• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentendo

Mistakes happen. You can tailor your opponent AI to something that presents a reasonable challenge for whatever your skill level is...rest assured they'll make plenty of mistakes themselves.

You can customize the length of the games, too. The smallest, sparsest maps can be completed in a couple of hours, while the largest can provide weeks of play time. It's all up to you.

For a newcomer would you recommend the smaller maps so that I can grow accustomed to it? That sounds rather appealing anyway. From the sounds of it this game seems unlike anything I've ever played before, which is kind of what I'm aiming for in a game (I've found myself getting bored of just playing the same old stuff constantly).

I own X3 Terran Conflict and Civ 5. Love Civ V, have not played X3. Should I get GalCivII or just play X3?

They're completely different games. One is a space sim (X3), one is a 4X game like Civ V (GalCiv II).

For a newcomer would you recommend the smaller maps so that I can grow accustomed to it? That sounds rather appealing anyway. From the sounds of it this game seems unlike anything I've ever played before, which is kind of what I'm aiming for in a game (I've found myself getting bored of just playing the same old stuff constantly).

Yeah, definitely start small, but give yourself a decent number of habitable planets to work with. I'd start with a tiny map with plenty of habitable planets and star systems to visit, and just make the AI really stupid so you can figure out how the game works.

Thanks, GreenmanGaming!

QKBec.jpg

Bentendo

They're completely different games. One is a space sim (X3), one is a 4X game like Civ V (GalCiv II).

Yeah, definitely start small, but give yourself a decent number of habitable planets to work with. I'd start with a tiny map with plenty of habitable planets and star systems to visit, and just make the AI really stupid so you can figure out how the game works.

Okay thanks man! I think I've friended you on Steam (you gave me Defense Grid last year!) so you may see me playing it in a bit!

Salsa

oh shit I thought Gal Civ 2 was $2.5 instad of $5 all this time D:

as ridiculous as it may sound I think I have to pass on it for now

So I already have Beyond Good and Evil on PS2 (bought it for cheap last year), but I know the jaggies in my screen are going to make my eyes bleed (havent played anything of it yet).
So do you reccomend to buy the PC version? Does it run well? any problem apart from the axis one? Can I use a controller?

vazel

Banned
So I already have Beyond Good and Evil in PS2 (bought it for cheap last year), but I know the jaggies in my screen are going to make my eyes bleed.
So do you reccomend to buy the PC version? Does it run well? any problem apart from the axis one? Can I use a controller?
No widescreen or controller support. Get the HD port on PSN/XBLA.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Strange. At least on normal I thought the difficulty was really low. Especially in the first few levels.

Exactly my point. It doesn't feel like I should be dying this much in Hard Reset but I am.

Just cleared another level; got the shotgun this time, that helps a LOT. Should have gone with that a while ago instead of going straight to both grenade upgrades.

Salsa

I think GMG gives a percentage of the traded in key back to the publisher/developer.

Im aware, but it's a system that works because of the low userbase, the fact that there's barely a community surrounding it, a client, etc

Steam is way too big. Part of the reason steam sales work is because of doing stuff like putting 4 games you already own in a pack where you only want 1.

Trading in would obviously be good for the user but bad for the whole system. Prices change way too much, people would be able to exploit region pricing, huge etc

BoneyardBrew

Neo Member
So congratulations to The_Monk for being the first winner.

The second winner was a toss-up between the two strategy/simulation responses, but I liked Liquidmetal14's the best.

So congrats to The_Monk and Liquidmetal14
Thanks for the opportunity and congratulations to The_Monk and Liquidmetal14!

Peff

So I already have Beyond Good and Evil on PS2 (bought it for cheap last year), but I know the jaggies in my screen are going to make my eyes bleed.

Jaggies are not a problem when compared to the shit framerate. The PC port has issues of its own (spotty controller support, bad camera movement when it's fixed...) and it won't let you set the game in widescreen but it's better than the PS2 version, especially for that price. If you have a PS3 or a 360, the HD port is better, but more expensive.

Giard

The 20% off codes I got from Green Man Gaming don't work on other people's accounts. :(
How come yours does? Or maybe my codes are just invalid?

Thanks, GreenmanGaming!

QKBec.jpg

I wanted to play Last Remnant this weekend, got it for $7.20 like you did. At first, it didnt like my billing info (although every website for the past decade has been fine with it). So then, I used paypal, and while its my fault, I didn't see that the emails had to match. I was going to switch them until I saw that from Paypal's end, I paid for it. On GMG's end, I haven't. So now I have an email into them, which they say may take 3-4 days to respond to.

Im about THIS close to paying $17.99 on steam for it out of frustration. Anytime I go outside Amazon or Steam to buy something, it reminds me of why I love Amazon and Steam so much.

Salsa

LOL how many gifts have you gotten this sale from the 'nope can't afford' posts. :p

Good on you, you do great work in the Steam threads and the creation of this sale thread. :D

2 3 (forgot Beyond G&E from MrOrange earlier today) :)

gaffers are a kind bunch. Managed to gift back 2 games as well so far

edit: oh and thanks!

thanks for the headsup tho, much appreciated

The 20% off codes I got from Green Man Gaming don't work on other people's accounts. :(
How come yours does? Or maybe my codes are just invalid?

Good news, everyone.

It seems there is a universal voucher they gave out. It doesn't stack with any other coupons.

20% off COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1

I assume it is 1 time code per account. Expires at the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom