• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owensboro

Due to my own stupidity and a little bad luck, I'm selling a $50 Steam Wallet code that I now have. I'm hoping to sell it for the full $50, but since I got no takers earlier I'm going to try and sweeten the pot. I've got a copy of Renegade Ops with DLC and/or Audiosurf that I could give away too. Any takers?

$50 via paypal for: (1) $50 Steam Wallet Code, (1) Renegade Ops with Coldstrike Campaign and Reinforcement Pack DLC, and/or (1) Audiosurf.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
It's one of the greatest adventure games of all time. It's also quite old and very, very, very long. I count it among the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had, and I'm sure a lot of people would agree. But it's an investment, and if you don't love adventure games you might have a hard time getting into it.

So it's an accurate title then?

So it's not a flash sale or a daily deal or whatever, but Noitu Love 2 is definitely $2.50, and like nobody on my friends list even bothered to buy it.

Not to suck my own dick or anything (so to speak), but I definitely wrote a review of it while drinking over the last hour or so: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40048951&postcount=229

So hopefully someone will fuckin' give this guy money.

I fully intend to buy it on the last day if ARMA doesn't go on sale.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
What a sad state gaming is in when we're conditioned to think we are "bad" at a game for dying once in a level.

It's even sadder that you're making insulting assumptions about me based on only half a sentence since you obviously didn't finish the one where I was talking about dying once on the first level.

After almost three decades of gaming I know the difference between a game that's legit hard, a game that's bullshit hard, and a game I'm just not good at.

You can't buy L4D2 4 pack if you own L4D2, but you can individually buy L4D2 as a gift still. That option is still there. Yea, I'm bored lol.

It's even sadder that you're making insulting assumptions about me based on only half a sentence since you obviously didn't finish the one where I was talking about dying once on the first level.

After almost three decades of gaming I know the difference between a game that's legit hard, a game that's bullshit hard, and a game I'm just not good at.

Are u playing with a Gamepad?

I played with it at the beginning on my tv, but it makes the game unnecessarily harder.

I voted for Shogun 2, more people need the chance to buy that game it's seriously awesome (except when you come up against a full archer+cavalry army and they just run circles around your slow infantry... is there a defense for that?)

Was it on a flash sale today? I bought the Total War pack yesterday for €12,50.

I just got the Total War mega pack as well, and now I really want Shogun 2. It was a daily deal on the first day, but at that time I had no interest in the game. Apparently it was also a flash deal at one point, but I had completely missed it. Now it seems I have just missed my last chance with the community votes. Feels bad. =(

Watevaman

Since it's going to be $10 again for the millionth time, I might as well ask if Dead Island is a good game for someone like me who's looking for an SP game. Is it really only fun if you're playing with buds?

Petrie

Banned
I don't play a ton of shooters and such on PC yet, being terribad with KBM, but have enjoyed some TF2 (with controller mostly) as well as L4D2. My question is, is Tribes newbie friendly for someone like me? And if so, is it worth grabbing the pack while it is still on sale?

blazeuk

Wanted Shogun 2, so hopefully it'll show up as a flash deal at some point. I suppose it's a good thing though, since 75% off the shogun collection would seriously tempt me into buying the SEGA hit collection instead, which I definitely shouldn't be spending money on.

One thing that I've noticed around here that I will never understand is how people are so vocal about only playing with friends and not randoms in MP and Coop games...

Playing with random people in online games has accounted for 99.9999999999999999% of all my game time, and I like it, it's exciting and random. Of course I've used mute since the dawn of time.

Nah, I basically always play FPS with kb/m. I'm sure there's an exception but I can't think of one.

Strange. At least on normal I thought the difficulty was really low. Especially in the first few levels.

Btw. anyone knows how much the Dead Island DLC will be? Cant see it from Germany here.

Playing with random people in online games has accounted for 99.9999999999999999% of all my game time, and I like it, it's exciting and random. Of course I've used mute since the dawn of time.

It depends what kind of Game you play.
The L4D Community is really... low. If you play versus, most of my time I played with random, people left, after they lost the first round early on.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Since it's going to be $10 again for the millionth time, I might as well ask if Dead Island is a good game for someone like me who's looking for an SP game. Is it really only fun if you're playing with buds?

I have only ever played it single player and I have really enjoyed it. Probably put about 15 hrs into it to.

Before it's gone: does anyone have an opinion about E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy? I'm on the fence on the game but don't need much of a push to convince me. Anyone?

MNC

If tgeres gonna be an eye divine cybermancy 4pack in the final few minutes, i want in, so pm me about it. Im off to bed.

therapist

So... Alan Wake... 360 controller or M/KB?

Im all about mouse/keyboard , but i found it didnt work so well in this game as i use a high sens it was a little wonky.
I have heard they patched this , as this was when alan wake first came out , i havent tried mouse/keyb since then tbh.

360 controller works great - also , yes american nightmare is pretty awesome esp for 3.75

Tomodachi

It's one of the greatest adventure games of all time. It's also quite old and very, very, very long. I count it among the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had, and I'm sure a lot of people would agree. But it's an investment, and if you don't love adventure games you might have a hard time getting into it.
Is it really that long? How many hours of play should I expect? Damn, at this point in my gaming career (lol) I really can't stand long games, but I really wanted to catch up on TLJ and its sequel (already bought) sometime soon. I'll probably follow a walkthrough to speed things up.

Enco

One thing that I've noticed around here that I will never understand is how people are so vocal about only playing with friends and not randoms in MP and Coop games...

I usually get another friend to play with me in a game full of random people. Getting a game full of friends isn't very practical.

It depends what kind of Game you play.
The L4D Community is really... low. If you play versus, most of my time I played with random, people left, after they lost the first round early on.

All my 400 hours in L4D 1/2 mp, and I only play versus, is online random matches.

Mute everyone, deal with a ton of idiots who usually get voted off quickly, but I know what you mean. The community is extremely turn-off ish. In the end, you join a new game, and play the rounds.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Man Krater difficulty can be brutal. Game is kicking my ass. Thank god you don't permanently lose your characters, but it sure is expensive to patch them up. Quests, dungeons and finding weapons/upgrades from drops and caches is a lot of fun. Loving how the recruits have different skills and you can have a roster to switch in and out. Not regretting buying this from the devs a while back one bit. My only complaint is that enemies don't seem to have pathing of any sort and stand in place waiting for you to preemptively attack them. Maybe this will be addressed in a future patch. Really surprised at how far this has come since a few weeks ago.

ImRight

Can someone help me out with Max Payne 3? I'm trying to figure out the highest settings I can use and still have 60 fps.

I have:

i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz
EVGA GTX 670 FTW
8 gb RAM

I seem to keep hitting 30 or lower if I put it on max settings.

someone probably beat me to this but...

Hmm i havent played max payne but it seems like u should have better Fps than that on that rig.....

must be a demanding game......Try turning off/down things like AA or MSAA main killers usually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom