• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually get another friend to play with me in a game full of random people. Getting a game full of friends isn't very practical.

Yeah, it can be a pain in the ass especially if it's an impulse. I really should fill out my friend lists across the board so I can have a wider pool to play with. Like you said, 90% of the time I play with at least one friend but a group is always more fun.

Was terraria already discounted? I'm waiting for it so badly because I love the artstyle and the gameplay seems to be really really well done. So what does gaf think? Will it hit 75% this summer sale or do I have to wait for the winter sale?

scnr

Tomodachi

Walking dead vs Spatz vs Killing Floor

EDIT: voted walking dead :/ I might decide to bite after all, even though I voluntarily skipped the other times it has been on sale.

steadfast

Was terraria already discounted? I'm waiting for it so badly because I love the artstyle and the gameplay seems to be really really well done. So what does gaf think? Will it hit 75% this summer sale or do I have to wait for the winter sale?

scnr

Several times. It will be back again for sure; it's digital herpes.

scnr
It was a flash deal yesterday.
Oh sweet, Dead Island won.

Cheddahz

Banned

scnr

It's already been on sale for $2.49, but I'm sure it'll be on sale again once more before the sale ends

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

scnr

Terraria was a flash sale yesterday. Sorry to break the bad news to you.

OatmealMu

Before it's gone: does anyone have an opinion about E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy? I'm on the fence on the game but don't need much of a push to convince me. Anyone?

I had trouble getting into it. Something about the game feels lackadaisical. There was nothing to drive me on. My biggest issue, though, is the endlessly respawning enemies. And make no joke about it, the respawn rate is high. They just keep coming...

It's even sadder that you're making insulting assumptions about me based on only half a sentence since you obviously didn't finish the one where I was talking about dying once on the first level.

After almost three decades of gaming I know the difference between a game that's legit hard, a game that's bullshit hard, and a game I'm just not good at.

Wow I read his quote as a commentary on how much hand holding happens in games now and not anything negative directed at you. I agree with the translation I made of it. Shoot, I was playing an old coin-op version of Asteroids last night and was thinking about how awful I must be at the game because I was getting worked. I never felt that way back in '82, and really I haven't gotten any worse. I'm just so used to not not being able to fail in games anymore. Crazy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What should I vote for :3?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I had trouble getting into it. Something about the game feels lackadaisical. There was nothing to drive me on. My biggest issue, though, is the endlessly respawning enemies. When the baddies keep coming it really puts a damper on certain play styles.

Just in time!!! Thanks for the reply. Glad I chose to wait. Endlessly respawning enemies does not equal fun in my gaming world.

I've said soo many things about Killing Floor already, but here's a game that does coop, and the community is pretty much the opposite of L4D2. Practically everyone I meet in Killing Floor is top notch friends list worthy. I've played both for around 400 hours each.

Basically the game makes the community rather than the other way around(in FPS games) imo. L4D2 is fantastic, but something about it is flawed, and that flaw is related to the same thing that makes it so popular. /rant

therapist

Gah! the old flash sale still shows and it says : ffer ends in 3 days 17:56...lol wut

Edit : beaten ... short deals indeed...only 3 days people!!

Voted for SPAZ. Doesn't seem to tickle my fancy at all, but just want to encourage new games entering the fray as oppose to seeing shit again for the 5th, 6th, 7th time.

I bought New Vegas and used to own F3 on pc. I'm considering picking up F3 again.

Yay or nay?

Nay, unless you are a big fan of the series IMO. If you have windows 7, you may have problems with FO3 (I think the majority of fixes are forcing the game to run on two cores), so that may be an issue for you.

Make sure to check out the nexus site for mods for FNV as well.

Enco

Nay, unless you are a big fan of the series IMO. If you have windows 7, you may have problems with FO3 (I think the majority of fixes are forcing the game to run on two cores), so that may be an issue for you.

Make sure to check out the nexus site for mods for FNV as well.
Haha thanks I'll give it a miss.

Got plenty to keep me occupied anyway.

Petrie

Banned
I don't play a ton of shooters and such on PC yet, being terribad with KBM, but have enjoyed some TF2 (with controller mostly) as well as L4D2. My question is, is Tribes newbie friendly for someone like me? And if so, is it worth grabbing the pack while it is still on sale?

Reposting for the new page.

532174_10150964482461299_1556359971_n.jpg

What a deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom