• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a winner

Untitled-4.png

The secret to my riddle lies within thread 388452. In that thread, I posted. There was a hidden message in the post asking for my favorite game. Then you would go through my post history to find the list I wrote up.

Damn, sneaky! I always overlook the obvious!

We have a winner

Untitled-4.png

The secret to my riddle lies within thread 388452. In that thread, I posted. There was a hidden message in the post asking for my favorite game. Then you would go through my post history to find the list I wrote up.

Already said thanks in a PM to him but I'll say it out here publicly as well. Thanks! Honestly I was in it more for the riddle and less the prize. But I do like prizes!

Damage so far:

Tribes Starter Pack
Mirror's Edge (for a friend)
Hard Reset (from a friend)
Railworks 3 (from a friend repaying me for last year's RW3 gift)
The Walking Dead
Krater

I didn't go too crazy because I honestly just wanted ARMA 2 to get cheaper.

Is there any significant loss to picking up Super SF4 on Amazon for $10 instead of on Steam? What am I missing out on, functionality-wise? (All I know is you have to use GFWL either way)

Is there any significant loss to picking up Super SF4 on Amazon for $10 instead of on Steam? What am I missing out on, functionality-wise? (All I know is you have to use GFWL either way)

If you're like me and forget you have games when it's not on Steam, but still don't like adding shortcuts to other games to Steam, there's that.

Already said thanks in a PM to him but I'll say it out here publicly as well. Thanks! Honestly I was in it more for the riddle and less the prize. But I do like prizes!

Same. The thread number part was all I cared about. I didn't know enough of the blanks off the top of my head and didn't think figuring them out was an interesting puzzle, so if people didn't share that I probably wouldn't have bothered. The second row intrigued me, though. Then when it came down to searching post history I was disinterested again.

You also won the prize of not being a junior member anymore :p

Is that a post threshold? Was wondering when that'd happen. Been a junior for a year or so?

Riddles are fun. Perhaps I'll think of something soon to give out a prize as well. I'll have to think about what to do. Good times.

Shurayuki

I wouldn't say it is as glitchy, but yeah you are still gonna run into a few bugs here and there, especially walking up certain mountains and edges of the map etc. but I still recommend it, if you had slight interest in FO3, and put in a quite few hours, you'll like this even more.

I call it the "getting stuck in rocks simulator", companies really should hire me, i'm getting stuck in The Secret World all the time too, i can test that shit, i have a talent apparently :(

Giard

Is that a post threshold? Was wondering when that'd happen. Been a junior for a year or so?

Riddles are fun. Perhaps I'll think of something soon to give out a prize as well. I'll have to think about what to do. Good times.
Seems like 300 posts.

I was wondering... is it easy to transfer games from one computer to another, without having to redownload them entirely? I'm going to buy a new laptop soon, not sure if I'm going to have to download all my library again. Can I just drag and drop the game's folder on a USB key?

Crayons

Banned
Interesting show guys, enjoyed it.

woah very nicely done :D
congrats!

That was pretty cool Crayons! Thanks for the opportunity

Grats to the winner :]

Damn, sneaky! I always overlook the obvious!

Wow. That was awesome, Crayons.

Thanks for participating everyone! I tried my best to make it challenging but not too hard.

Your welcome! Don't forget to PM me the name of the game you want.

paolo11

If you're like me and forget you have games when it's not on Steam, but still don't like adding shortcuts to other games to Steam, there's that.

Same. The thread number part was all I cared about. I didn't know enough of the blanks off the top of my head and didn't think figuring them out was an interesting puzzle, so if people didn't share that I probably wouldn't have bothered. The second row intrigued me, though. Then when it came down to searching post history I was disinterested again.

Real quick, is the Super Street Fighter 4 steam redeemable/steam active?

Retne

Seems like 300 posts.

I was wondering... is it easy to transfer games from one computer to another, without having to redownload them entirely? I'm going to buy a new laptop soon, not sure if I'm going to have to download all my library again. Can I just drag and drop the game's folder on a USB key?

You can install steam then pop the games in the folder and verify cache or tell steam to download the game and it should all work itself out.

Grief.exe

Seems like 300 posts.

Its pretty easy. On your current steam install, go to the upper left and select steam, then back up and restore option. From there just select back up then transfer the result to your new computer and select restore in steam.

Wait, so I can tell Steam to link to an external game without actually registering it within Steam? Ooooh...

Do Achievements or anything show up via Steam for the game or does GFWL handle absolutely all of that friend-list and cheevos stuff?

Is Krater any good?

The Metacritic is pretty low, but I'm dying for a new RPG.

I didn't even look at the metacritic, it just looks super cool. Maybe I should actually read and/or watch something...

Wait, so I can tell Steam to link to an external game without actually registering it within Steam? Ooooh...

Do Achievements or anything show up via Steam for the game or does GFWL handle absolutely all of that friend-list and cheevos stuff?

You can add shortcuts from your Steam window to other programs by clicking "Add a game" (lower left) and selecting non-Steam game. I irrationally don't like using it, though.

Giard

You can install steam then pop the games in the folder and verify cache or tell steam to download the game and it should all work itself out.

Its pretty easy. On your current steam install, go to the upper left and select steam, then back up and restore option. From there just select back up then transfer the result to your new computer and select restore in steam.
Thanks!

Purchased:

Binding of Issac collection
Cave Story+
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Frozen Synapse complete
Just Cause 2
Left 4 Dead x2 (one each, for my Housemate and I)
Mirror's Edge
Orc's Must Die
Portal 2
Saints Row the Third
STALKER: Call of Pripyat (for my Housemate)
Terraria

Soon to be purchasing:

Alan Wake franchise
Dead Island x2 (one each, for my Housemate and I)
Krater x2 (one each, for my Housemate and I)

First Steam sale for my Housemate and I! Big thanks to everyone who has helped me with purchasing from the US store. Really appreciate the help.

Still have a Frozen Synapse I'd absolutely love to trade, if anyone's interested? I'm pushing to purchase any more titles without starting to sell off my console collection, but I'd love to add Galactic Civilization 2 or anything I'm soon to be purchasing. Still holding out for dailies and/or flash sales on Darksiders and Deus Ex franchise.

ElyrionX

Absolutely. I would definitely go with the bundle for that price. They are both very good.

Alright. Bought. It's just six bucks anyway. So far I've bought

Witcher 2
Walking Dead
Portal 1 + 2
Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity
Company of Heroes Gold

Quite a bit more than I was expecting at the start of this sale but what the heck.

Will there be a last day of sale thread? Since people only seem to look at daily/flash deals, there are some really cheap great games that most seem to miss.

HoosTrax

So yeah Dacvak was nice enough to split the first prize to two 5 dollar games each and the runner up in this case is clearly HoosTrax, so HoosTrax and Dacvak win!
PMed this to Johnny already, but I actually have more games than I have time for already, had fun just participating. So I'm happy with Dacvak keeping the other share of the prize, or my share going to a more needy Gaffer.

Sephon

Think I'm almost up to 30 games/bundles bought, I won't even be ready for next years steam summer sale.

But I see no love for Red Faction:Armageddon, I suppose it's nothing special then?

How do four packs work? I'm going to be buying two copies of Dead Island and noticed that a four pack would work out much cheaper if I go that route. Never done that before. Any takers? It works out to $7.645 each.

Darktalon

Oh god my poor wallet.

Prince of Persia Complete Pack - $15
Frozen Synapse Red DLC - $2.00
Alice Madness Returns - $5.00
Alan Wake Bundle - $10.00
Tomb Raider: Legend - $2.50
Tomb Raider: Anniversary - $2.50
Tomb Raider: Underworld - $5.00
From Dust - $3.75
Darksiders - $5.00
Trine 2 - $3.75