• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAGII

Neo Member
Thanks for the Titan Quest recs, everyone. I actually knew about that one and it just slipped my mind for some reason. Waiting for the Daily Deal now...

Oh? I didn't realize that one fit the genre. My mouse will hovering over the "Add to Cart" button for the next several hours.

Everything go boom!

pjAS4.gif

I wonder what the explosion is about...

Juan Carlo

Neo Member
This is probably a stupid question, but is there anything similar to Torchlight/Diablo in the sale? Torchlight is the first and only game in that genre I've played, and I loved it but have no interest in Diablo III (especially after listening to the most recent Idle Thumbs).

Divine Divinity is very good. Plus it's only 4 dollars.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
One hour, 15 minutes!

MRORANGE

How hardcore is the L4D2 community? I have next to no experience with online multiplayer :x

In story mode your fine, most people can't screw it up that bad... Unless on Expert.

Versus Mode, play with friends or people will rage quit like hell or kick you if the team is losing.

Double

Be strong GAF, AoE Online is soon to be another deal in this steam sale. Its starting to feel so long-drawn-out... almost as if i was watching simpsons :/

jarosh

Q.U.B.E. was fun for quite a while. Then, towards the end, I came across those magnet/white cube puzzles. Holy shit, what were they thinking? Stopped right there and never looked back. Guess I wasn't the only one either.

1-D_FTW

How hardcore is the L4D2 community? I have next to no experience with online multiplayer :x

And a complete noob to boot? I'd suggest downloading Team Fortress 2 for free and learning the ropes of online multiplayer with that. The two communities are polar opposites. TF2 is one of the most relaxed, jovial experiences you're gonna find. L4D2 is angry, hardcore, nerd rage. You do not want to be learning with that game. They'll turn you off to online forever.

Juan Carlo

Neo Member

I have 600+ hours (it's actually the first and only multiplayer game I've ever liked for any amount of time).

It's fine if you only play co-op maps. I've never really seen anyone be an ass in just a co-op game as there's no competition involved. You are just playing through the levels with other people, all on the same team.

However, it becomes a bit more contentious if you want play team vs team. Like most Multiplayer games you will have to take your lumps as you learn the ropes and you'll probably get kicked several (or many) times, but that's true of basically every team focused competitive Multiplayer game I can think of.

Def Jukie

I like it since I missed out on Dead Island the first time. VOTE DEAD ISLAND!

I have a code for Dead Island GOTY (includes DLC) from GMG that I am looking to trade. I want the SSFIV AE all in costume pack for it (on sale for $7.49). PM me if you or anyone else is interested.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

It just totally depends on who you get paired up with. I've been randomly matched up with some lovely, helpful people. Then I've also been paired up with some utter dicks. It's a toss-up.

Koroviev

And a complete noob to boot? I'd suggest downloading Team Fortress 2 for free and learning the ropes of online multiplayer with that. The two communities are polar opposites. TF2 is one of the most relaxed, jovial experiences you're gonna find. L4D2 is angry, hardcore, nerd rage. You do not want to be learning with that game. They'll turn you off to online forever.

It's fine if you only play co-op maps. I've never really seen anyone be an ass in just a co-op game as there's no competition involved. You are just playing through the levels with other people, all on the same team.

However, it becomes a bit more contentious if you want play team vs team. Like most Multiplayer games you will have to take your lumps as you learn the ropes and you'll probably get kicked several (or many) times, but that's true of basically every team focused competitive Multiplayer game I can think of.

Well, I'm more interested in the co-op. Do you need to have four people, or can you get by with less?

XOMTOR

i'm enjoying it. the combat is pretty decent when you start unlocking some abilities ...and the time rewind ability is pretty neat, too. making copies of yourself in order to team up on enemies is pretty fun and different.

so yes, try the demo out ...but the full game is better than the demo lets you believe, imo.

its hardly AAA material, but its a fun little action/adventure if you're a big fan of games like Heavenly Sword, God of War, etc.

kinda like a B movie that you know isn't fantastic, but its still fun to watch/play.

Sweet, someone bought Blades of Time. Thanks for the impressions Zimbardo, I may actually pick it up since I do enjoy those type of action/hack 'n slash games. It's been 75% off for the duration of the sale so not really any need to hold out for the unlikely chance of a daily.

heringer

It's been 66% off during this sale, twice. Don't think it's been a daily deal though.

For 20 bucks you can get Arham Assylum GOTY, Arkham City Complete, and Gotham Impostors complete.

Just wait for a sale

I think AC was like $10 a few days ago? And yeah AC looks amazing on my system as well. I passed on the game due to DRM issues though.

Oh, can't believe I lost that. Any idea of how long should it take to go on sale again? (I really have no clue).

Juan Carlo

Neo Member
Well, I'm more interested in the co-op. Do you need to have four people, or can you get by with less?

4 is best, but it's really easy to find public games. I almost always play public games with strangers, and like I said I've never had much problem with the co-op games (although it's a multiplayer game so there's never a guarantee).

The campaigns are short so just start out on easy or normal your first time and you should be fine.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Q.U.B.E. was fun for quite a while. Then, towards the end, I came across those magnet/white cube puzzles. Holy shit, what were they thinking? Stopped right there and never looked back. Guess I wasn't the only one either.
I beat it last night, you're right at the end. Are you on the first one or the second one? The second one wasn't hard once I realized I could
"trap" two of the cubes while moving the other two cubes
. The only thing I looked up online was the last achievement because I had no idea where it was. All in all it took me about 3.5 hours for the whole game.

Jburton

Banned
Pulled the trigger on The Witcher 2 today and I really want to play it, but its 16 GBs and that would take me about 16 hours to download.

So I decided to trek my way to school. Free wifi, 5mb per seconds DL. Will be done in about 40 minutes. Now I hope something cool comes up at the next flash sale so i can quickly download it.

Got Witcher 2 myself today, can't wait until my exam is done on Saturday so I can play the bloody thing.

1-D_FTW

You can get by with less. A lot of the time I can complete entire campaigns without dying once on Advanced playing solo. As long as you're not playing Expert, it's not that difficult. Even with just another person you should have a lot of fun with co-op.

Those were actually my favorite puzzles. If you beat those its all downhill from there. Keep at it.

1-D_FTW

Yayyy lets redo deals instead of putting up some that lost in a vote. What the hell steam. I want my Driver copy
LLShC.gif

Ok done venting

If you don't want to follow the regular thread, you should at least subscribe to the Valve RSS feed. It went on sale for 4.99 a couple weeks before the sale began.

You can see Cyl jumping out so I think he accidentally ignited the fireworks while he was smoking his bong.

I'm of the opinion dude is batshit insane and thinks he can rocket to the moon with the rockets he's holding.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Should I get Nexuiz?

I wanted it, but literally everyone else on GAF says no. They've convinced me not to get it, even though it'd be under $2 per person for a 4-pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom