• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Snapped up Krater, now I just need to wait for Quantum Conundrum to go cheaper and I'll have gotten everything I really wanted out of this sale. (Tiny & Big, Krater, The Walking Dead and Quantum Conundrum).

Hope you're happy with 33 percent off, because that's what the Customer Choice vote was for and those foreshadow everything.

I have this annoying message when I start Civilization IV. Not everytime but often enough.

zjUyt.jpg

If I just close and restart Steam the game will launch just fine, still it's a bit annoying. Any thoughts?

I had the same problem with Runaway. The solution was to add Steam's directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam if you're running a 64-bit Windows) to the Path entry, check out the instructions here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31314716&postcount=5

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So I blindly bought Alan Wake today for 10 bucks. Even not knowing how it runs on PC it seems like a good buy. I don't have a 360 anymore so I haven't experienced this franchise at all.

Maiger

You said to buy Krater, so I did. Seems like a good game. A friend bought it too, so hopefully the coop mode comes soon.

ShaneB

I did not like Dreamfall at all. I hated the different gameplay, I hate the nonsensical storyline, I hated the cliffhanger non-ending that we still haven't gotten a resolution to.

I try to wipe it from my memory and pretend like only The Longest Journey is relevant.

Sadly I do share most of the same sentient, I played Dreamfall for a little bit, but the wonky combat and just overall different feel didn't grab me in the same way. I do want to go back to it someday and eventually get to this cliffhanger ending I hear about, since I love the story and world and characters. TLJ is a p&c adventure staple that every fan of the genre should play. And it most certainly holds up as I only played it for the first time last year.

You'll have people who do prefer Dreamfall however, so it can be quite a divide on who likes what. I figure at that price people might as well get em both and see what they like.

dot

Finally managed to get Fallout 3 GOTY.

Now i'm waiting for Alice and Metro 2033 to pop back up on sale and i'm done. :)

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Is Jagged Alliance never going to come up again after losing that stupid vote? These daily deals are depressing.
No, we don't have room for Jagged Alliance. We need those slots for Saints Row 3, Sanctum, Fable 3, etc.

I hope Oblivion goes back up there as I want the GotY pack for $5. Otherwise I think I am pretty much done unless Valve puts up BRAND NEW sales tomorrow or this weekend.

At least my wallet is happy!

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
I'd just like to suggest that anyone who doesn't own it, even if they happen to dislike rogue-likes, should pick up Dungeons of Dredmor (part of the Indie Bundle VII and still on sale for half a day). It's an absolute bargain, compatible with mac and PC, and constantly supported with inexpensive expansions and even a free DLC pack.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12986/

I don't care all that much for the genre, at least when it's executed blandly, but DoD is one of the funniest games I've EVER played, and has more personality and soul than a dozen games with bigger budgets from bigger studios.

I will day one the iPad version they're allegedly working on as soon as it's out.

Be warned: it's addicting as hell. Playing with permadeath mode on is HIGHLY recommended (otherwise it isn't reeeallllly a rogue-like).

DOA

as i see it work the last time (Longest Journey won) i am once again at your mercy Gaffers.

first one to quote will get my vote to his/hers/its choice...

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Who wants to go in on a 4-pack of Nexuiz with me?

I'll organize and buy it. First three to quote will get in. It's $1.87 per person.

It's probably pretty dumb wondering whether to get Krater NOW at 66% off while full well knowing i won't get around to it until Winter at the earliest when it will be 75% off, yet i am considering it WTF :(

Weenerz

Banned
Is Nexuis worth the $2.50?

No, shitty console port, the developers released "dlc" that had a bunch of multiplayer additions that should have been in day one, like a server browser. Fuck them and their shitty game. Lead & Gold > Nexuiz any day of the week.

Who wants to go in on a 4-pack of Nexuiz with me?

I'll organize and buy it. First three to quote will get in.

Don't do it, the game is shit and the developers are shit.

Why would anyone buy Nexuiz anything, it's a multiplayer game that isn't even in the top 100 played games according to Steam stats. Fewer than 1000 people play that game, if any.

Raknar

Neo Member
Just got back from work, eager to see what was on daily, only to see nothing new! Don't know why they didn't save one big title for each day, so atleast there's something fresh.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Don't do it, the game is shit and the developers are shit.

For $2, it looks fun enough. Sucks that they're bad developers, though.

Firebrand

Snapped up Krater, now I just need to wait for Quantum Conundrum to go cheaper and I'll have gotten everything I really wanted out of this sale. (Tiny & Big, Krater, The Walking Dead and Quantum Conundrum).
It's 33% off right now on GMG, 46% if you have one of those vouchers that came with the free games they were giving away.

PBalfredo

What's the word on E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy? Worth it?

I hear cyberpunk FPS/RPG and I think Dues Ex, a game that I love. Anywhere near that? This looks more action-y, which is fine, but is all just shooting dudes in empty streets like the trailer makes it seem?

Miker

Honestly, if you wanted an arena shooter, you'd probably have been better off getting UT 2K4 or the Unreal Deal pack from earlier. Population would probably be about the same :-/

Double

Lets face it, Arma II wont get a deal, it would have already shown up since any game of that size would definately visit all 3 categories.

So fkin lame, Gabe.

Enco

:lol

Sure the games are great but this is starting to get silly.

Witcher 2 needs to get the fuck out. 4 times already.

Have they added co-op mode to Krater yet? My decision to buy will depend on that.

Also, is Jurassic Park worth getting? I've been reading some reviews and they're pretty harsh on the game for being an interactive movie without much gameplay. But at the same time, reviews gush over The Walking Dead which is basically the same thing. I don't quite understand it. For the record, I really do like the Walking Dead game.

ßthePenguin;40037980 said:
Lets face it, Arma II wont get a deal, it would have already shown up since any game of that size would definately visit all 3 categories.

So fkin lame, Gabe.

Bohemia are the troll publishers of this sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom