• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have voted for S.P.A.Z you fools! 40% off Walking Dead? That's just like a regular daily sale on Steam on some random day. Anything less than 50% should not be bothered with!

The series isn't even fully out yet--Hell, only 2 of 5 are! 40% off is plenty generous. If it was Sam & Max, you might actually have a point.

feel

Easily worth it. Play Witcher 1 first before Witcher 2.
k, will do

QFcom.jpg
jb1ssNCXtamoKM.jpg

Finally.

Now to do some research on TLR and Demigod to see if any of the two in particular is worth voting for.

Katoki

Almost feels like they're trying to resuscitate our wallets so we can go and abuse them again from this Community Choice Vote alone.

LOL! for the drawing contest, the PM's are coming in too fast from all over, I cannot keep up anymore...

This is turning out very exciting, one of you got 8 out of 9 right, just couldn't get that last one, sooo close!

Another one of you actually figured out the vague bonus game reference ( didn't think anyone could) but still short of three more answers!

most of you got 6-7 out of 9 right.

Here's the biggest hint for you all: The 7 out of 9 games are actually on sale on Steam's main page right now!

Good luck, this may end up in a three way tie or something, so many close answers!

What's the Steam equivalent of pouring one out? Actually playing a game?

Because I pity all the people that keep buying ARMA II and keeping it in the top sellers.

Even if it doesn't get further discounted, people couldn't wait until the end of the sale to see? I know DayZ is in right now, but damn.

Voted SC:C. That probably has to do with the fact that I picked up SC:CT during the sale and want more even the conviction is drastically different. Lived playing the coop with a buddy on the 360.

Tess3ract

Banned
Did they ever fix Demigod or is it still broken trash?
They'd have to redesign the game, I haven't played it since the game came out. It was one of those games that you got the beta for before it was actually out, and when you played it it was crap, and it came out and it was crap

and soon on impulse it went down to like 5-10 and there were times they gave it out for free and still it wasn't enough. avoid.

Oh wow, Last Remnant. Everyone should vote for that. I want it.

....who am I kidding. People are going to be stupid and vote in Splinter Cell

Gotta love the attitude, that if people don't vote for what I like they are dumb.

Splinter Cell:C isn't the best of the series but the coop is a blast.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
It could be the best game ever but as far as I'm concerned most typical zombie things go right in the bargin bin along with names such as "True Blood" and "Twilight"

The Walking Dead is not "most typical zombie things". It's basically a visual novel in 3D, and has the best "narative gameplay" implementation I've seen yet. Episode 2 contains the most intense storytelling in games.

For someone with a KS avatar it should be right up your street.

Anyway is the Amanita Collection worth getting?

Ledsen

SPLINTER CELL IS AMAZING, VOTE FOR IT. People who say otherwise haven't played the extremely fun Deniable Ops mode (which you can play coop or single and has open-ended classic style splinter cell levels) and are judging the game based on the campaign. DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! I will double dip on this great game. Also TLR is already on sale on gmg, steam redeemable.

feel

Well, I think I don't care for any of them, Gaf gets my vote, The Last Remnant it is. I don't think it stands a chance against a dudebro+troll vote magnet like SC:C.

SPLINTER CELL IS AMAZING, VOTE FOR IT. People who say otherwise haven't played the extremely fun Deniable Ops mode (which you can play coop or single and has open-ended classic style splinter cell levels) and are judging the game based on the campaign. DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!

SC is awesome, but I already have it. TLR!!!

Jak140

The Walking Dead looks good, but the whole season isn't even out, and they've already announced a second season. Waiting because I know it will be cheaper by then.

Soi-Fong

Hmm... Wondering if I should get the Amanita Bundle and surprise my gf with it.. She's been wanting another game to play on her 13 inch MBP.

Amagon

Don't do it! It will be $10 during the winter sale, probably. $30 is an absurd amount to pay for a single game during a Steam sale. Pick up the all the awesome $5 and $10 sales and make those dollars count!

The game is worth full price imo. If anybody has any desire to play MP3, pick it up now and you won't be disappointed.

Salsa

Conviction's campaign is good enough at that price. It has some good ideas with the new mechanics but they just never drive them home.

Also even thought I havent tried the co-op mode since we never managed to get together to do so with a friend, I trust Ledsen (and a couple other buddies of mine) in that it is indeed awesome

The Walking Dead is not "most typical zombie things". It's basically a visual novel in 3D, and has the best "narative gameplay" implementation I've seen yet. Episode 2 contains the most intense storytelling in games.

For someone with a KS avatar it should be right up your street.

Anyway is the Amanita Collection worth getting?

Man I just saw this bundle on sale and was coming to post about it. It's worth it for Machinarium alone. I haven't played Botanicula or Samorost2 but I've been wanting to, and this easily seals the deal. Machinarium is a really fucking good point and click adventure, one of the best there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom