• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I wish I had a Gamestop in my country to trade my Wii for a 50 buck steam voucher or something, not like im gonna use it again from now until the WiiU comes out

Gweg

Neo Member
Aaaand bought Crysis and the Pendulo Pack.

Man, this sale has been killing my wishlist. I've gotten 7 out of my top 10 going into the sale (Payday: The Heist, Ys Origin, Metro 2033, Serious Sam 3, Cave Story, Yesterday, Crysis) One isn't even on sale yet (Toki Tori 2) and the other two are Gemini Rue and The Ship. The Ship's at 75% so unless there's a better daily/bundle deal, I'll probably get that at the end of the sale. And I'm still hoping for an individual sale on Gemini Rue, maybe a flash or a daily.

I know this is off-topic, but Gemini Rue is 5$ on GOG until the 19th of July :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish I had a Gamestop in my country to trade my Wii for a 50 buck steam voucher or something, not like im gonna use it again from now until the WiiU comes out

The Steam Wallet Codes are exclusive to the US, anyway, AFAIK.

Jzero

GameStop is a piece of shit they would probably give you like 35 for it :lol

Salsa

894Dt.png

GAF saving the day

huge thanks to CRS :)

guess im getting Crysis 2 now?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For those who may have missed it, The Walking Dead is now $15 on Amazon.

I'd have bought The Walking Dead if Telltale hadn't recently announced Season 2. Now I may as well wait for a Complete Pack (or will they continue with the naming scheme and label it "Complete Series"?).

Turnstyle

Yesterday bought, another one knocked off my wishlist. Started at 14, now down to 10.

Also used the Steam app to purchase something for the first time. By the time I'd have got home the flash sale would have been over.

Now it's even easier to give my money to Gabe! Hurrah!

WTF has Steam put a limit on the amount of games that can be downloaded at once? I'm trying to download Mirror's edge and Crysis 2, but if I start one of them the other gets suspended? Did a full restart and still the same issue? Can someone else try it out?

Javaman

Yesterday bought, another one knocked off my wishlist. Started at 14, now down to 10.

Also used the Steam app to purchase something for the first time. By the time I'd have got home the flash sale would have been over.

Now it's even easier to give my money to Gabe! Hurrah!

I wish i it worked on my droid. Everything but voting and buying works. Whenever I try to purchase a game the confirmation screen only partially loads.

Danielsan

Including my unused Wallet funds, I've spent over $250.
o_O

I've shown a lot of restraint so far. I only spend €4,73 on Audiosurf and The Binding Of Isaac. There's a ton of games that i want to get (still considering Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, Crysis and Metro for instance), but I also ordered a new PC monitor yesterday which set me back €250. I will have to use my funds really carefully. Still hoping for a repeat of Left 4 Dead 1/2 since I missed it the first time.

Nymerio

How is Gemini Rue? I played two of the Blackwell games and liked them. Will I like this as well? Was thinking of getting Oath in Felghana anyway and if Gemini Rue is ok, I'd get the indie bundle instead of Ys alone.

Oh and purchases so far:

• Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb
  • Ys: Origin
  • QUBE
  • Wings of Prey, Wings of Prey: Wings of the Luftwaffe
  • Red Faction Guerilla

Bricky

Good response Bricky. You're just a tad late. I'll keep you in mind though if I'm giving anything else away, which is pretty well guaranteed.

It's not my lucky day it seems, I missed the deal and the deadline for the response by a few minutes. Ah well, thanks for keeping me in mind. :p

Damn, I thought I pretty much had everything I wanted on Steam minus The Witcher 2 and a few other games, but I'm already close to spending 100 euro and the sale isn't even over. HOW DID YOU TRICK ME GABE?

*Buys Crysis-collection and Pendulo Adventure pack*

E: *Also buys Quantum Conundrum from GMG (my god, the cheap deals are everywhere!)*

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Damnit I am close to just buying Dead Island at regular sale price. really want a new co-op game to play with the crew tomorrow...

edit: o god it isn't on sale AT ALL. This sucks

So what do people suppose the chances of Ys Origin going back down to a better sale price before the end of the summer sale are? Kicking myself for missing the sale on it.

dani_dc

WTF has Steam put a limit on the amount of games that can be downloaded at once? I'm trying to download Mirror's edge and Crysis 2, but if I start one of them the other gets suspended? Did a full restart and still the same issue? Can someone else try it out?

That tends to happens on times of heavier traffic, I imagine to avoid overloads.

Forkball

Legend of Fae is 75% off, I'll pick it up on the last day unless it has a sudden sale. It's good to see titles that go for that cheap without becoming daily deals.

Dimorphic

So far;

Mafia 2
Saints Row: The Third
The Walking Dead
Metro 2033
FEAR Collection
Trine 2
Star Wars Republic Commando
Fallout: New Vegas
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Borderlands GOTY
The Witcher Enhanced Edition

biocat

How simmy is Age of Empires III? I could for another good country/city builder but don't think I need another straight RTS.

Salsa

got a gift from a certain lady avatar friend and now thanks to that I am forever in debt with the people from the upside down lands, dammit!

<3

Minion101

Banned
These flash deals are genius. It gets me to looks at the steam page multiple times a day. Thus making me more likely to make purchases. Simply because it's in my face more.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Where is my GalCiv2 daily deal >:-(

sorry for being a pain in the ass guys, but, I'm considering getting the Assassins Creed 2 but I didn't like the first one, so I'm kinda confused.. I read it's a good game but I still have a poor impression of the first one.

Salsa

Any reason not to buy Assasins Creed Pack?

like bad DRM or gamebreaking bugs that have not been fixed

not like that, but like "the first one is awful and you wont wanna play the rest right away after playing 2, wich is the best and the one you should get. You'll be burned out in the experience since it's a long game. By the time you get to wanting to play Brotherhood it'll probably be cheaper to buy"

save money! get just 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom