• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasLegio

Banned
why the fuck cant I buy dlc if I do not have the game on Steam???!!!

Just ordered Red Faction Armageddon for 2€ and wanted to buy the dlc on steam but since I have not received the game yet I cannot buy the DLC. They are missing out on money due to this.

I wouldn't recommend Red Faction Armageddon at just about any price - I couldn't finish it and believe me, if its a shooter I'll at least complete the damn thing. The enemies just aren't fun to fight and without that you really don't have anything at all.

And one repeat question from earlier I never got the answer to:

Does Half-Life 2 support an xbox controller? I see the controller enabled icon, but HL2 is listed with a few other games too so I'm not sure.

Just ordered Red Faction Armageddon for 2€ and wanted to buy the dlc on steam but since I have not received the game yet I cannot buy the DLC. They are missing out on money due to this.

I'm sure someone can buy it for you and hold it in their inventory until you've received your key.

Also, I purchased two extra gift copies of GalCiv II for those that miss the sale. $5 a pop, for those who (eventually) lament missing the sale.

Chavelo

I voted for The Walking Dead. The hell you SPAZ fanboys gonna do about it?
lol, you haven't even gotten the game yet! I got the freakin' game as coal trade 6 months ago!
COME AT ME, BROS

Was not interested on getting the game until yesterday when I saw my roommate play the game. Looked good. SO HA!

Cant you buy it as a gift and store it until you get the game?

DeVeAn

So is Dead Island better with a controller? I played through the 360 version got it on PC now. Something feels off IDK. What is the consensus on the preferred control method?

haikira

So is Dead Island better with a controller? I played through the 360 version got it on PC now. Something feels off IDK. What is the consensus on the preferred control method?

I think you get more control with the 360 pad, if you use that manual weapon mode with it. There's no way to emulate that, with the keyboard and mouse i believe.

I think i ended up rolling with the pad more often, when playing with friends, than using KBAM.

feel

Is the first Witcher worth playing before tackling the highly praised sequel? I never see people talk about Witcher 1. Saw it was $2.50 and added it to my inventory.

Ledsen

You NEED to set the combat to analogue and play with a pad in the options to get the best experience, did you do so on 360?

bRDg0.jpg

Alright to narrow it down

There are exactly nine games referenced in here, and a vague number ten as a bonus.

RC

Banned
Just realized I have nobody on my Steam friends list.
RC_3k, feel free to add me and marvel at my collection of unplayed gamed.

Wunder

I've heard analog makes combat more interesting, which, if you're playing by yourself is all you have to last you through the game. Co-Op is really the only good part about this game for me, and playing with a mouse/keyboard hasn't been great so far.

You don't want the Red Faction Armageddon DLC, it's terrible. It's literally just content they excised from the main game, there's even an antagonist/nemesis that got cut from the main game that only shows up in one mission, the DLC is so random and disjointed.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Oh wow, Last Remnant. Everyone should vote for that. I want it.

....who am I kidding. People are going to be stupid and vote in Splinter Cell

Eusis

Voted Last Remnant. Helps I don't really care about the others, though I guess I might get a Splinter Cell bundle if it's cheap enough.

Katoki

Oh snap. Voted for TLR.

Least it's something different this time. We haven't been completely forsaken although the AVERAGE STEAM user will fix that.

Edit: I have a feeling people are going to look at TLR's score and go "Fuck that".

Bought The Walking Dead. $15 is normally more than I would spend on a game during the sale and why I skipped it during the daily's, but last week's Weekend Confirmed really sold me on it.

Peff

Oh wow, Last Remnant. Everyone should vote for that. I want it.

....who am I kidding. People are going to be stupid and vote in Splinter Cell

It's bound to be a daily/flash deal within the remaining days anyway. It's also Steamworks, so you can just buy it from GMG now too, there's a 20% discount code flying around.

dani_dc

Already own TLR and have no interest in the other two, considering I saw many people here wanting TLR I'll vote for that.

I really recomend picking the Amanita Bundle to anyone that doesn't has any of those games, really fun games, Machinarium is especially good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom