• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
YES Splinter Cell! Everyone buy it RIGHT NOW and play the deniable ops mode!!!
I was stupid, thinking the Last Remnant would win against something like Splinter Cell :(

XeroSauce

Quick question fellow GAFfers, if one PC can handle Fallout 3 then it can also handle Fallout New Vegas or is F:NV a more demanding games regarding specs?

I'm aiming for Medium settings at worst. Thanks in advance.

It isn't particularly more demanding, but you'd want some optimization mods because there are a bunch of unfixed bugs and glitches.

Cudder

AWESOME. Haven't played Conviction yet, was hoping it would be a daily or flash sale.

How does it run on a MacBook Pro Retina?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Quick question fellow GAFfers, if one PC can handle Fallout 3 then it can also handle Fallout New Vegas or is F:NV a more demanding games regarding specs?

I'm aiming for Medium settings at worst. Thanks in advance.

With all the post-release patches, I'd say it is only a little bit more demanding that Fallout 3. There are also a few tweaks that you can do to remove some of the more taxing elements, I believe.

bigace33

Let me reiterate this people, Splinter Cell Conviction is an awesome game, it deserved to win the vote. Despite what the haters say, the game is sick.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Once I get The Last Remnant, I am officially done with the Steam sale. And as a result of the Steam sale, and almost having 300 unplayed games on Steam, I am forcing myself to play in strict order at least 100 games. I cannot play any other games and I have to follow these games in order.

in strict order? Yikes. Red Faction 2 is not a good game. Hahaha.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh shit, Portal 2 as flash sale! I don't even have that game :3

SC: Conviction won. TLR in last place, damn.
my situation = huge backlog + not much spare time

question: Witcher 2.49$ ?

It feels like a crime leaving there at this price but I already have lots of games I have not even started

also I like action RPG, but I don't like exploring huge maps since every time I play the game I feel like I am lost as I cannot remember which areas I have already explored or in which ones I have still tasks to do

for this reason I have a love & hate attitude towards games like Fallout 3 / Stalker

I read it's a very nice game and I doubt it will drop any further in the future, but would it be worth waiting for a special Witcher 1 + Witcher 2 package during next winter sale ?
Can't go wrong for $2.49. I doubt it will get any lower.

Is there a way to see how much you've spent total on Steam?
Go to your view tab. Go down to settings. Click on View Account History. Then click on Store Transactions. It'll show all the games and gifts you bought.
Or use the shortcut and click on your account name at the top right. Click on Store Transactions.

Ledsen

Hold on, what's this about deniable ops? I thought there was nothing about Conviction to get really excited over.
Deniable ops is a separate game mode where you navigate semi-open ended levels like the old games, trying to get through attracting as little attention as possible, completing objectives etc in Co-op or single player. It's much better than the campaign and highly recommended for that price. There's also a separate coop campaign which is great.

Esch

Banned
SC:C has a few really nice things going for it, the gameplay is very smooth and it still is a nice looking game. That said its mind numbingly generic and i hated the stealth indicator because it detracts from the beauty of the game. I dont wanna spend an entire campaign in b&w if im playing it right.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I'm dying to buy Waves, but after trying the demo I found out that my controller wasn't being detected, and mapping the keys through xpadder made my right thumbstick only able to fire in 45 degree angles =/ anyone know of any solution to this? My controller is a PS2 controller connected to the PC through a USB adapter... never had any problem with it...
Hm, disappointed to hear this. I was gonna try my PS2 controller over USB with this game tonight.

...It does work flawlessly with a 360 controller, though. If you've got one.

Giran

remnant_20090323_01cocbjn3.jpg

Woah, I expected SC to win but it didn't even beat Demigod. Ouch.

SC:C has a few really nice things going for it, the gameplay is very smooth and it still is a nice looking game. That said its mind numbingly generic and i hated the stealth indicator because it detracts from the beauty of the game. I dont wanna spend an entire campaign in b&w if im playing it right.

Yeah, I think I'm going to avoid it, not sure yet though, must resist!

in strict order? Yikes. Red Faction 2 is not a good game. Hahaha.

In strict order, yes. So sick of having hundreds of unplayed games.

And I had Red Faction 2 for PS2 a few years back. I played it for 10 minutes and honestly at the time called it the "worst sequel I've ever played." But I'm willing to give it another chance, hahaha.

I have a few minutes to think about buying Walking Dead... but... I've never seen the show or read the comic, and don't do well with the traditional survival horror games.

Still worth it?

Shurayuki

Wow TLR even lost to demigod eh? Japan can't catch a break :eek:

If that's the site I think it is (it's currently down due to high traffic) it just shows the MSRP of your account. The actual amount I've spent is far, far, FAR less than that.

Most steam calculator sites will tell you how much you've spent if you bought everything on sale too.
Also if you haven't bought many bundles or generally redeemed many games from other sites your transaction history would give you a good idea (easier than emails :eek:).

Go to your view tab. Go down to settings. Click on View Account History. Then click on Store Transactions. It'll show all the games and gifts you bought.
Or use the shortcut and click on your account name at the top right. Click on transaction's history.

I think I will need a double check like Whatsapp when posting.

My way it's easier, btw.

Sad face.

Esch

Banned
Yeah, I think I'm going to avoid it, not sure yet though, must resist!

a gaffer gifted it to me in like November and I ended up deleting local content. It's good, i just felt like there was very little substance to it. If you're hankering for some fluid, good looking sneaking and murking id recommend it, but i wouldnt drop more than 5$ on it honestly.

bigace33

Once I get The Last Remnant, I am officially done with the Steam sale. And as a result of the Steam sale, and almost having 300 unplayed games on Steam, I am forcing myself to play in strict order at least 100 games. I cannot play any other games and I have to follow these games in order.

Bold means I've beaten it. Only 99 games left guys!

1. Batman: Arkham City
2. Half-Life
3. Half-Life Expansions
4. Half-Life 2
5. Half-Life 2 Expansions
6. Ys Origin
7. Red Faction
8. Red Faction 2
9. Red Faction Guerrilla
10. Red Faction Armageddon
11. Legend of Grimrock
12. The Witcher
13. The Witcher 2
14. Bioshock
15. Bioshock 2
16. Dead Space
17. Dead Space 2
18. Metro 2033
19. DiRT 2
20. DiRT 3
21. F1 2011
22. Deus Ex
23. Deus Ex: Invisible War
24. Deus Ex: Human Revolition – The Missing Link
25. STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
26. STALKER: Call of Pripyat
27. Heroes of Might and Magic V
28. Amnesia
29. Vampire: The Masquerade
30. LA Noire
31. Thief Gold
32. Thief 2
33. Thief Deadly Shadows
34. Max Payne
35. Max Payne 2
36. Driver San Francisco
37. King’s Bounty: Armored Princess
38. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
39. Portal
40. Portal 2
41. Payday: The Heist
42. Left 4 Dead 2
43. Rome: Total War
44. Hitman: Codename 47
45. Hitman 2
46. Hitman Blood Money
47. Limbo
48. Bastion
49. Cave Story+
50. Binding of Isaac
51. Shank
52. Trine
53. Painkiller
54. Painkiller Redemption
55. Painkiller Overdose
56. Painkiller Resurrection
57. Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
58. Tropico 3
59. Costume Quest
60. Fallout
61. Fallout 2
62. Fallout Tactics
63. Titan Quest
64. Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
65. Doom 3
66. Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
67. Quake
68. Quake 2
69. Quake 3
70. Quake 4
71. Star Wars: Force Unleashed
72. Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2
73. Dungeon Siege
74. Dungeon Siege 2
75. Dungeon Siege 3
76. Elder Scrolls III
77. Dungeon Defenders
78. Greed: Black Border
79. Sacred: Gold
80. King Arthur: The Role-Playing Wargame
81. Sequence
82. Psychonauts
83. Terraria
84. Grand Theft Auto IV
85. Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
86. Mafia
87. Midnight Club II
88. Star Wars: Dark Forces
89. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
90. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
91. Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
92. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
93. Company of Heroes
94. Serious Sam: The First Encounter
95. Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
96. Ghostbusters: The Video Game
97. Saint’s Row: The Third
98. Freedom Force
99. Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich
100. Gothic II: Gold Edition

lol I see quite a few major road blocks on your list. You're going to have a hard time completing this. Some of these games are just too long, and some are just really bad. Just play what you feel like playing and try not to make gaming a chore. Games like GTA 4 are amazing but they over stay their welcome by about 12-15 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom