• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting it in your inventory keeps it from cluttering up your regular game list until you're ready for it.

You know you can filter the list to only show installed games, right? It's one of the basic options.
This is probably a stupid question, but is there anything similar to Torchlight/Diablo in the sale? Torchlight is the first and only game in that genre I've played, and I loved it but have no interest in Diablo III (especially after listening to the most recent Idle Thumbs).
Titan Quest.

Tambini

This is probably a stupid question, but is there anything similar to Torchlight/Diablo in the sale? Torchlight is the first and only game in that genre I've played, and I loved it but have no interest in Diablo III (especially after listening to the most recent Idle Thumbs).

Titan quest Gold is pretty good.

Katoki

My sister is leaning toward New Vegas, but then I remembered that Fallout 3 goty edition is also on sale. However, the Steam page says "Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7." What's up with that? Also, is there any way to disable the GFWL DRM?

Which game has the better mods? I don't know if I'd go with the ultimate edition of NV for her, if only because I've read that most of the DLC is very difficult in comparison to the main game.

GfWL DRM mod: http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/1086/
Regarding "incompatible": http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=31723460

I think they both have great mods as I'm pretty sure the mod makers have versions for both games at this point. It's just that FO3 is more open world and NV has invisible walls here and there. NV is better in the story telling department, as someone else has stated not that long ago, whereas Bethesda still needs help in the writing department.

To be honest though, I'm still trying to get my mods sorted because Skyrim was so easy to do with the Nexus Mod Manager and this one seems to be a bit more finicky. I can't handle the default body shapes of Bethesda's stuff. That and high resolution texture mods are always loved.

Veitsev

My sister is leaning toward New Vegas, but then I remembered that Fallout 3 goty edition is also on sale. However, the Steam page says "Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7." What's up with that? Also, is there any way to disable the GFWL DRM?

Which game has the better mods? I don't know if I'd go with the ultimate edition of NV for her, if only because I've read that most of the DLC is very difficult in comparison to the main game.

New Vegas is a much better game. I would not bother with Fallout 3 to be honest.

Holy shit, Arkham City runs great on my GeForce 5250m... Just tried the demo.

I'm tempted to buy at $20... any idea if the price will drop even more soon? I don't follow Steam all that much (I will now!).

Also, LA Noire for $5... yay or nay?

And lastly, is the Alan Wake expansion standalone? Is it worth it? How long is it? I enjoyed the original on my 360 for what's worth... just don't remember anything about the story.

LA Noire is a steal for that price... I picked up the complete edition for $7.49 and have loved every second of it.

The games you want to look at are:

Titan Quest

Krater

steadfast

It's kind of cruel if you ask me. I managed to pass the first two times SR3 went on sale, but I ended up biting on the third. It's like they won't take no for an answer.

They know they just have to keep asking and you
r wallet
will give that ass up!

I'm terrified that I'm not going to get the badge for Voting every day in the sale. I have all the other ones, and just completed the vote 20 times badge, but I honestly can't remember if I voted on the first day of the sale or not, or for that matter if I even knew about the sale on the first day.

I'm going to be really bummed if I lose out on the summer sale badge over such a stupid technicality.
And we will sit -- AS LORDS -- with our png denoting a fully completed badge, while you might remain a peasant with an incomplete treehouse icon.

But really, even if you don't get the full badge, you shouldn't really care. It doesn't mean anything. What does it show that a person has a full one? Oh, they voted on a website a bunch. Big whoop.

Sora_N

Holy shit, Arkham City runs great on my GeForce 5250m... Just tried the demo.

I'm tempted to buy at $20... any idea if the price will drop even more soon? I don't follow Steam all that much (I will now!).

Also, LA Noire for $5... yay or nay?

And lastly, is the Alan Wake expansion standalone? Is it worth it? How long is it? I enjoyed the original on my 360 for what's worth... just don't remember anything about the story.

I think AC was like $10 a few days ago? And yeah AC looks amazing on my system as well. I passed on the game due to DRM issues though.

New Vegas is the better of the two games if you are going to pick just one grab NV. The difficulty of the two games is more or less the same and they do have a difficulty slider. Fallout 3 runs fine on a Win 7 machine that stipulation just means it was made before Win 7 was available. GFWL gets turned off if you install FOSE and that pretty much required for all the bigger mods. FO3 has more mods for it, but both games have all the same big mods because the tool are more or less identical.

And we will sit -- AS LORDS -- with our png denoting a fully completed badge, while you might remain a peasant with an incomplete treehouse icon.

But really, even if you don't get the full badge, you shouldn't really care. It doesn't mean anything. What does it show that a person has a full one? Oh, they voted on a website a bunch. Big whoop.

Yea yea, I know. But still.... I'm just that type of guy

Koroviev

GfWL DRM mod: http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/1086/
Regarding "incompatible": http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=31723460

I think they both have great mods as I'm pretty sure the mod makers have versions for both games at this point. It's just that FO3 is more open world and NV has invisible walls here and there. NV is better in the story telling department, as someone else has stated not that long ago, whereas Bethesda still needs help in the writing department.

New Vegas is a much better game. I would not bother with Fallout 3 to be honest.

New Vegas is the better of the two games if you are going to pick just one grab NV. The difficulty of the two games is more or less the same and they do have a difficulty slider. Fallout 3 runs fine on a Win 7 machine that stipulation just means it was made before Win 7 was available. GFWL gets turned off if you install FOSE and that pretty much required for all the bigger mods. FO3 has more mods for it, but both games have all the same big mods because the tool are more or less identical.

Alright, guess I'll go with NV if that's what she wants. Still debating on the Ultimate edition for her though. Is any of the good DLC on the easy side?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So here's my score so far during the sale. I don't know the prices, nor do I want to calculate them.

• Payday: The Heist
  • Binding of Isaac DLC
  • Frozen Synapse
  • Dead Island
  • The Darkness II
  • Super Street Fighter 4: AE
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • Saints Row: The Third DLC (Sharks, etc)
  • Qube
  • Bastion
  • Vessel
  • Prince of Persia 2008
  • Prince of Persia: TWW
  • Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe
  • Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
  • Railworks 3 - Haulin' USA Pack
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • Limbo
  • Stacking
  • Railworks 3 - Trains vs Zombies DLC
  • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
  • Dead Space 2 (Gift!)
  • Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
  • Chrome
  • Specforce
  • Time Gentlemen, Please!
  • Ben there, Dan that.
  • Crash Time III
  • Thief Gold
  • Thief II
  • Thief: Deadly Shadows
  • PixelJunk Eden

When this sale started, I thought I might buy three or four things. At this point, the only other game I want is Arma II. Though it's very likely I'll break down and buy more while I wait.

Soi-Fong

Just a quick question here about witcher 2. What sort of performance can I expect out of this rig that I have?

My specs are:

Current Rig:

Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Gen 3
CPU: i7 2600k 3.4Ghz
Heatsink: Corsair H100
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600mhz
SSD: Corsair Force 3 240 GB & Intel 320 Series 160 GB
GPU: Diamond HD 5970
Power Supply: Corsair AX 850

Just wondering if I can expect to stay above at least 40 - 50 fps at all times.

Zimbardo

How is Blades of Time? It's $9.99 so I don't know if I buy it or no...

i'm enjoying it. the combat is pretty decent when you start unlocking some abilities ...and the time rewind ability is pretty neat, too. making copies of yourself in order to team up on enemies is pretty fun and different.

so yes, try the demo out ...but the full game is better than the demo lets you believe, imo.

its hardly AAA material, but its a fun little action/adventure if you're a big fan of games like Heavenly Sword, God of War, etc.

kinda like a B movie that you know isn't fantastic, but its still fun to watch/play.

Alright, guess I'll go with NV if that's what she wants. Still debating on the Ultimate edition for her though. Is any of the good DLC on the easy side?

The only DLC that came be tough is Dead Money, but it more just takes some getting used then anything else. You really should get them all since they tell an overarching story.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So, Steam doesn't let you buy a 4-pack of a game if you already own it? That's ridiculous.

I may have missed a discussion on it cause this thread moves fast, but talk to me about Fortune Summoners. I loved Recettear and didn't like Chantelise very much. Would I enjoy Fortune Summoners at all? Or should I pass on it and focus on my now-sizable backlog? I don't need the pack, but the individual games are also 75% off, so it's a fiver.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Everything go boom!

pjAS4.gif

Ledsen

I may have missed a discussion on it cause this thread moves fast, but talk to me about Fortune Summoners. I loved Recettear and didn't like Chantelise very much. Would I enjoy Fortune Summoners at all? Or should I pass on it and focus on my now-sizable backlog? I don't need the pack, but the individual games are also 75% off, so it's a fiver.

Try the demo, the controls are beyond shitty and completely turned me off to the point where I wouldn't even play it if someone payed me to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom