• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

This tells me I should play it soon... but of course, that is against the rules.

Sweet avatar, bro.

I can't believe I'm passing on some of these deals, but I am. I've had GalCiv II in my wishlist for over a year, but even when it's $5, I can't pull the trigger. It's just so...daunting. I think Sins is as deep as I go when it comes to 4X-type stuff, and Sins isn't even that deep.

KuroNeeko

Even came across this little jewel...

Իմ սաւառնակս օձաձկներով լեցուն է:

evilhomer

What should I buy, fallout 3 or fallout:new vegas? I'm new to the series and I only really want one for now.

I prefer a good story to gameplay sometimes.

In that case you can kind of just choose based on what setting you like more. I think New Vegas has the better dialogue and story, but I also like the setting more so I may be biased.

Tess3ract

Banned
NEW VEGAS

ibsWa5noUl02X7.jpg

ibcC8oAikkVXVU.jpg

Vilifier

Neo Member
Damage so far, spent about $24 on the steam sale and $20 @ Amazon

Steam
Galactic Civilizations II $4.99
Stalker SOC $3.74
Dungeon Siege Collection $7.49
Tropico Gold 3 $3.74
In Dust $3.74

Amazon
Paradox plentiful and pint sized bundles

Nearly grabbed railworks 3 out of curiousity, but I figured I won't have much time for it, and will grab it during the winter sale.

Only thing I missed out on was the latest DLC for Defense Grid, which had a daily before the summer sale. Still a slight chance it might go on sale.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
5 minutes in and Krater certainly doesn't leave the best impression. I think the camera angle in particular is just not for me.

Crayons

Banned
I thought that riddle thing was cool, so I'm doing my own. Winner gets $5 game of their choice.

Don't share any hints in the thread. This should be easy, I hope.

Untitled-4.png

Any opinions on this game?

Noitu Love 2 Devolution

Also has Warp been on sale yet? Or does anyone know if it was confirmed to get a sale, on the leaked lists?

Didn't see anyone else reply yet. I loved Noitu Love 2 when I bought it years ago straight from the developer's website. I've considered rebuying it on Steam just to give him more money. It's fairly short but there's plenty to do and multiple characters. I think I ended up going through it four or five times to complete most of what the game offered. Easily worth $2.50. I believe I originally paid $10 (maybe $15?) and didn't regret it at all.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I thought that riddle thing was cool, so I'm doing my own. Winner gets $5 game of their choice.

Don't share any hints in the thread. This should be easy, I hope.

Untitled-4.png

The secret to the riddle lies within threads

No idea what the rest is about.

Katoki

Well... Always the change-over in two hours to wait for that deal worth staying up for.
Which probably won't be worth it unless you wanted to stay up for the vote.

MooMoo

Because of the whole Community and Flash deals and the fact that I'm tight on cash the rule I made was that I would only consider things that popped up multiple times. So you win today Valve, Portal 2 shall be mine.

Considering biting on Krater now, even though I'd really rather wait for it to show up on later sales. Not sure I want to take the chance that this is a game that's featured now because of how new it is rather than the next Steam sale staple like Torchlight, Trine, etc.

Bad7667

A lot of the games I wanted went on sale in the first 2 days so these last 4 days there hasn't any games I'm interested in. I'm really hoping for Warp to go on a daily/flash sale. And I would like to check out Driver: SF and the Lego games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom