• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galactic Civilizations II was not part of my Steam purchase plan. But reading how Stardock does not treat their customers as potential pirates, I just have to get the game.

Plus, you know, ship customizations.

The ship customization is to sleep as a black hole is to light

Careful with that thing...

Bulzeeb

how good is the PC version of Beyond Good and Evil? and does it have any crappy DRM or something like that? I am thinking on buying the game but I better make sure I won't regret it

The_Monk

I use:

Want to Play
Maybe one day
Unlikely to Play

Played
No good
Junk (mac and stuff)

Then just work my way down (in theory)

1) I have Backlog (games I need to play), Eventually (games I picked up in packs that don't seem terrible), Indie Crap (crap games, always minimized), Favorites (Favorite games for easy access) and then the games that don't fit in any of those stay in the main games category.

2) Remove all items from a category and it will go away.

Thanks a lot for answering. It was easier than I was thinking. :)

how good is the PC version of Beyond Good and Evil? and does it have any crappy DRM or something like that? I am thinking on buying the game but I better make sure I won't regret it
I don't recall it having nasty DRM. The worst I could say about it is the lack of controller support, but that's about it. And I guess the insulting camera, but I don't think that's a PC exclusive feature.

Ultimadrago

Steam gives some warning about Fallout 3 and Win 7, is that something that can be alleviated?

When it first went on sale this summer, a number of people said that they were currently playing it just fine, mods and all with Win 7 64-bit. Just make sure to patch out the GWFL if you don't want it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
btw: have the idea to make a separate thread on the last day highlighting the games with regular discounts that didnt get featured and are worth it. Pretty sure I did the same thing last year (cant even remember jeez)

so yeah, wallets beware. I might just recharge my CC right before the last day, ridiculous.

I think last year you did an indie last day highlight. To be honest, even if you drop the "indie" descriptor, 90% of what's being highlighted is going to be indie anyway just by the numbers game.

gdt

Also guys, Beat Hazard Complete is like $3.80 as a "hidden sale". Don't have it, but GAF wouldn't shut up about it the last few sales. Remember to pick that up on the last day/if it gets a daily/flash.

Razek

Banned
Decided I'd dig into the new games and play something 'happy' tonight so I started up plants vs. zombies and immediately started to feel regret. I had the ps3 version but the lag in endless was horribly annoying, so I double dipped. The game doesn't have any resolution or scaling options and it looks pretty bad at 1080p. Luckily I discovered windowed mode so it's not so bad.

I still prefer using the gamepad controls but the mouse works well enough I suppose.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Next flash sale needs to be Transformers: War for Cybertron. I can't bear the tension anymore!!

I always miss Transformers because it's not available on the Aussie Store for some asinine reason. "Out of sight, out of mind" and all that.

Bentendo

Also guys, Beat Hazard Complete is like $3.80 as a "hidden sale". Don't have it, but GAF wouldn't shut up about it the last few sales. Remember to pick that up on the last day/if it gets a daily/flash.

Huh, apparently I already own that. When the Hell did I buy that? :/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is there anything worth buying that's around $1? I have a bit left on a prepaid card that I'd like to spend.

Fortix 2 - normally around 2.49
Windosill - 30 minute point and click puzzle game. Very cute and sweet, the kind of thing that used to be a browser flash game. 1.01
Toki Tori - Essential level based puzzle game. Hard to say what to compare it to. It was originally on GBC and has been updated a few times. Great game, cute aesthetic, tons of levels. 1.24
Broken Sword Director's Cut - One of the best early-90s adventure games ever made. 1.24
Puzzler World - You know those puzzle books your grandmother buys in the store? Imagine the content of like 800 of those in a game with a really cheesy presentation. 1.24
Roogoo - Fun, manic twitch reflex puzzle/arcade game, cute presentation.
Bad Rats - Easily in my top ten games of all time. Unbelievable plot, amazing characters, the multiplayer is amazing. A steal at only 1.49

One of these suggestions is trolling. But which?

marrec

Banned
Fortix 2 - normally around 2.49
Windosill - 30 minute point and click puzzle game. Very cute and sweet, the kind of thing that used to be a browser flash game. 1.01
Toki Tori - Essential level based puzzle game. Hard to say what to compare it to. It was originally on GBC and has been updated a few times. Great game, cute aesthetic, tons of levels. 1.24
Broken Sword Director's Cut - One of the best early-90s adventure games ever made. 1.24
Puzzler World - You know those puzzle books your grandmother buys in the store? Imagine the content of like 800 of those in a game with a really cheesy presentation. 1.24
Bad Rats - Easily in my top ten games of all time. Unbelievable plot, amazing characters, the multiplayer is amazing. A steal at only 1.49

This list is pretty much the be all end all. Every game is good.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm interested in starting a 4-pack for Nexuiz.

Here's who I have for the Nexuiz 4-pack:

• Dacvak
  • elektrixx
  • Ciastek3214
  • jokingbird

I've sent you all confirmation PMs. I'm going to buy the pack now. (Sorry it took so long - company came over.)

ShaneB

I'm having a fun time with NFS:HP, but man, I do miss the open world of Burnout Paradise. Any other arcadey open world racers on Steam I should've been eyeing during this sale?

TGMIII

What's the itemization like in Krater. Diablo/torchlight etc levels of random item stats or is most of it predetermined? Also is the Dr. Cerebro Pack worth getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom