazoo

Nah, it's been like that every day, there's always this big gap during the night (after the 12:01am pdt flash sale and new vote) so people can get some good sleep without completely missing a deal.

haha, different point of views, this is full day time in Europpe :)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Just how stupid is the average gamer?

To be fair, Darkness II has already gone on sale. Maybe the voting masses already purchased it. That's why I didn't vote for it. (Though I sure as balls didn't vote for Fable 3.)

If people missed it during a previous vote/flash sale, that's largely their fault. Hard to sympathize when it's just so easy to check games on sale (smartphone, computer, anything), and it's very unlikely you'll legitimately miss a game due to sleep, unless your sleep schedule lines up absolutely perfectly wrong.

Popstar

Now that I think about it I'm surprised there isn't a task/badge for gifting a game.

Free copy of Nuclear Dawn to whoever quotes this post first... just in case

Dacvak

So none of this then?

http://i.imgur.com/VVrRT.png[IMG]

Aww.[/QUOTE]
[b]NO![/b]

[spoiler]Even though that picture gave me a total boner.[/spoiler]

[quote="Popstar, post: 40029478"]Now that I think about it I'm surprised there [I]isn't[/I] a task/badge for gifting a game.

[spoiler]Free copy of Nuclear Dawn to whoever quotes this post first... just in case[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
Do I win?

[spoiler]mercenar1e wins. I edit-cheated.[/spoiler]

Lmao, and then he edited his post. Anyway, mercenar1e was fastest. =P

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Are the other games in the Carpe Fulgur pack any good or is Recettear the one to get?

-Mikey- said:
I doubt those that voted for fable 3 will actually play it. They are just playing Steam, not the games.
Playing games? what sorcery is this?

Speevy

Banned
Another question.

I downloaded F.E.A.R and its expansion, but it seems to have combined them all (I guess?) into the Perseus Mandate expansion.

Is this what I should be playing? I downloaded everything, and it took forever. I'd hate it if I had to do it again.

Salsa

for those wondering JaseC spent 300 bucks so far even though he already owned 1000+ games before the sales

I have no idea what the fuck he's buying

Tess3ract

Banned
We need some sort of survey from valve to fill out asking everyone who voted why they voted why they did. The feedback would be invaluable.
for those wondering: JaseC spent 300 bucks so far even though he already owned 1000+ games before the sales

Holy shit hahaha that's about twice the games I have

Dacvak

for those wondering JaseC spent 300 bucks so far even though he already owned 1000+ games before the sales

Train Sim DLC.

haikira

We need some sort of survey from valve to fill out asking everyone who voted why they voted why they did. The feedback would be invaluable.

You just want to go call at the house, of people who voted for Fable III and kick the shit out them. Kind of like that scene from Jay and Silent Bob.

Joe Molotov

Another question.

I downloaded F.E.A.R and its expansion, but it seems to have combined them all (I guess?) into the Perseus Mandate expansion.

Is this what I should be playing? I downloaded everything, and it took forever. I'd hate it if I had to do it again.

FEAR and the expansions automatically download together. Neither of the expansions are very good, just play FEAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom