• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephon

Are there many sneaky discounts like Broken Sword Triology?
I thought I was safe just looking at the front page, but now it seems that there's a lot of shit going on behind the curtains as well.

And there it is, Portal 2 teasing me with buying it.

Would you recommend it even playing solo?

Without a doubt worth the time and money even just playing solo.

is the DLC of Human Revolution worth it?

and what is this Augmented Edition crap?

I DID NOT ASK FOR THIS

Augmented edition is just the special edition. The only DLC worth your money is Missing Link. It is Human Revolution in microcosm, much like Minerva's Den is for Bioshock 2. I just played through it a couple of days ago and really liked it.

I thought that riddle thing was cool, so I'm doing my own. Winner gets $5 game of their choice.

Don't share any hints in the thread. This should be easy, I hope.

Untitled-4.png

I have boycotted GameStop, so this doesn't affect me. :D

um

Retne

And there it is, Portal 2 teasing me with buying it.

Would you recommend it even playing solo?

Definitely. The story is the best part of Portal 2. It feels a bit more closed off and railroaded than the first one but it's still got some decent puzzles and it will make you laugh.

anddo0

Max Payne is a great shooter. Sure it's a little too heavy on the cut-scenes. However, the brutal gunplay more than makes up for that.

That being said I traded my PS3 copy of MP3 for Steam credit. It turns out to be an even trade. So, MP3 PC get!

Red Faction: Armageddon is a great game for $4.99, It's no open world like its predecessor, but it still a lotta fun.

And sorry to Fallout 3 fans but Fallout: New Vegas, just has a lot more personality and more fun and "lively" than Fallout 3.

Bruiserk

How similar is New Vegas and Fallout 3? I disliked F3. The amount of glitches killed my interest. I didn't really play much because of that and framerate (but, I played on a console).

Jzero

Alright i'm pretty sure Valve is not going to put CS:Source on sale anymore. They've already recycled games like 3 times already.

Retne

How similar is New Vegas and Fallout 3? I disliked F3. The amount of glitches killed my interest. I didn't really play much because of that and framerate (but, I played on a console).

It's more of the same just a little better. It's a lot less buggy than on the consoles. It's still a Bethesda engine though so it's still got bugs.

Miker

Love the franchise. 1 is a solid game, but a bit too long. It's aged okay, but not great. I honestly don't think most people would be sit through the entire thing.

Now, 2, that's a hell of a game. Everything from the first game has been improved, and they really drove the noir aspect home in every facet of the game. The graphics hold up pretty well, too. Oh, and it's about 4-5 hours long, so you'll definitely finish it. One of my favorite games.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

It still has some bugs, but I had a far, far, far worse experience with FO3 on console than I did with New Vegas on PC. These games are simply too big with too many variables, you gotta accept that shit will happen.

YMMV, as always, but yeah.

Giard

Absolutely. Both are better games than Max Payne 3.

Love the franchise. 1 is a solid game, but a bit too long. It's aged okay, but not great. I honestly don't think most people would be sit through the entire thing.

Now, 2, that's a hell of a game. Everything from the first game has been improved, and they really drove the noir aspect home in every facet of the game. The graphics hold up pretty well, too. Oh, and it's about 4-5 hours long, so you'll definitely finish it. One of my favorite games.
Thanks guys! Bought the pack.

Crayons

Banned
My only guess so far is The World Ends With You but that's the best I've found for an answer.

We have a winner

Untitled-4.png

The secret to my riddle lies within thread 388452. In that thread, I posted. There was a hidden message in the post asking for my favorite game. Then you would go through my post history to find the list I wrote up.

wilflare

We have a winner

Untitled-4.png

The secret to my riddle lies within thread 388452. In that thread, I posted. There was a hidden message in the post asking for my favorite game. Then you would go through my post history to find the list I wrote up.

woah very nicely done :D
congrats!

I wouldn't say it is as glitchy, but yeah you are still gonna run into a few bugs here and there, especially walking up certain mountains and edges of the map etc. but I still recommend it, if you had slight interest in FO3, and put in a quite few hours, you'll like this even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom