• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioHazard

ZcnxM.png

Good day today!

Sweet, GAF is back!

And during the downtime, I was able to trade someone a game for Tiny & Big while it was on sale. I've pretty much been to get a lot of the games that I have been really wanting for some time. Now all that's left is to see what happens in the remaining few days, and if nothing too special happens, I'll pre-order Torchlight 2.

Petrie

Banned
I definitely want Krater, but I know it'll hit 75% off by yhe Winter sale, and have no idea if it's something so good I need to play it now. What do I do GAF? Is it that good?

Are the GRATUITOUS games worth looking at?

marrec

Banned
Anyway so now that GAF is back up.

1. DAMN IT Puzzle Agent 2 didn't win.

2. Should I get Longest Journey AND Dreamfall?

Gregorn

I've bought so many games that my PC can't even run. I just got L4D2 thinking at least that would work, and what the hell am I doing with Crysis. Damn you Gabe.

I'm so close to just blowing all of my money on a new PC.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I love the idea of community and flash votes but I don't think Valve has enough deals on hand to sustain a 12 day sale here. We've seen all this stuff. This is getting boring.

MNC

Recommend me one or two 2,50 dollar/Euro games. For the last bit of my budget. Is EYE something that's worthy?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
♥ ~ * GAF * ~ ♥

Thank you Panda, you are amazing!!!

QIoLu.jpg

RoadDogg

I have $30 bucks burning a hole in my pocket just waiting for something I am interested to come on sale. The only one thing I wanted so far was a flash deal while I was sleeping and the other lost the community vote :( I'm going to end up pre-ordering Torchlight 2 at the end of the sale if the deals keep up with the not catering to my tastes.

Kimaka

Can someone in the DA:O community hook me up with the recommended mods?

I've busted through the game so many times, but never on computer, I'd like a freshish scene

DA Nexus and the Bioware Social Network pretty much have any mods you may need.

I'd recommend:

Character Respecialization - Allows you to change your specialization, attributes, spells, and talents by unlearning them so you can reallocate the points.

Storage Chest - Adds a storage chest in the camp

Lock Bash - Open locks based upon your strength for warriors or magic for mages so you won't have to keep a rogue in your party.

To make the install process easier, you can use DAModder which lets you drag and drop .DAZIP or .ZIP files to install the mods.

Not a big fan of the deals today.

I have this annoying message when I start Civilization IV. Not everytime but often enough.

zjUyt.jpg

If I just close and restart Steam the game will launch just fine, still it's a bit annoying. Any thoughts?

Happened to me all the time with Hitman Blood Money. Find the steam.dll file in your Steam directory and copy it into the Civ IV folder, under Steam/steamapps/common etc.

2. Should I get Longest Journey AND Dreamfall?

I can't speak to Dreamfall but TLJ is a solid adventure game with a LOT of story. Fortunately most of it is well written, at least according to the standards of the times. If you don't mind sitting through lots of V/O or reading, I'd snag it. It's a good game.

Snapped up Krater, now I just need to wait for Quantum Conundrum to go cheaper and I'll have gotten everything I really wanted out of this sale. (Tiny & Big, Krater, The Walking Dead and Quantum Conundrum).

mackattk

I refuse to put any more money in my wallet, ended up putting ~225 in, have ~10 left. Only thing I am really waiting for is driver to go on sale, dont think there is much anything else... Here is the list I got so far.

alpha prime
amnesia
anno 2070
assassins creed 2
assassins creed brotherhood deluxe
binding of isaac bundle
broken sword bundle
carpe fulger bundle
darkness 2
double fine bundle
dreamfall
fallout 3
fallout new vegas
fear complete pack
frozen synapse
hard reset
just cause 2
krater
la noire complete
legend of grimrock
longest journey
magicka complete pack
microsoft flight
mirrors edge
monkey island special edition bundle
qube
railworks 3 bundle (7.49)
scratches directors cut
serious sam 3 bfe deluxe
stalker bundle
thief bundle
walking dead

Firebrand

Not a big fan of the deals today.

Happened to me all the time with Hitman Blood Money. Find the steam.dll file in your Steam directory and copy it into the Civ IV folder, under Steam/steamapps/common etc.
Hmm, thanks, gotta try that with OutRun 2006, I keep having to restart Steam to get that game running.

ImRight

Lol @ all the Repeats, Sniper elite, Amnesia, Fallout NV, witcher, Plants Vs zombies....Oh and Alan wake......

theres actually only 3 new deals, and i might even be wrong there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom