• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game is worth full price imo. If anybody has any desire to play MP3, pick it up now and you won't be disappointed.

I just don't see the point in spending $30 on anything during these sales when there is so much else for less that is just as good. Sure it may be an awesome game, but if you didn't buy it at full price you will probably end up installing it and playing for an hour, then it'll go in your backlog and by the time you play it, it'll be 10 bucks.

Ledsen

Conviction's campaign is good enough at that price. It has some good ideas with the new mechanics but they just never drive them home.

Also even thought I havent tried the co-op mode since we never managed to get together to do so with a friend, I trust Ledsen (and a couple other buddies of mine) in that it is indeed awesome

There's the coop campaign, which is much better than the main campaign, then there's deniable ops mode which you can play both sp and Coop. If you liked sp you'll love these :)

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Man I just saw this bundle on sale and was coming to post about it. It's worth it for Machinarium alone. I haven't played Botanicula or Samorost2 but I've been wanting to, and this easily seals the deal. Machinarium is a really fucking good point and click adventure, one of the best there is.

Thanks, just got it with the Syberia Bundle, I have been overloading on P&C purchases.

Koroviev

I think I'd take a chance on The Walking Dead if it were $10, but $15 is a little beyond what I'm willing to spend. Damned GAF hype, sparking my interest >:|

Soi-Fong

I think I'd take a chance on The Walking Dead if it were $10, but $15 is a little beyond what I'm willing to spend. Damned GAF hype, sparking my interest >:|

What's 5 more bucks really. Unless you're planning on getting another 5$ game go for it. I've heard a lot of good things about it and you get all 5 episodes with it so can't really complain.

Salsa and Eagletwin

to make this perfectly fair, both of you post your list here out in the open and we'll go from there, who's first and who's second, Eagletwin has the ultimate advantage of getting the bonus right. and please Eagletwin explain how you got the Bonus. Because I am even curious.

Just added to my cart and read this on extra copies.

Extra copies are not given in most cases.
Only titles purchased in special promotions as outlined below are eligible for giftable extra copies

How do I receive extra copies to share with friends?

Extra copies will only be issued as a special promotion in the following specific cases:

Users who own "Left 4 Dead" and then go on to purchase "Left 4 Dead + Left 4 Dead 2 Bundle" will receive an extra copy of "Left 4 Dead"
Users who own “Half-Life 2” and go on to purchase “The Orange Box” or the "Valve Complete Pack" will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2”.
Users who own “Half-Life 2: Episode One” and then go on to purchase the "Half-Life 2: Episode Pack”, “Valve Complete Pack” or “The Orange Box” will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2: Episode One”.
Users who own "Dawn of War II"and then go on to purchase "Dawn of War II Gold Edition" will receive an extra copy of "Dawn of War II"
Users who purchase the available four packs for specific Steam titles will receive three extra copies of that title to gift to friends.
Extra copies may apply as a part of some limited time promotions. In that case, information on what will be included with your purchase will be listed on the storefront's transaction page.
That sucks.

would be nice to see TLR win. Its on my wish list.
so disappointed just found out I'm leaving town tomorrow, will miss my chances to vote every day. and unless dayz goes on sale tomorrow morning, ill never own it :'( sad face supreme.

[/IMG]
Something came over me and i voted for SC.

Sorry :(

dawson-crying.jpg

Koroviev

What's 5 more bucks really. Unless you're planning on getting another 5$ game go for it. I've heard a lot of good things about it and you get all 5 episodes with it so can't really complain.

It's only one of the best adventure games ever.

$5 is another whole awesome game. I understand.

That. That is how Steam sales make you think (._. )

Also, I don't really get the whole obsession with zombies, but everyone seems to like Walking Dead, lol.

So I just played The Last Rem demo for about twenty minutes.

Is this indicative of the entire game? And is there a tutorial?

I like the combat, the art, everything, but it was just too overwhelming.

Great contest!!!!

The Walking Dead
Beyond Good&Evil
Plants vs Zombies
Fallout
Skyrim
Max Payne 3
Just Cause 2
Deus Ex
Alan Wake
Rayman

My try for the bonus was actually gonna be Rayman hands on the PvZ character

edit: are you kidding me OMG

Ok you two, PM your emails or add me on steam, You each get a gift of a game of your choice worth up to 5 bucks! and I am going to be extra fair and give EagleTwin another $2.49 game for nailing that Rayman bonus! fuck that's amazing, I am impressed!

I loved how everyone thought the camera was Dead Rising, and no one cared for Beyond Good and Evil LOL!

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games

Also, I don't really get the whole obsession with zombies, but everyone seems to like Walking Dead, lol.

The zombies are just a backdrop for the human survivors drama. I've happily spent $10 on the two episodes so far on 360, and can't wait to spend another $15.

Ok you two, PM your emails or add me on steam, You each get a gift of a game of your choice worth up to 5 bucks! and I am going to be extra fair and give EagleTwin another $2.49 game for nailing that Rayman bonus! fuck that's amazing, I am impressed!

I loved how everyone thought the camera was Dead Rising, and no one cared for Beyond Good and Evil LOL!

You're the best!!!! thanks a lot!!

Here is the thing...

Either GAF is wrong about the Walking dead and the game isn't that great = money wasted

OR

GAF is right and the game is awesome, which leaves me playing two episodes and waiting god knows how long for the rest of the game.

I'll wait till the whole thing is out personally. I accept that I want it, but...not today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom