• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommijey

Neo Member
Do you get anything at the end of the sales if you get all the achievements? Like a free game?

Only Gaben knows.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/12/steam-summer-sale-is-live/

Also: BADGES. You can see your badge progress in a little section on the right hand side of your Steam community profile page. Clicking on that will show a series of tasks that you can complete to level up your Steam Summer Sale badge and earn a “Pillar of the Community” badge. There are bound to be rewards tied to these somehow, but we’re not sure how that works just yet.

has this been posted?

zgA3Y.png

Yeah, but it's still relevant.

Caerith

Do you get anything at the end of the sales if you get all the achievements? Like a free game?
100% completing all three summer sale badges gets you into the Half-Life 3 beta.

There are only two summer sale badges. Valve can't count to three.

Dommo

God damnit Steam. The first day I stared at the list and thought "Pfft... I own all these games. Looks like Steam isn't going to hurt me too badly this time." Now the proud owner of LA Noire, Crysis 2, Assassin's Creed II and Dear Esther.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a badge for buying every single game on Steam?

I tried to buy the Assassin's Creed Pack with Steam Wallet and Paypal but only the paypal went through and I have not got the game? Should I dispute it with paypal or go through with Steam Support?

Vilifier

Neo Member
Bought Dungeon Siege complete. Not much else I want from this sale, apart from maybe a nice discount on Stalker and Galactic Civilizations 2.

Card Boy

Banned
I just bought it but does anyone still play Crysis 2 online? I loved the console open beta/demo. More specifically do any aussies play?

kafiend

Yeah; the voting has been really sporadic - I suspect I've missed the daily vote badge because of votes not counting.

A couple time they have looked like they were voted on then at some random time of arriving back at the main page they have been awaiting a choice again.

Is Dead Rising 2: Off the Record worth £9.99 to someone who kinda dug the original but thought it was a bit too restricted? Does it let me go to town with unbreakable weapons?

Xater

Just in case I missed it. Has there been a Crusader Kings 2 deal yet? I am thinking about getting it from Amazon but if Steam does 75% off for the whole thing with DLC it would be a better deal for me. I don#t care about the other games I get at Amazon because they don#t have Mac versions.

Lancehead

Just in case I missed it. Has there been a Crusader Kings 2 deal yet? I am thinking about getting it from Amazon but if Steam does 75% off for the whole thing with DLC it would be a better deal for me. I don#t care about the other games I get at Amazon because they don#t have Mac versions.

I think it was a daily.

samman6

Bought Dungeon Siege complete. Not much else I want from this sale, apart from maybe a nice discount on Stalker and Galactic Civilizations 2.
Be wary of Dungeon Siege 2, It freezes on main menu for me after about 5 seconds. Running a Alienware m14x laptop with GT555m and i7 latest driver too, tried some compatibility mode stuff, XP SP3 and SP2, but still nothing. I checked the steam board and some other people had problems for the game. Dungeon Siege 1 throws up an error in windows 7, but runs fine if you just ok it. I am sad now

Alienups

I'd buy Crysis 2 but i spent my paypal money last night and paysafecards have set values so i'd have to buy a €20 one to buy Crysis 2 which is €10.49. Why couldn't it be €9.99 EA, why!?

Dynoro

A couple time they have looked like they were voted on then at some random time of arriving back at the main page they have been awaiting a choice again.

Yeah; being in the UK its meant some late night/early morning voting and if they still aren't counting I'll be less than impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom