• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
Of today's dailies/flash sales, which is the best deal?

I'm not asking for myself. I have all the games from this day that I want. I'm asking what people are wanting the most from what's up there right now (even including yesterday's).

CTE

What sort of speeds are you getting? I've been pulling a good 1.5 mb/s compared to my usualy 3 mb/s from steam.

I'm getting about 1.5, too. I also get 3 normally. The thing is, if I d/l 2 games at once I get 1.5 each. They're probably limiting each game to 1.5 max. Maybe IDK.

vgmzD.png

So what's the consensus on this version? It's not the HD one, right?

I voted for The Walking Dead, just so all of ya know

And I'm playing Ys: The Oath in Felghana right now and I'm loving it so far

My only problem with Ys Oath is the same problem I have with every Ys game. I really, REALLY want them to flesh out their worlds more. Have other stuff to do, more towns, more sidequests, maybe some mini-games. Anything. But instead it's just one really lame town and a bunch of fantastic dungeons. Which is fine, but when most of the games are less than 10 hours long, it gets annoying.

Eyothrie

Has The Last Remnant ever gone below $17.99? Ys: Oath got me in the mood to play another JRPG such as this one, but I don't want to bite at that price

steadfast

Of today's dailies/flash sales, which is the best deal?

I'm not asking for myself. I have all the games from this day that I want. I'm asking what people are wanting the most from what's up there right now (even including yesterday's).

As in cost/hour of play?

NV: Ultimate or Total War Pack

Has The Last Remnant ever gone below $17.99? Ys: Oath got me in the mood to play another JRPG such as this one, but I don't want to bite at that price

$9 right now at GMG http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/last-remnant/

Redeems on Steam

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
vgmzD.png

How could a PC game not be HD? As long as it supports something higher than 640x480 (it does), it's HD.

Unless you're talking about some texture pack, or something. Then I don't know.

vgmzD.png

Nope.

Played it and beat it sometime ago. Nothing game-breaking in my opinion although the camera can be aggravating from time to time. Dunno how it would compare to the console versions or HD ones since the PC version is all I've played.

Kimaka

Yes, The Walking Dead and Beyond Good and Evil. Day redeemed.

Just curious, was the Walking Dead -40%? Or was it cheaper?

Koroviev

My sister decided she wants New Vegas and Recettear. Question about the NV DLC though: can you access all of it after you've finished the main game?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Don't forget to add me guys :3

~ * ♥ Yoshichan ♥ * ~

Decker

Dead Island -66% 10.19$

Dead Island Collection -66% 16.98$

I like zombie games but I rarely play online, is it good in single player ? How about dlc ?

Phinor

The PC version of Beyond Good and Evil is perfectly good.. unless you want to invert y axis, in which case you are out of luck regardless of version. They managed to mess up (or rather, they didn't fix) even the new HD version. Need the full explanation? Their idea of inverting y axis is to invert both y and x axis at the same time. So you either have both axes inverted, or not inverted. I've no idea how they managed to pass Xbox certification. Well I do actually have an idea, that cert is useless.

But if you belong to the majority (I don't) who plays without invert, it's still the best version out there.

Okay, so where the heck do I activate my Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition crap? I got taken to the BioWare page but had to make an account, and now I can't find the page I was taken to after set-up.

Cheddahz

Banned
My only problem with Ys Oath is the same problem I have with every Ys game. I really, REALLY want them to flesh out their worlds more. Have other stuff to do, more towns, more sidequests, maybe some mini-games. Anything. But instead it's just one really lame town and a bunch of fantastic dungeons. Which is fine, but when most of the games are less than 10 hours long, it gets annoying.

Don't get me wrong, I like for my RPGs to be long and have a huge world, but when I pay five bucks for a JRPG that has a simple battle system, doesn't have a huge world, and is short compared to other JRPGs, I'm fine with it. I don't have that much time to put myself into a lengthy JRPG now anyways

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Playing Dear Esther for the first time. I have the FOV set to default (max), but it seems really wide and distorted. Is this intentional?

It runs great...it doesn't support a gamepad though. Stop spouting bullshit :p
Well, there's mentions of no widescreen support, forced letter-boxing, bad compatibility on W7 (especially 64-bit), the game running too fast, etc. (and now no gamepad support) on the Steam forums, so what am I to believe?

Don't get me wrong, I like for my RPGs to be long and have a huge world, but when I pay five bucks for a JRPG that has a simple battle system, doesn't have a huge world, and is short compared to other JRPGs, I'm fine with it. I don't have that much time to put myself into a lengthy JRPG now anyways

This is true. They keep the focus outside of town and it makes for the amazing pace this game has. For the price, this game has incredible value - I'd like to see Falcom make a more lengthy and bigger scale game, though. Maybe include Co-op as well.

Volcynika

Well that's why I love the Ys games, simple and to the point. Doesn't need the extra fluff!

MRORANGE

So is this game more like Quake or UT ? It has SP so I guess it has bots?

header_292x136.jpg

could anyone comment on the game? it's 75% off right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom