• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

demolitio

The shooting is better in Armageddon, but it's essentially a completely different game. It's hard to compare the two. It's closer to Rage, Lost Planet, Serious Sam or Hard Reset than RF: G. I personally enjoyed it but I like linear shooters.

I'll agree with the shooting part since it's even more important in that game. Armageddon is one of those games where people either love it or hate it and I can understand why some might like it if they don't mind linear shooters, but in comparison to Guerrilla in most categories, it just doesn't match up for me. Like you said, it's a completely different game and that's why a lot of Red Faction fans were turned off to go from an open world sandbox to a more linear game that there's no shortage.

It definitely depends on what people are expecting from it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
As much as I want to try New Vegas collection at $9.99 , I'm going to have to pass for now. When does the winter sale I hear about happen? This is my first steam sale so apologies in advance if this is widely known.

Usually starts on Christmas and runs through New Years.

Retne

As much as I want to try New Vegas collection at $9.99 , I'm going to have to pass for now. When does the winter sale I hear about happen? This is my first steam sale so apologies in advance if this is widely known.

Started December 19th last time around. They usually center it around Christmas.

Katoki

Saw this coming a mile away.

Votes distribution:
The Walking Dead - 43%
Killing Floor - 35%
Space Pirates and Zombies - 22%

So much for SPAZ

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
And the Walking Dead wins it. Oh well, I didn't really want any of them. I'm going to bed.

demolitio

Can the store be used on a mobile phone now? I'll be out of town this weekend so I hope I don't miss any deals on shit I actually want so my phone is my only option.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Just finished playing Spec Ops: The Line on 360.

If it goes on sale again it's definitely worth a pick up. Throw it on easy and enjoy the story for a few hours.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I have TFix installed with Thief Gold, and while it launches fine, it runs pretty poorly. Very choppy gameplay. Anyone have any idea why this is? I'm not sure where else to ask this.

Hakkuei

After hearing the Giant Bomb guys talk up the Walking Dead on the Bombcast has me rooting for the Walking Dead to win this poll. I skipped it before because I am not a big adventure game puzzle fan, but this sounds like a really good game.

Well there aren't really any puzzles in the game, so that's that :p

Actually I wouldn't even call it a game, it's more of an interactive story.

Alright contest number two, this one's a lot easier, no foreign, ancient language to decipher this time around, just a quick sketch I did of some games, name them all and win a $5 game courtesy of HoosTrax, who figured he has a huge Steam backlog already and it would be better if the gift went to someone more deserving.

If you can also get the "Bonus" super vague game reference along with all the others , you win an extra $2.49 valued game gift!

Please no posting the games here, PM ONLY!

Good Luck! ..You wont need it!

bRDg0.jpg

Katoki

What's the fucking point? The Walking Dead already was a part of daily deal with same exact 40% off.

People are stupid sometimes.

Or they managed to miss an entire daily AND it's overlap somehow. At least there aren't too many days left to choose from for S.P.A.Z to be a flash sale.

RC

Banned
I've been pretty good so far, only purchased three games. But the temptation is unbearable. I want to buy Galatic Civilazation II despite the fact I've owned Civilazation IV for years and have yet to even complete the tutorial. Portal 2 looks interesting but I've spent only about 10 minutes on thr first game, and it didn't exactly grab me. Then there's the Witcher: Enchanced Edition. Which sounds promising, and I would probably buy it, if I didn't purchase Dragon Age: Origins last night. I can only take so many games in that setting at once.
As you can see, I'm pretty good at talking mysel out of purchases.

SPAZ came in 3th place. It makes more sense for the Walking Dead to win than $5 every 3 months Killing Floor.

And a SPAZ deal would have only saved you two dollars, $5 is a fine price.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Or they managed to miss an entire daily AND it's overlap somehow. At least there aren't too many days left to choose from for S.P.A.Z to be a flash sale.

I did!*

*because I was out of town :X

If it helps, I honestly thought I was dooming Walking Dead by voting for it since I've lost every single vote til now.

I just played Gal Civ II for the first time, and I can already tell that I'm going to be majorly addicted to it. It doesn't hurt that it's slow-paced, so I can play it with my jammed/possibly-broken finger. If you're on the fence about GalCiv II, buy it now while there's still time!

Ah crap, for some reason there's a transaction error and I can't buy GalCiv II :(

Want me to grab you a copy?

xJavonta

Banned
Has anyone tried the steam/pc version of Red Faction: Armageddon and Red Faction Guerilla? How do they run/look? Bad console ports?

Also, has Dustforce gone on sale yet?
Nope :( I've been waiting for it to go on sale.

Looks like I'll just have to buy it at full price.

Aselith

Anyone played Navy War: Arctic Circle? It looked fairly interesting to me and 11.99 is a pretty solid price. What's the good word, brothers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom