• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I want a tycoon game, building a city, a company or something like that - what´s the best choice I can´t accept Anno 2070´s stupid DRM or Tropico 4´s login requirements?

Aldready own Simcity 4.

This is what I want to know. I only want one of them.

Machinarium is much much better. Not among the best in the genre, but still really good.

Botanicula is more a toy than a game.

Buy Machinarium unless you absolutely hate adventure game puzzles.

Well, to be fair, I love adventure game puzzles in the classic point-and-click style but I did not enjoy Machinarium at all. I've tried it a few times and I just couldn't get into it. Not trying to say it's a bad game, just that it might not be for everyone who enjoys adventure games.

coopolon

Does anyone still have any GalCiv2 for $5? I completely slept through the flash sale on that. Can paypal or buy an alternative game.

Firebrand

Been playing a lot of Mount&Blade multiplayer these past few days. It's so bad, yet so good at the same time. I would love to see a more polished version of it.

froliq

ßthePenguin;40068430 said:
So guys - Arkham City, what was it on Steam again? Will it have the same DRM on greenmangaming (today -50% for 9,97€) as it has on steam? Limited activations and stuff.

It was 9,51€ on steam. And they both use GFWL.

Shurayuki

Will also hold off on Walking Dead till it's complete. Really dislike cliffhangers. Hopefully winter sale maybe.

You hear that Tornquist? I hope every night in your dreams you find yourself half naked in an icy environment with a giant dollhouse and a creppy little girl who who sends you to fantastical worlds [...] [...] [...]

RAGNAR...I never thought the title 'longest journey' was meant to be taken at face value :(

RustyO

As much as I think I want (and voted for) The Walking Dead; I might hold off till when it is complete.

Pretty tame sale for me so far:

Crusader Kings II (on a whim)
Legend of Grimrock

Oh, yeah, and two copies of SpaceChem to give out as competition gifts because, well, it's an awesome game.

Tomodachi

I will wait for The Walking Dead, as much as I'm dying to play it I could get 2-3 different games with 15€ during the rest of the sale (and by the way, I have only 10€ left from my budget of 100€ so...).
I still think it's absurd to be unable to buy single episodes from an episodic series by the way, even if it meant spendind a bit more in the end, and that's another thing keeping me from buying it on a matter of principle. Yup.

If I want a tycoon game, building a city, a company or something like that - what´s the best choice I can´t accept Anno 2070´s stupid DRM or Tropico 4´s login requirements?

Aldready own Simcity 4.

Catshade was spot on, Grand Ages: Rome looks really good among the various cities sim. Just be sure to get the game and the expansion separately, Grand Ages: Rome Gold is pricier for some reason.

Darkwater

For myself I've so far bought:

• Trine 2
  • Painkiller Complete Pack
  • Batman Franchise
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe
  • Thief: Deadly Shadows
  • The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
  • Alan Wake bundle

Totaling at a little over €50,-

Not bad! I'd maybe pull the trigger on Dustforce and Limbo, if they (re)appear. Then again, I totally didn't see the Alan Wake bundle coming, either.

GiJoccin

y'all sold me on the walking dead - picked it up!

so many games this sale...
skyrim
terraria
alan wake
the walking dead
aoe III
monkey island 1 and 2
the walking dead
dragon age 1
trine 2

i have no idea when i'll play them all :(

Darkwater

skyrim
terraria
alan wake
the walking dead
aoe III
monkey island 1 and 2
the walking dead
dragon age 1
trine 2

Strangely enough, it does require some commitment, nowadays. I had to make myself go back to Bastion after I'd put it down for a little while. Not to say that's Bastion's fault, though. I love that game to bits.

Shurayuki

skyrim
terraria
alan wake
the walking dead
aoe III
monkey island 1 and 2
the walking dead
dragon age 1
trine 2

The idea is that you catch all Steammon, then you make an account on 'Steammon Coal/Game' and catch all the new Steammon.

ShaneB

Bought Botanicula. Love the art direction and burst of colour, and I know very little about it other than it's an adventure game. I have Machinarium already, and still haven't played it :(

I voted for TLR, know it's something plenty of people want, so there you go. I doubt I'll get it, but hope it wins for those who want it (despite it being on sale eslewhere too).

I'm down to my last 20 bucks from 100. Hopefully I don't cave and add more funds... but I probably will. :(

Celegus

I finally decided to pick up Saint's Row 3 last night. I don't care much for open world sandbox type games, but I'm hoping the utter ridiculousness can make up for it.

Shahadan

I finally decided to pick up Saint's Row 3 last night. I don't care much for open world sandbox type games, but I'm hoping the utter ridiculousness can make up for it.

I'm bored easily in sandbox games and have clocked 83 hours in SR3 so far.
Play it with someone, the fun is easily doubled :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom