• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That's a pretty terrible computer. Thief 1 + 2 are old enough they may work, but as somebody else mentioned stay FAR away from STALKER. That's a modern game that needs power to run it.

But Stalker should be fine on a laptop that runs stuff like Skyrim without issue, right? Does the Complete mod make it more demanding?

diffusionx

Gold Member
I have DAO on PS3 and am probably about 70% done with it and.. It's pretty good. I'm tempted to get the OG version but I'm not sure I'm gonna play through it all again. I'd ask for advice but I already know what people are going to say.

1-D_FTW

But Stalker should be fine on a laptop that runs stuff like Skyrim without issue, right? Does the Complete mod make it more demanding?

Never played it without the complete mod (so can't compare), but from everything I've read, the complete mod is supposed to make it run much better.

CoP has a benchmark program you can download (I think) to test the performance.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
STALKER is VERY demanding. Skyrim isn't as demanding.

Well, just gonna have to see how it runs then! I'd be surprised if it isn't at least playable. Only payed €2.49 for it anyway, so not a big loss either way, and if it turns out that my laptop isn't up to the task I guess I'll just keep it in my backlog until I get a new one. Have sooo many other games to play anyway.

H3xum

Can someone in the DA:O community hook me up with the recommended mods?

I've busted through the game so many times, but never on computer, I'd like a freshish scene

Bradach

I have DAO on PS3 and am probably about 70% done with it and.. It's pretty good. I'm tempted to get the OG version but I'm not sure I'm gonna play through it all again. I'd ask for advice but I already know what people are going to say.
Well there's an element of strategy in the PC version that's just not there in the console versions. Zooming out and planning the battle made it quite different imo

I haven't played the console version myself but general consensus seems to be that the PC version and console versions are almost two different games due to the controls.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Really? I'm Argentinian too, and had the $22.75 price on the daily sale. I think there was someone else with the same price as me, but don't remember who it was. I remember it pretty well 'cause I had just bought the game 2 weeks before from Amazon, at 30 bucks (still totally worth it!).
Me. The Rockstar games took quite a while to be available, at least they are cheaper :p

Balances somewhat with Live's unavailability and EA's idiotic pricing though...

Geoff9920

I've played a fair amount of both versions and the basic differences come down to:

1. Controls - Hotkeys + Mouse Precision make a big difference
2. PC version is a bit more difficult due to the additional enemies.
3. Skill bar (PC) vs. skill wheel (Console)
4. Isometric View

marrec

Banned
Never played it without the complete mod (so can't compare), but from everything I've read, the complete mod is supposed to make it run much better.

CoP has a benchmark program you can download (I think) to test the performance.

The Complete Mod improves performance quite a bit, but the game is still very taxing because of poor optimization.

Tomodachi

I have this annoying message when I start Civilization IV. Not everytime but often enough.

zjUyt.jpg

If I just close and restart Steam the game will launch just fine, still it's a bit annoying. Any thoughts?

Got my 20 voting task done this morning.

Last things I want from the sale would be Driver and maybe ARMA. Come on Gabe I know ARMA may not show up but I am hoping Driver will.

marrec

Banned
It was demanding back when it released in 2007. It plays a lot better on my computer (three-year old hardware) than Skyrim.

I think it depends on drivers and hardware, but my system (which runs Skyrim just bloody fine thank you very much) has a very hard time with STALKER.

Spazo

Got my 20 voting task done this morning.

Last things I want from the sale would be Driver and maybe ARMA. Come on Gabe I know ARMA may not show up but I am hoping Driver will.

same here. Still looking to buy Driver and I would like a better discount on ARMA

1-D_FTW

I think it depends on drivers and hardware, but my system (which runs Skyrim just bloody fine thank you very much) has a very hard time with STALKER.

I think we already established the other day that something is wrong with your system (either drivers or some conflict).

haikira

Guessing there's going to be some people happy, with the deals on today. Krater seemed like a fan favorite, to go on sale, around here.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
im seeing witcher 2, but it doesnt seem to actually be on sale.

edit: never mind, must have just been slow to pop.

Einbroch

Banned
Flash deals are neat, but it's really making the daily deals boring as hell. Nothing for me again today. That's two days now with no purchases!

Sora_N

Didn't want to spend more...but they hav PvZ on sale AND Longest Journey. I'm not sure if I should buy both games or just get the first one first...

Also I can buy one PvZ for myself and one for gift to gift later right?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Man, NeoGAF is getting hit hard right now for some reason.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've missed you GAF T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom