• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do four packs work? I'm going to be buying two copies of Dead Island and noticed that a four pack would work out much cheaper if I go that route. Never done that before. Any takers? It works out to $7.645 each.

For the new page. Just need two people to jump in as my Housemate and I are taking one each.

Oh god my poor wallet.

Prince of Persia Complete Pack - $15
Frozen Synapse Red DLC - $2.00
Alice Madness Returns - $5.00
Alan Wake Bundle - $10.00
Tomb Raider: Legend - $2.50
Tomb Raider: Anniversary - $2.50
Tomb Raider: Underworld - $5.00
From Dust - $3.75
Darksiders - $5.00
Trine 2 - $3.75
Back to the Future - $6.25
Hydrophobia Prophecy - $1.25
Terraria - $2.50
The Ship - Free (Was Gifted to Me)
Batman Arkham City + DLC - $13.60
L.A. Noire Complete Edition - $7.50
Dead Space 2 - $5.00
Fallou 3 GOTY - $5.00
Fallout: New Vegas GOTY - $10.00
Metro 2033 - $5.00
Rage - $10.00
Dear Esther - $2.50
Age of Empires 3 Collection - $10.00
Indie Bundle V - $10.00
Pendulo Adventure Pack - $15.00
Crysis 2 - $12.00
GTA IV Complete - $7.50
Double Fine Bundle - $7.50
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $5.00
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition - $7.50
Tribes: Ascend - $5.00
Witcher 2 - $16.00
Red Faction Armageddon - $6.75

TOTAL DAMAGE TO WALLET = $225.25

If it makes you feel any better, I bought like a third of that list at full price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Witcher 1 worth it if we have Witcher 2 (and enjoying it)?

I prefer The Witcher to the sequel. It's a significantly bigger game (some may say it has too much fat, but I loved every minute of it), plus collecting the sex cards was a game in itself (bring them back, CDPR).

For those who want to destroy the remaining parts of their wallets, follow these easy steps:

1. Click on the search button on Steams front store page, so you get everything in the store in one list.

2. Filter items on games only, so you get rid of all the DLC.

3. Sort the list based on price.

4. Follow the list until you reach the first one that costs more than £4/4€ or something like that.

5. Cry a bit and start making a backlog list.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
For those who want to destroy the remaining parts of their wallets, follow these easy steps:

1. Click on the search button on Steams front store page, so you get everything in the store in one list.

4. Follow the list until you reach the first one that costs more than £4/4€ or something like that.

I hate you you bastard.

Edit: Ok, mostly my wallet hates you.

Dizzy-4U

The Last Remnant

My computer is pretty low spec, but I'm impress this game look so good even on low settings.

Playing it now and it definitely worth what I paid for it.
Played it some time ago and really liked it. I think most of the negativity it got from reviews was because of the horrible performance on xbox, not the actual game itself.

Just for comparison, this is how it looks maxed out on pc (locked 60fps.)

http://h10.abload.de/img/tlr2011-07-1719-12-39-novv.png
http://h10.abload.de/img/tlr2011-07-1619-37-47-9o0j.png
http://h10.abload.de/img/tlr2011-07-1716-41-07-xqjz.png

JaseC

I had intended to, on the final day of the sale, purchase all of the -75% games I don't yet own, but my headphones deciding to break has put a bit of a damper on that.

demolitio

Jesus, can some of you guys cover my medical bills? Or my gaming needs? Or something?

I feel like I get away with little damage during these sales simply out of fear since I can only get a few of the big games a year, but this is also the time where I can get games I normally wouldn't for a fraction of the cost. It's conflicting, but at least I got a few great things out of it...lol

I actually have a backlog for the first time ever in my life so this is a weird feeling. :p

Should one get Red Faction: Armageddon? Does it have destroyable environment like Guerrilla?

It's a lot more linear and not nearly as good as the Guerrilla. The destruction is there but the structures aren't as large and it's limited due to being underground. Sure, there are some great examples of destruction still, but they took away what made Guerrilla such an awesome game.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Downloading the demo for Waves now. I love me some Geometry Wars, so as long as it works and the controller compatibility is good, I will take the huge $3.00 plunge.

JaseC

The Final Hours of Portal 2 $.99

That worth it?

It's a great bit of light reading, chronicling the development of the game from its earliest stages all the way to its final shipping form. If you find that you enjoyed the glimpse into Valve's rather unique culture, consider also reading the Valve Handbook.

Smash88

Banned
Should one get Red Faction: Armageddon? Does it have destroyable environment like Guerrilla?

It does have the same destroyable environment. But the game has become linear with destruction.

The Final Hours of Portal 2 $.99

That worth it?

Depends, if you really want to see the behind the scenes, and understand how they made it and what it took to release, get it.

NOTE: I own this so I'm speaking from what I know.

inky

OK, got Galactic Civ II today. Don't know when I'll find the time to play it but I hope it's as good as people say.

Danielsan

Good morning Steam GAF. Just made my first purchase of the day... The Witcher: Enhanced Edition.

Updated list of the damage so far:

ic36bbc21UXCp.PNG

Guys, just need one more to jump in for a Dead Island 4-pack. If you're interested, please pm me. There's less than an hour to go...
How much is it to jump in?

whitehawk

Banned
So far...

Left 4 Dead 2
Limbo
Super Meat Boy
Saints Row 3
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Mirror's Edge
Just Cause 2
Hitman: Bloody Money
GTA Collection
Crysis Collection
Alan Wake Collection

Total damage: $76.15

Not too bad considering that's about the price of 1 full price collectors edition game.

Shaneus

I'm tempted to actually tally up my total spendings so far. Perhaps it'll help curb any future spendings (at least during this sale).

Retne

Purchases so far:

Beyond Good and Evil - $2.49
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall - $6.24
Dear Esther - $2.49
Mirror's Edge - $4.99
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition - $4.99
F.E.A.R.: Ultimate Shooter Edition - $2.49
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $7.49
The Walking Dead - $14.99
Qube - $3.74
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - $2.49
Trine 2 - $3.74
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Standard Edition - $7.49
Legend of Grimrock - $5.99
Hard Reset: Extended edition - $3.74

Total: $73.36

I'd say I've done a good job resisting picking up games I know I won't get around to playing until winter even if I may have crumbled a couple times.

Already working my way through Trine 2 and it's been great fun. I ended up playing the first half of Hard Reset ~3 times and got fed up with it. I may come back to it in a while but the game crashing on me and corrupting my saves combined with a couple of bad AI sections left me with bit of a bad taste considering I started out loving it. Also managed to finish the first episode of TWD and it was enjoyable. I'm looking forward to going through the second episode soon.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Jesus, can some of you guys cover my medical bills? Or my gaming needs? Or something?

I feel like I get away with little damage during these sales simply out of fear since I can only get a few of the big games a year, but this is also the time where I can get games I normally wouldn't for a fraction of the cost. It's conflicting, but at least I got a few great things out of it...lol

I actually have a backlog for the first time ever in my life so this is a weird feeling. :p

It's a lot more linear and not nearly as good as the Guerrilla. The destruction is there but the structures aren't as large and it's limited due to being underground. Sure, there are some great examples of destruction still, but they took away what made Guerrilla such an awesome game.
The shooting is better in Armageddon, but it's essentially a completely different game. It's hard to compare the two. It's closer to Rage, Lost Planet, Serious Sam or Hard Reset than RF: G. I personally enjoyed it but I like linear shooters.

Good morning Steam GAF. Just made my first purchase of the day... The Witcher: Enhanced Edition.

Updated list of the damage so far:

iwUwaudKIKXWU.PNG

How much is it to jump in?
Daniel, you are breaking my heart :( No "2" in L4D. "e" in "Edition" isn't capitalized. Falghana instead of Felghana. Forgot the "e" in Noire.

</3 </3 </3

<3<3<3

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
After hearing the Giant Bomb guys talk up the Walking Dead on the Bombcast has me rooting for the Walking Dead to win this poll. I skipped it before because I am not a big adventure game puzzle fan, but this sounds like a really good game.

Decado

Has anyone tried the steam/pc version of Red Faction: Armageddon and Red Faction Guerilla? How do they run/look? Bad console ports?

Also, has Dustforce gone on sale yet?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Has anyone tried the steam/pc version of Red Faction: Armageddon and Red Faction Guerilla? How do they run/look? Bad console ports?

Also, has Dustforce gone on sale yet?

Armageddon is pretty fun. I like the destructive/rebuild elements of the game. Ran pretty well on an older machine of mine, too. Unfortunately, that's all I really remember about it, was that it was "pretty fun."

So I wake up just now and see that Xelios has sent me a gift copy of Gal Civ 2 which I've had on my wishlist forever. Thanks a lot man, you are awesome! :D

hitmon

As much as I want to try New Vegas collection at $9.99 , I'm going to have to pass for now. When does the winter sale I hear about happen? This is my first steam sale so apologies in advance if this is widely known.

Copenap

Just a quick question. When is the last chance to jump on the sale? I know the sale ends on 23rd July but what timezone does that refer to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom