• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder

What the download speeds for games on steam?

mine never goes past 1mb/s second is that normal, because its going to take forever downloading these games, lol

k2Si2.jpg

Man I love neogaf...and specially Johnny Cage In the Shower!! thanks again!!

For those loving the competitions, make sure to check out

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40057379#post40057379

where there are lots of games still to win

I'm not completely sold on the game, do convince me :p

It is a great port of a decent console game, which is now improved and one of the most solid jrpgs this gen. If you like the genre at all get it and it will more than tide you over till FF Versus 13 is released.

Just beat the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, it was aright. It got a little tedious with the waves of respawning zombies and the constant backtracking (even with the few shortcuts that opened up) without vehicles. I liked the humor of it though.

So far Mad Moxxi's Underdome sucks. It's just arena combat, facing down twenty five waves per arena, I got through two and quit The Gully, cos it was boring. Dunno if I want to bother with it, might just move on to the Knox DLC.

Hnn, it's getting a little higher than I ever expected.

Damage so far:
Max Payne Bundle: $3.74
Star Wars KOTOR: $2.49
Renegade Ops - Four Pack: $1.88
Borderlands GOTY: $7.49
Hitman Collection: $6.24
Fallout 3 GOTY: $4.99
Fallout NV Ultimate: $9.99
Dead Space Pack: $9.98
Indie Bundle V: $9.99
F.E.A.R. Ultimate Shooter Edition: $2.49
Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack: $8.00
Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition: $4.99
Double Fine Bundle: $7.49
Super Meat Boy: $3.74
Bastion: $3.74
The Binding of Isaac: $1.24
Company of Heroes: $2.49
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale: $4.99
Chantelise - A Tale of Two Sisters: $2.49
Terraria: $2.49
Broken Sword - Trilogy pack: $2.50
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition: $7.49
Saints Row The Third: $9.99 (Amazon)
Plants vs. Zombies GOTY: $2.49
The Longest Journey: $2.49
Left 4 Dead 2 - Four Pack: $3.75
Tobe's Vertical Adventure: $1.24
Beyond Good and Evil: $2.49
Thief Gold: $2.49
Thief II: The Metal Age: $2.49
Portal 2: $4.99

Total: $143.35
Total Games: 49
Average per game: $2.93

KuroNeeko

I bought Demigod back when it was on Impulse. It's an ok game, but unfortunately it doesn't really anything better than the other MOBA games out there. Plus, the community is non-existent. The best thing about the game is that Christopher Lee voices the announcer (Saruman from the LotRs.)

I played and beat Last Remnant on the 360. The story isn't anything to write home about, but the battle system was a lot of fun. I know a lot of people who cried about the difficulty, but it really isn't that bad. It does take a little getting used to but once you get into it - it's a decent amount of fun. The achievements (if you're into that sort of thing) are bull-hockey though. Seriously. If you want to unlock all of them, you better start working on them from the very beginning.

Just beat the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, it was aright. It got a little tedious with the waves of respawning zombies and the constant backtracking (even with the few shortcuts that opened up) without vehicles. I liked the humor of it though.

So far Mad Moxxi's Underdome sucks. It's just arena combat, facing down twenty five waves per arena, I got through two and quit The Gully, cos it was boring. Dunno if I want to bother with it, might just move on to the Knox DLC.

I did the same. There's next-to no reward for doing Moxxi's, and it's not any fun anyway. Knoxx is awesome and has a fantastic reward at the end, so you really should just skip to it.

Arxisz

Was gonna buy The Walking Dead but then I read the description...
More episodes to be released? but... I HATE cliffhangers!

Pachael

Dang, missed Speevy's contest. My idea would have been SR3 + JC2, with the Saints finding themselves in Panau and a vicious gang fight with Bolo Santosi, her revolutionaries, the other two gangs with area takeovers. The 'LB'/awesome button will naturally go to the grappling hook (Sprint by default). And more customisation. And more destructible buildings. And 4P co-op. And more fighting/highjacking on planes, helis and everything else.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Then look forward to purchasing it at the christmas sales.

I'm still wary from buying Sin Episodes. I've never invested so much into a game's story, only to see it never completed.

....Also half life 2 I suppose would be another example.

I did the same. There's next-to no reward for doing Moxxi's, and it's not any fun anyway. Knoxx is awesome and has a fantastic reward at the end, so you really should just skip to it.

Yeah, I'm glad I bought it at a steep discount, cos Moxxi's Underdome definitely isn't worth 10$ or whatever they were charging.

Arxisz

I'm still wary from buying Sin Episodes. I've never invested so much into a game's story, only to see it never completed.

Yeah I've been through hell lots of times because of cliffhangers in the past ._.

Buy it anyway. It's so freaking good. I wouldn't really say the episodes end on cliffhangers anyway.

You sure? sounds very convincing. in that case I think I might buy it after all.

Salsa

bought Krater, fuck it.

budget got to a point where I wont be able to buy DayZ unless they put it as a daily :(

good thing it'll happen

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I want to buy Krater, but then I just know that assholes will vote it in at -75% if it's up for vote again.

haha thinking of never completed games, I have the feeling the Kingdom Hearts games will end up that way, they just keep on screwing with the mythos, Adding so much filler.... not that that has a lot to do with what you were talking about or steams sales, but it struck my mind right then.

Dr. Ned was fucking brilliant. It was the most Halloween-feeling game after Costume Quest. The atmosphere was spot on.

Defilers were annoying as fuck. I'm playing as Brick, so when I run out of rockets, it's shotgun time. All of the other zombies are ridiculously easy to deal with, I think I'm lvl 10 with shotguns so i get headshots aplenty at a pretty decent range, but that vomit was super annoying when I got tagged with it. When I have rockets, they're no problem to deal with but there's just so many damned zombies spawning out of the woodworks.

haha thinking of never completed games, I have the feeling the Kingdom Hearts games will end up that way, they just keep on screwing with the mythos, Adding so much filler.... not that that has a lot to do with what you were talking about or steams sales, but it struck my mind right then.

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts, apparently Versus was just cancelled, so look out for a KHIII announcement of some sort in the near future.

Back on topic, I'm really hoping Orc's Must Die goes on sale one more time, I'm still kicking myself for missing it on so many occasions.

The episodes themselves don't end on cliffhangers, but the bloody previews after each episode have the same effect as a cliffhanger would have. Regardless, I can't recommend the series enough.

Man all this praise, maybe I'll finally buy a Telltale game. The games I tried so far (Monkey, Sam&Max and Back to the Future) didn't do it for me, they just seemed so charmless.

But I'll definitely wait for a cheaper price and the end of the first season.

I'm not completely sold on the game, do convince me :p
The best RPG SE has done this generation. Probably behind Vesperia as the HD RPG everyone should play. Amazing music, fun-as-fuck turn-based battle system that makes for some epic battles, nice difficulty challenge, and the best female RPG character in a while. It also feels like the Ys games whenever you triumph over a difficult battle at points.

For all you guys who have these crazy hauls of like 60 games for $8, know that you'll have played only 3 or 4 by the time the next sale comes around

Trust me, I was there

and now I have nothing to buy :(

Dr.Acula

Banned
As someone who loved the comics, but hated the show, Telltale's Walking Dead is excellent. Very pleasantly surprised by this one.

Beat ep. 1, still need to get on ep. 2, but I've got the Witcher (previously owned) going on now, then Ys: Origin, gonna blaze through F3AR, then get though Alan Wake quick, try out Metro 2033, then it's Witcher II time, then when I get a SSD big enough I can finally check out Rage. I hope Deus Ex: HR doesn't go back on sale...

Arma II/Day Z

Yeeesh. Almost a chore, really :)

$68.93

Not too horrible.

Kwixotik

I bought The Walking Dead and Terraria for $17.50 total. My girlfriend just bought me The Witcher 2 for $16. Now I'm tempted by Portal 2 for $5. Why is this happening to me? I didn't even plan on spending any money!

Eusis

I just don't see the point in spending $30 on anything during these sales when there is so much else for less that is just as good. Sure it may be an awesome game, but if you didn't buy it at full price you will probably end up installing it and playing for an hour, then it'll go in your backlog and by the time you play it, it'll be 10 bucks.
Whether there's other great games or not may not matter if you REALLY want this. Then again that is the thing here, isn't it? If you're asking you might be seriously doubting it unlike the people who leapt on the Amazon sale ASAP or at least fairly early, and if you weren't dying to play it then it probably would get shoved into the backlog immediately.

Personally, I got it in the Amazon, played through it, and... eh, my opinions are wildly mixed to be honest. I enjoyed the game more than I didn't, but I was getting very tired of the endless swarms of enemies by the end, I hate how just about every modern shooter is balanced around cover systems and getting to simply run and gun is discouraged, and only checkpoints are lame, especially when they're sometimes far apart and you can't skip some fucking cutscenes. It feels like with a few tweaks it either could've been a REALLY amazing game, or at least one that either pleases me more or at least is mainly inoffensive.

At any rate if you're seriously interested in the game and have been wanting to play it go ahead and get it, but with the caveat you'll actually get to playing it sooner than later. On that note, maybe I should be digging into Spec Ops rather than my $10 copy of Binary Domain.

Tomodachi

I bought The Last Remnant at 5£ from GamersGate a few weeks ago (activates on steam). Don't buy it unless it really goes 75% off (not talking about quality since I still have to start it, I just mean you will find it at that price eventually).

Shahadan

The best RPG SE has done this generation. Probably behind Vesperia as the HD RPG everyone should play. Amazing music, fun-as-fuck turn-based battle system that makes for some epic battles, nice difficulty challenge, and the best female RPG character in a while. It also feels like the Ys games whenever you triumph over a difficult battle at points.

It just lacks a mod allowing the cutscenes to be skipped, and one where you can punch Rush and "IRINAAAAA" for being annoying and stupid as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom