• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Not too awful this year...

7607403090_ed7187faf5_o.png

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone's "hidden gems" are for tomorrow on the last day of the sale.

I'm currently at 271 Steam games. I might just hit 300 by the end of the year!

Problem with this small selection of pickups during this Summer Sale, though, is the fact that I have about 12 console games, sealed, sitting on my shelf that I've bought in the last ~2 weeks. :-/

Questions about GalCiv 2 before adding it to my massive rts/tbs/td backlog on steam:

1. Does it have a window mode, that doesn't require another program to create
2. If yes, is the window gonna be the size of a dvd on my TV or can be be enlarged?

1. Yes.
2. It has many resolution options if that's what you're asking. The last expansion came out like 3 or 4 years ago. It's not THAT old lol.

So. The Spear-Danes in days gone by and the kings who ruled them had  courage and greatness.

That's all I see. Nightmares from translating Beowulf in a History of English course.

gdt

Why don't more pc games have profile save support? Sometimes my brother wants to play something but can't because I am. Or even multiple save slots at the very least. Any way I can manually get around that by copying saves over?

haikira

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone's "hidden gems" are for tomorrow on the last day of the sale.

Problem with this small selection of pickups during this Summer Sale, though, is the fact that I have about 12 console games, sealed, sitting on my shelf that I've bought in the last ~2 weeks. :-/

You bought Alan Wake. It couldn't possibly be an awful year.

I fucking love that game =D

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Alan Wake worth $10?

I've been waiting for a really good sale on it for a while. I skipped the Xbox version, as I knew there'd be a PC release. I waited for $30 to drop to $20. Then waited again when it hit $17. $10/no tax for the complete collection seemed like a darn good deal.

Gotta remember, people spent $60 on just the base game on 360 just a couple years ago.

Tess3ract

Banned
Why don't more pc games have profile save support? Sometimes my brother wants to play something but can't because I am. Or even multiple save slots at the very least. Any way I can manually get around that by copying saves over?
Because Consoles. it's always because consoles.

RC

Banned
I know when I get home I'm probably going to buy Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity. Only to realize its far too complex to comprehend after 5 minutes and never touch it again. My steam library only consists of game's I never play.

Smash88

Banned

Saturday is the last set of new daily deals.

hitmon

Oh man, New Vegas is on sale again! Anybody who didn't like Fallout 3, like New Vegas? If so, what about NV made it better than Fallout 3?

Carm

1. Yes.
2. It has many resolution options if that's what you're asking. The last expansion came out like 3 or 4 years ago. It's not THAT old lol.

Alright, purchased, I should be able to play it in a year or two at my current rate of clearing backlog lol. Could have waited to buy it but really, what's five bucks, if it goes cheaper it's not really a big deal.

So. The Spear-Danes in days gone by and the kings who ruled them had  courage and greatness.

That's all I see. Nightmares from translating Beowulf in a History of English course.

God is it a dead language : /. I've been looking at the wrong resource this whole time. I'm done. Eagerly look forward to the answer and most of all people's process.

gdt

What game?

Okay, for example. Off the top of my head.

Driver SF (needed separate key to long into another uplay account, ingame has only one save)

MW3

And a bunch others where we've ran into that problem. Really annoying, and it'll be more annoying with, say, Sleeping Dogs coming up if that doesn't support multiple save/profiles.

RC

Banned
Oh man, New Vegas is on sale again! Anybody who didn't like Fallout 3, like New Vegas? If so, what about NV made it better than Fallout 3?

Been wondering that myself. I gave up on Fallout 3 with one story mission left. The story just wasn't compelling enough to continue. And I was starting to get sick of the look of the game. Everything started looking the same to me.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
FIGURED IT OUT!

gdt

Picked up Sins: Trinity. Fuck it, looks awesome, I'll look at it every once in a while, and I'll be satisfied. If I actually get to play it, even better.

kitzkozan

Galactic Civ II was in my wishlist and now it's bought. :) Phew, I'm about done with this summer sale, unless I decide to buy Half Life anthology+Orange box (and get rid of my 360 copy) with a 75% off deal.

gdt

I think Valve works out contracts or whatever with all these publishers. So if something comes up in a community vote (and loses) they probably have to use it/want to put it on sale, seeing as they had to go to a publisher for permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom