• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So is this game more like Quake or UT ? It has SP so I guess it has bots?

header_292x136.jpg

could anyone comment on the game? it's 75% off right now.

Everyone on GAF says don't buy it. I kinda want it, and could be easily convinced to start a 4-pack, as long as there were three other people interested.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about picking up Waves:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/107600/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

This was the first time I've heard about this Geometry Wars-like game. I played the demo a few moments ago and, even though it only lets you play 1 mode, it was enough for me to consider a purchase.

Big fan of high score games.
This, this so much. I did the exact same thing last night, and am actually considering getting a 360 gamepad to enjoy it even more.

So is this game more like Quake or UT ? It has SP so I guess it has bots?

header_292x136.jpg

could anyone comment on the game? it's 75% off right now.

I bought it earlier and have been playing it, I like it for sure at this price, it's more like UT than quake. It's great looking, has good options, and is a CryEngine 3 game so it's fun tech.

Buy it all day imo.

This is true. They keep the focus outside of town and it makes for the amazing pace this game has. For the price, this game has incredible value - I'd like to see Falcom make a more lengthy and bigger scale game, though. Maybe include Co-op as well.

Quoting myself, CRAP I didn't even know about the upcoming upcoming PS Vita Ys title, it seems to have party members...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZK2vJU_e7U

Looks amazing. Do want (Sorry kinda off-topic).

My only problem with Ys Oath is the same problem I have with every Ys game. I really, REALLY want them to flesh out their worlds more. Have other stuff to do, more towns, more sidequests, maybe some mini-games. Anything. But instead it's just one really lame town and a bunch of fantastic dungeons. Which is fine, but when most of the games are less than 10 hours long, it gets annoying.

This might be it for you. also Screens look amazing

MRORANGE

Everyone on GAF says don't buy it. I kinda want it, and could be easily convinced to start a 4-pack, as long as there were three other people interested.

No one in this thread recommend it. Avoid.

any reason why? I thought UT3 was good...if that makes a difference.

I bought it earlier and have been playing it, I like it for sure at this price, it's more like UT than quake. It's great looking, has good options, and is a CryEngine 3 game so it's fun tech.

Buy it all day imo.

hmm, everyone seems undecided on this one.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Steam Sale going on where Yoshichan finds the joy of buying multiple games at extreme discounts.

Then plays IWBTG: Gaiden.
I fucking rage-quit... trying for a 0 death run T_T

j-wood

I used to have New Vegas for my ps3, but sold it before beating it.

Thinking of picking the ultimate bundle up for PC...what are the top mods I should install right away?

Dingotech

is Dead Island so terrible ? Can you elaborate on that ?

It isn't terrible, it's a really fun game.

Sure it has some jank, and after 20 hours or so starts to become a bit repetitive, but I really enjoyed it.

It's not often I play a game on my Steam account all the way through to completion!

RoadDogg

Hooray, BG&E finally got the deal it should have gotten from the community vote! My first game purchase of the sale! Now they just need to put Far Cry 2 up and JC2 up again when I am awake and I should be all set.

Speevy

Banned
As in cost/hour of play?

NV: Ultimate or Total War Pack

Okay, Fall Out New Vegas Ultimate Pack it is.

Free copy of Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Pack for the best answer to this question.

Genres have been born during every era of gaming history. Sometimes it takes the ingenuity of ideas from another medium to create a new genre. Sometimes old ideas are married together to create something new.

The last 5 years or so has seen no shortage of companies that were willing to try new things. Sometimes adding a leveling system to a shooter is all it takes. In other cases, the gaming landscape expands to include variants you could never have imagined.

That's your task.

Pick two games and put their best attributes together, forming something new. Give me a well considered, thoughtful paragraph about your game, answering the following five questions in detail.

1) What are the games you're putting together?
2) What gameplay/visual conventions are going to be blended together and why?
3) Which game's universe does this new hybrid inhabit? Would you create an entirely new universe for it?
4) Tell me as much about your game as you can.
5) Who would want to play your game? Is it a niche title that will only appeal to the most adamant of core gamers? Is it a casual title that someone can enjoy on a mobile device? Somewhere in between?

Derrick01

Banned
is Dead Island so terrible ? Can you elaborate on that ?

Do you like to do nothing but fetch quests for ~20 hours? Slashing zombies is pretty fun but only for a few hours, then you realize you're doing the same shit for hours on end with little change (a couple of other left 4 dead zombie types appear sporadically). The loot is pretty random too and not very different from each other like many loot games suffer from.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm downloading the demo for The Last Remnant right now, it better be worth my time (I played the 360 version and thought it was crap)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Who here's interested in the "Fuck GAF's Opinion on Nexuiz" 4-pack?

It's $1.87 per person. The first three people who want it will get in on the deal. The game looks nice, and certainly can't be that bad to not be worth a crappy cup of coffee.

So, who's in?

Kuroyume

Banned
Still debating whether or not I should purchase S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Worth it at the current price point? I can't see it getting any lower.

It's a really great game. Haven't even tried the mods yet which make it better according to many people. Need to get back to it.

The atmosphere/audio design in that game is incredible.

bigace33

Who here's interested in the "Fuck GAF's Opinion on Nexuiz" 4-pack?

It's $1.87 per person. The first three people who want it will get in on the deal. The game looks nice, and certainly can't be that bad to not be worth a crappy cup of coffee.

So, who's in?

Man just start a L4D2 4 pack so more newbs can play campaign mode. I need to beat this game. Don't waste dollars on that other game.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sitting on 20 Steam funbux for three days now without making a single purchase has been driving me crazy.

So many games I've been on the fence about that I have passed up on.

I don't know what to buy, but if Ys Origin goes on sale again then I'll break.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I'm ready to RAAAGE
Join the community and become the few who're trying to go for a 0 death run! :3

(Me, Zozo, tripp)

whitehawk

Banned
WOW. I just read this post on the Super Meat Boy blog after I bought the game...

Update:

Due to an unfixable bug in the Mac version, we don't support 360 controllers on Mac. I do apologize for this. The bug is unfixable because I can't again risk killing everyones game with another update. The game incorrectly assumes that no more than 12 buttons will ever be on a controller. This is mainly true, however Mac controller drivers map the JoyHAT as 4 different buttons it seems, which makes it so you can't map B X and Y properly. This also messes up the start and select buttons. It was a mistake on my part. The bug could be fixed, however there is a significant risk that fixing it will break other things to the point where its unplayable with the keyboard which we would then have to go in and fix and start a whole new cycle of updating the game / breaking something in an update, rinse, repeat. I am sorry about this, do know that it is fixed in our new engine for game 2. Also, non Xbox 360 controllers appear to work fine. Joy2Key esque programs may remedy this issue, but it has not been tested by me. Again, we are sorry about this.
Bullshit. I guess I'll have to wait until I bootcamp my iMac to play this. But with them pushing you to use the 360 controller so much when you boot the game, how could they let a bug like this slide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom