• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

I sent out a few Bad Rats to my friends a couple of days ago to stain their libraries and make it seem like they bought the game on the storefront, but none took the bait yet. :(

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
FU guys. I wasn't planning on Gal Civ. Never even showed any interest in it. Might never play it because I'm scared of strat games as they are TOO addictive with a family and life and shit.

But noooooooooo, you had to put the pipe back in my hands even though you know I'm reformed. I haven't hit the button yet and don't even know if I'd like the game but I'm still tempted.

Jerks. I am running out of budget. Like, scary low.

Bentendo

They could really end this sale with a bang by including ARMA, Lego and Kingdoms of Amalaur. I know the latter is the least likely thing to happen but it would make me so happy. :(

graywolf323

I sent out a few Bad Rats to my friends a couple of days ago to stain their libraries and make it seem like they bought the game on the storefront, but none took the bait yet. :(

if anyone sent me that as a gift I'd stash it in my inventory and then give it away on Steamgifts or something...

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Metro 2033
The Witcher 2
Alan Wake American Nightmare
From Dust

Damage so far... I think I've got everything I wanted though.

FU guys. I wasn't planning on Gal Civ. Never even showed any interest in it. Might never play it because I'm scared of strat games as they are TOO addictive with a family and life and shit.

But noooooooooo, you had to put the pipe back in my hands even though you know I'm reformed. I haven't hit the button yet and don't even know if I'd like the game but I'm still tempted.

Jerks. I am running out of budget. Like, scary low.

Come on man.. just hit the button.. you know you want to... do it.

McNum

I just bought Galactic Civilizations II for the third time... Just to have it on Steam.

There's something deeply wrong about that, but I did it anyway. I'll pay for €3.74 worth of the convenience of having the one game I bought on impulse to be on Steam, too. Now i don't need Impulse anymore.

So far, it's this and Skyrim. Roughly €33.75 damage so far.

biocat

Is anyone else having trouble running GalCivII? I can run all the previous expansions directly from the directory, but Twilight of the Arnor loads up to a frozen black window.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Damn, Beyond Good and Evil. Should I pull the trigger, GAF?

I only passed because I had it on 360...but I had it in my cart for a bit. I didn't like that it doesn't have widescreen support. I don't care about a controller, but that would have been nice too i guess.

But it's a great game if you have never played it.

Shaneus

Awesome! I've been waiting for GalCiv II to drop to five bucks since it first hit Steam. Now I can say goodbye to Impulse forever.

This is a ridiculous value, so if you're on the fence you really just need to buy this game.
Yeah, I still need to wait for Sins to go on sale, I still have it on Impulse/Gamestop :(

Edit: Fuck, Trinity is only $5?!? Damn. Bought. Must be on the same sale as GC2. Actually, I think it was maybe an unadvertised daily deal yesterday? Rebellion was only 25% but Trinity is 75%. Odd.
Still, not knocking it back.

Thanks to MrTeachwell for getting my GMG priced Last Remnant! Awesome folk here on the GAF internet.

Just came on here to put a thanks to TheApatheticOne for helping me and a friend get a good deal on Fallout NV. Love the community spirit here, I wonder why more spaces can't share it (I had a look at the official steam chat channel and it was being repeatedly flooded by people spamming whatever they could type before getting kicked).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This, I have it in my cart, ready to go, but still hesitant haha

How do you redeem codes on Steam, anyone?

hoTYN.jpg

Edit: In the words of Randy Marsh, "Damn you, internet!"

Sajjaja

Would anyone be so kind as to trade me Gal Civ 2 for Torchlight and/or Nuclear Dawn? Please? I've been on a Civilization 4 binge all yesterday and this excites me, and since I'm strapped on cash, this is all I got to offer.

No problemo O>

SALUTE MAN, I LOVE YOU.
I would like to thank Conceptor for gifting me it for free. I love him and he's my best friend. I like him a lot. I WANNA LOVE YOU, GIRL YOU ALREADY KNOW.

KuroNeeko

How does Gal Civ 2 compare to Sins of a Solar Empire? I have the latter with the first two x-pacs and since it came it out later, is there any good reason to go back and buy GC2?

Bentendo

Alright, I'm going to wait for the next sale and then I'll probably head out to the theater for the Batman midnight launch.

Really, REALLY hoping it's something in my wishlist.

Please please please I need help to decide about these games:

I'm thinking about getting Prototype 2 Preorder (I want it because they offer Prototype 1 (which I don't have) and the RADNET DLC) the problem is that the game isn't have been featured there's no official requirements, I don't know if it will be fulled with bugs... also I want to buy Blades of Time Limited Edition and Ys The Oath in Felghana, but I can't decide if I buy P2 or Blades of Time and Ys, please what do you think? I need help!

How does Gal Civ 2 compare to Sins of a Solar Empire? I have the latter with the first two x-pacs and since it came it out later, is there any good reason to go back and buy GC2?

They are very different. Gal Civ II has more in common with Civ than with Sins. It's definitely still worth playing...it's quite a bit more complex in many ways than Sins, so if that's your thing you're gonna love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom