• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Got an e-mail back from SecuROM support confirming that Batman: Arkham City has a limit on the number of times you can revoke activations.

DOA

Binding of Isaac update? coolio

also Warlock - Master of the Arcane Update Released: MP for everyone :)

and last but not least (4 days ago):

Zvb0C.jpg

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I kind of want to buy Crysis 2 again, just to have it on my Steam account. I already bought it off Amazon and completed it. I think I'll wait for it to be sub-$10 though. It's a fun game so I'd recommend it to anyone at its current price.

I wouldn't buy Crysis 2, it's well done for what it is, I guess, but it's ultimately a pretty forgettable shooter. It abandoned the ambition of Crysis and Warhead's massive environments in favour of being more of a corridor crawler. It's not as on-rails as a CoD but feels pretty damned close at times. Beat it once, uninstalled it, haven't bothered to play it again.

I'd recommend Rage over Crysis 2, if only because of it's inventive arsenal.

PaulLFC

Which Pendulo games are worth playing?

I could just get the pack, but I've spent quite a bit up to now, and I have The Next Big Thing on disc.

Salsa

Which Pendulo games are worth playing?

not to say the other games are bad but Yesterday is their latest one and its quite a different tone from the others. Got a lot of good buzz and some nice comments about the story. I'd say get Yesterday for sure.

MadD4mon

So, I have absolutely no experience with adventure games. Is the Pendulo deal a good place to start or would you recommend me some other games?

Tomodachi

So, I have absolutely no experience with adventure games. Is the Pendulo deal a good place to start or would you recommend me some other games?
You might want to start from some more "hystorical" franchise, like Monkey Island, Broken Sword, Indiana Jones... Actually I really recommend Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, dated but still amazing to this day.

Adventure game fans please help.
I'm thinking of getting the Pendulo pack but the only game I ever played was one of the Runaways, I hated the writing in it, found it to be dry and flat, like place holder text no one got rid of, have they got better with Next Big Thing and Yesterday?

Didnt think I would like Trine 2 that much but its actually fun and looks really good. Not played Hard Reset yet but seems like it was £5 well spent :)

Leonsito

Is there a list of all the votings so far?

I think I missed three or four, I don't know if I'll be able to get the 20 badge.

Quoting for new page plus new question: are expansions worth it? Since the Complete pack isn't really Complete, the expansions are in the Chronicles pack.
You should get all the extensions. Divine Wind improves the game greatly (that's the lastest one). Also, when you get a hang of the game, look up the Death & Taxes Mod. Makes a ton of improvements and has a better map.

Salsa

sup

only thing that ruined the immersion for me is that the folliage is mostly one flat texture that turns around with you, Mario 64 style, so if you basically walk while looking down, the whole thing just breaks

OniShiro

Banned
Is The Ship any good? I've seen it tons of times on steamgifts so I thought it was probably not very good and from an indie bundle.

elektrixx

Banned
In the grand scheme of things Origin isn't terrible, it's easily better than Microsoft's or Ubisoft's malware/drm.

When the time is right I'll be building my Uplay collection too. I see the future where Uplay/Origin/Battlenet and whatever's next dish out exclusive content and even exclusive games. I'm not gonna try and fight it.

DR2: OTR was such a good purchase. It's so fucking fun even though I beat vanilla DR2 not too long ago. The sandbox mode justified the $10 price tag even more. I wasn't expecting it to be good. There are challenges with interesting goals and Survivors are out to kill you. I thought it would just be a simple "here's the game without a timer with nothing special. Have fun." I got so much more, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom