• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babalu.

how many days are left for this sale? And did I miss civilization V or something? After galactic civilizations 2, thats all i'm really waiting for.

Grizza

I want to get The Witcher, but I feel like it's not going to run well on my Core i3 2100 and Radeon HD 5670 1GB at 1440x900.

EDIT: And if not, I could get one of the Fallout games, even though I own both of them on the 360 already, it'll be nice to play it with some mods.

Or Alan Wake's American Nightmare, but I heard that it was poorly optimized.

The Witcher runs like crap at times even on a lot of high end rigs, but it's still a blast. It only runs off of a single core, so it shouldn't be a disaster for you. For $2.50, it's worth the risk.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Ooo, Red Faction Armageddon. Not a bad game for $5. I had fun playing it OnLive about a year ago.

Yeah, worth $5 if you're into that sort of thing.

YES! The deal I've been wanting the most (besides The Last Remnant). Once I get The Last Remnant (from either Steam or Green Man), I am officially done with Steam sale.

Caerith

You can. And I sometimes do. Also disable the terrible ascension victory that came from the last expansion. Okay it's not terrible, it just turns the game into this goofy koth that feels so strange.
Yeah, that too. Shame there aren't Steam achievements for this game, but meh. Does the Steam release add anything from the old Ultimate Edition? Or is it exactly the same game?

Retne

So, BG&E not worth getting on account of it being a terrible port, right? But it's just so damn cheap! Damn.

You can fix it up so that you don't really have any issues. As long as you don't mind having to use xpadder to play on a controller. I don't think there is a widescreen patch though so you'll have to set your video card drivers to not stretch 4:3 resolutions when they are fullscreened.

Yeah, that too. Shame there aren't Steam achievements for this game, but meh. Does the Steam release add anything from the old Ultimate Edition? Or is it exactly the same game?

Nope. It's the same game.

And there are steam achievements. But they don't work apparently. You can find them in the steam backend or something (or here: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/ scroll down), but I guess stardock never got them working.

Maybe in the future? Probably not though :(

Eternia

And today should be my last purchase of the summer. Don't think I can fit in GalCiv2 since I already bought Endless Space a while back and have Sword of the Stars 1+2 from the Amazon pack.

Final tally for the summer as a whole:
Paradox Plentiful (Amazon) - $12.49
Paradox Pint-sized (Amazon) - $7.49
Defense Grid: You Monster DLC - $1.24
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes - $3.74
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes I am Boss DLC - $0.74
Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb - $0.74
Alan Wake Franchise - $9.99
Ys Origin - $7.99
The Witcher 2 - $15.99
Dungeon Defenders DLC - $6.45
Fortune Summoners - $4.99
Ys The Oath of Felghana - $5.09

Total: $76.94

NO MORE. I'll just vote for the remaining days...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I've decided to call it quits and actually be someone who plays the games he bought. Original idea, but I want to complete 12 games before the Christmas sale

Im feeling generous due to getting helped out with Last Remnant.

First person to quote this with their Steam ID will get me as a new Steam friend w/ a mystery benefit! *wink-wink* So its a win-win! : )

Soi-Fong

And today should be my last purchase of the summer. Don't think I can fit in GalCiv2 since I already bought Endless Space a while back and have Sword of the Stars 1+2 from the Amazon pack.

Final tally for the summer as a whole:
Paradox Plentiful (Amazon) - $12.49
Paradox Pint-sized (Amazon) - $7.49
Defense Grid: You Monster DLC - $1.24
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes - $3.74
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes I am Boss DLC - $0.74
Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb - $0.74
Alan Wake Franchise - $9.99
Ys Origin - $7.99
The Witcher 2 - $15.99
Dungeon Defenders DLC - $6.45
Fortune Summoners - $4.99
Ys The Oath of Felghana - $5.09

Total: $76.94

NO MORE. I'll just vote for the remaining days...

Oh don't worry, you'll come back. They all do... Muahahahahaha!!

Im feeling generous due to getting helped out with Last Remnant.

First person to quote this with their Steam ID will get me as a new Steam friend w/ a mystery benefit! *wink-wink* So its a win-win! : )

Soi-fong

Truespeed

So I went ahead and bought this, I hope I wont regret it (due to all the technical issues)

BGE-cover.jpg

Good luck exiting the game.

I'm glad you're doing it honestly. Makes for fun.

;) that's the idea and...
If someone gets this, I will have another one with twice the value!! (but the person who won this cannot participate again)

I honestly am doing this becasue I pretty much bought all I needed and I have extra few bucks in my Wallet that I don't know what to get, it'll probably stay there until the next Steam sale, might as well play some riddles!

Good luck exiting the game.

If that's the only issue, and I can actually save my game before exiting, I am ok with it, worst comes to worst I Ctrl+Alt+Delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom