• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
There's one game unavailable in Euroland.

I see:

Plants vs Zombies
Tanks Battles
Witcher 2
FO:NV
Sniper ELite 2
Alan Wake
Krater
Amensia:DD

So what's the mystery game?

Binabik15

Duders, I should be able to play the non lol-violence version of F:NV when someone from outside Germany gifts it to me, right?

If yes and you'd hook me up with Ultimate Edition for 10€, send me a PM, I got paypal. You'd have to tell me how to give money to a random person on PP, though.

graywolf323

Zuh?

It's more expensive on GOG, unless you buy Witcher 1 with it, then it's slightly more expensive than the Steam price but comes with Witcher 1.

not to mention shouldn't buying the Steam version get you a copy to activate on GOG? (you just have to email the dev unless that was a limited time deal and is over)

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I wish today was the last day of sales so I can do my grab bag and be done. I was excited the first couple days but this summer sale has gotten incredibly stale. Great games but sick of seeing the same ones over and over. So many gems overlooked this sale in favor of putting certain games on sale thrice already.

I bought the Fallout 3 GOTY edition for five bucks. That still lets you get all the GFW achievements with console commands, right?

If so, this is the best achievement investment I've ever made.

AcridMeat

Banned
There's one game unavailable in Euroland.

I see:

Plants vs Zombies
Tanks Battles
Witcher 2
FO:NV
Sniper ELite 2
Alan Wake
Krater
Amensia:DD

So what's the mystery game?
The indie bundle? Oh yeah I beat that skeleton of a horse.

This day is pretty hilarious. Finally L4D1! Out of everything the two most interesting are Krater and EYE.

EYE is worth picking up for how weird the world is.

Hopefully the flash deals will be better implemented in the winter and the community vote will be gone. It was a nice idea but I don't see it ever working out well for anyone. I suspect they'll need to get publishers/devs to specifically commit to flash deals to keep them interesting...it really seems like a good space for small indie games and older titles and that's it. Flash deals should not pop up in the dailies later on down the road, it completely deflates the excitement of the new deals.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm gonna start playing some of the games today :3

Bentendo

Alright, so I got Krater but since nothing else really interests me today I have a couple of questions:

E.Y.E.: Yes or no? Similar games?

The Longest Journey: Yes or no? Does it still hold up today even though it's so old?

I'm gonna start playing some of the games today :3

Believe it or not I've already beaten three games since the sale started (Just Cause 2, Portal 2 and Limbo) and am about to beat Bastion.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So, this Nexuiz game looks pretty fantastic to me. Sort of like a UT clone of some kind.

Who else is getting it? Maybe we can put together some GAF games.

HoosTrax

You people adding things to your cart, it damn well better include The Longest Journey! (And I guess Dreamfall)
I did not like Dreamfall at all. I hated the different gameplay, I hate the nonsensical storyline, I hated the cliffhanger non-ending that we still haven't gotten a resolution to.

I try to wipe it from my memory and pretend like only The Longest Journey is relevant.

ZcnxM.png

Good day today!
How did you get Steam text to look blod like this?

goober

oh shit Gaf is back.

Is the Krater Collector's Edition worth the extra 2.50? It's a soundtrack + an extra character.

Seems like you can get a similar character later on in the game though..

Cramoss

So, this Nexuiz game looks pretty fantastic to me. Sort of like a UT clone of some kind.

Who else is getting it? Maybe we can put together some GAF games.

I'm still on the fence about this one. I haven't heard great things about this game.

StAidan

Well, I went with Longest Journey + Dreamfall pack, which leaves me with $3.57 in the Steam Wallet, so that might be my last purchase of the sale.

The damage on this one is pretty tame compared to all the stuff I picked up in December. Total summer sale acquisitions:

- Trine Bundle
- Half-Life Complete
- Torchlight
- NFS: Hot Pursuit
- The Longest Journey + Dreamfall

I also picked up the daily deal of Wizorb a couple days before the sale started, and earlier today managed to grab one of Tony's EU III keys before Reddit wiped the spreadsheet.

I think I'm set.

Nexuiz... Y/N?

No. It's pretty mediocre and won't sustain a community even with this deal. I was in the beta though, so maybe patches have substantially improved the game. The fact it's a multiplayer focused game and yet not in the Steam top 100 months after release is telling.

Sora_N

I did not like Dreamfall at all. I hated the different gameplay, I hate the nonsensical storyline, I hated the cliffhanger non-ending that we still haven't gotten a resolution to.

I try to wipe it from my memory and pretend like only The Longest Journey is relevant.

That's actually fine for me, just gonna grab TLJ for now then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom