• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

What does it do when you connect your FB account with Steam? I don't want to flood people with games stuff.

Has not posted one thing. I think it might auto friend you with people on FB that also connected their Steam account. I'm not sure. But it doesn't post anything at all.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Transformers: War for Cybertron was on sale for $7.50 on May 3rd this year.
What? WHAT?!

That on top of me going off the grid with the worst timing ever, and unknowingly missing the first week of the Summer Sale....

I guess fuck me then.

Shurayuki

NO YOU DON'T GET IT YOU HAVE TO CHEAT THE SYSTEM, fight the power :(

What does it do when you connect your FB account with Steam? I don't want to flood people with games stuff.

Just set up a fake account for game stuff. It's probably worth it to use it to get goodies for games or use as easy login for some pages.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I'm apparently out of drive space, so I guess it's time to call it a sale. Grabbed:

Alan Wake bundle
Alice: Madness Returns
Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb
Dear Esther
Max Payne bundle
Metro 2033
Painkiller: Black
Pixeljunk Eden + Soundtrack
QUBE
Sideway
Super Monday Night Combat Turbocross bundle
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Totalled $50.00 exactly.

Celegus

I'm bored easily in sandbox games and have clocked 83 hours in SR3 so far.
Play it with someone, the fun is easily doubled :eek:

Didn't even realize it had multiplayer. I really only like playing multiplayer local, and I don't think my wife would be too into actually playing a game like this, but might enjoy watching at least.

mclaren777

I bought the Terraria four-pack and I'm curious if it's possible to generate a code to give away on my podcast.

These are the only options I see...

ibviYriXmmkSNG.png

Did SFxT drop in price at all during the sale?

Its exciting to see some more interest in this, I've still got my fingers crossed for a sale or some discount.
Can I ask for all those interested in sfxTekken are you more a fan of one series and do you own a console?
I'm an old time Tekken player, started with 2 being my first fighting game but now I don't have either of the two big consoles and would love to get a Tekken fix on PC it even motivated me to build an arcade stick out of an old psx controller.

derFeef

I bought the Terraria four-pack and I'm curious if it's possible to generate a code to give away on my podcast.

These are the only options I see...

ibviYriXmmkSNG.png

You can send it to your own E-Mail adress and then you get links for the games to redeem.
I did that once for Space Marine, should still work.

Sora_N

Somehow I already spent like $33, I only intended to spend like 20-25 last week, lol. I guess I'm gonna hold off on anything unless I really want it. Will just wait till the last day before I pick up Ys.

Myself:
Max Payne Bundle $3.74
Portal 2 $4.99
Dear Esther $2.49
Just Cause 2 $3.74
Botanicula $2.49
The Longest Journey $2.49
Binding of Isaac 1.25

Gift:
Saints Row 3rd $12.49

Total: 33.68

Fireblend

Banned
I'm dying to buy Waves, but after trying the demo I found out that my controller wasn't being detected, and mapping the keys through xpadder made my right thumbstick only able to fire in 45 degree angles =/ anyone know of any solution to this? My controller is a PS2 controller connected to the PC through a USB adapter... never had any problem with it...

Also, how's Splinter Cell: Conviction?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey SteamGAF! What did I miss the past 12 hours? I voted on Last Remnant!

heringer

Bought The Witcher. Not sure my GeForce 525m can handle the game, but for that price it's worth giving a shot.

Also bought The Walking Dead. I was waiting for the iPad version but it's taking way too long.

Tempted to buy Batman still... absolutely loved the demo.

Bought The Witcher. Not sure my GeForce 525m can handle the game, but for that price it's worth giving a shot.

Also bought The Walking Dead. I was waiting for the iPad version but it's taking way too long.

Let me know how it goes. My 425M probably can't handle it. I held off buying it for that reason.

Totakeke

Hmm, I can't get past the GalCiv2 Account Registration popup when I try to play the game. I fill in the details, click register, but nothing happens. Lame.

Esch

Banned

youll be straight. I played Witcher 2 on a gt240m and it was fine.

Once I get The Last Remnant, I am officially done with the Steam sale. And as a result of the Steam sale, and almost having 300 unplayed games on Steam, I am forcing myself to play in strict order at least 100 games. I cannot play any other games and I have to follow these games in order.

Bold means I've beaten it. Only 99 games left guys!

1. Batman: Arkham City
2. Half-Life
3. Half-Life Expansions
4. Half-Life 2
5. Half-Life 2 Expansions
6. Ys Origin
7. Red Faction
8. Red Faction 2
9. Red Faction Guerrilla
10. Red Faction Armageddon
11. Legend of Grimrock
12. The Witcher
13. The Witcher 2
14. Bioshock
15. Bioshock 2
16. Dead Space
17. Dead Space 2
18. Metro 2033
19. DiRT 2
20. DiRT 3
21. F1 2011
22. Deus Ex
23. Deus Ex: Invisible War
24. Deus Ex: Human Revolition – The Missing Link
25. STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
26. STALKER: Call of Pripyat
27. Heroes of Might and Magic V
28. Amnesia
29. Vampire: The Masquerade
30. LA Noire
31. Thief Gold
32. Thief 2
33. Thief Deadly Shadows
34. Max Payne
35. Max Payne 2
36. Driver San Francisco
37. King’s Bounty: Armored Princess
38. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
39. Portal
40. Portal 2
41. Payday: The Heist
42. Left 4 Dead 2
43. Rome: Total War
44. Hitman: Codename 47
45. Hitman 2
46. Hitman Blood Money
47. Limbo
48. Bastion
49. Cave Story+
50. Binding of Isaac
51. Shank
52. Trine
53. Painkiller
54. Painkiller Redemption
55. Painkiller Overdose
56. Painkiller Resurrection
57. Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
58. Tropico 3
59. Costume Quest
60. Fallout
61. Fallout 2
62. Fallout Tactics
63. Titan Quest
64. Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
65. Doom 3
66. Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
67. Quake
68. Quake 2
69. Quake 3
70. Quake 4
71. Star Wars: Force Unleashed
72. Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2
73. Dungeon Siege
74. Dungeon Siege 2
75. Dungeon Siege 3
76. Elder Scrolls III
77. Dungeon Defenders
78. Greed: Black Border
79. Sacred: Gold
80. King Arthur: The Role-Playing Wargame
81. Sequence
82. Psychonauts
83. Terraria
84. Grand Theft Auto IV
85. Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
86. Mafia
87. Midnight Club II
88. Star Wars: Dark Forces
89. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
90. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
91. Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
92. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
93. Company of Heroes
94. Serious Sam: The First Encounter
95. Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
96. Ghostbusters: The Video Game
97. Saint’s Row: The Third
98. Freedom Force
99. Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich
100. Gothic II: Gold Edition

The_Monk

Quick question fellow GAFfers, if one PC can handle Fallout 3 then it can also handle Fallout New Vegas or is F:NV a more demanding games regarding specs?

I'm aiming for Medium settings at worst. Thanks in advance.

bigace33

I'm dying to buy Waves, but after trying the demo I found out that my controller wasn't being detected, and mapping the keys through xpadder made my right thumbstick only able to fire in 45 degree angles =/ anyone know of any solution to this? My controller is a PS2 controller connected to the PC through a USB adapter... never had any problem with it...

Also, how's Splinter Cell: Conviction?

Conviction is awesome. A lot of people hated it but I thought it was a really good, fast paced, action game. Graphics look amazing on my comp as well.

Decker

my situation = huge backlog + not much spare time

question: Witcher 2.49$ ?

It feels like a crime leaving there at this price but I already have lots of games I have not even started

also I like action RPG, but I don't like exploring huge maps since every time I play the game I feel like I am lost as I cannot remember which areas I have already explored or in which ones I have still tasks to do

for this reason I have a love & hate attitude towards games like Fallout 3 / Stalker

I read it's a very nice game and I doubt it will drop any further in the future, but would it be worth waiting for a special Witcher 1 + Witcher 2 package during next winter sale ?

On the last day I'm gonna choose 2 ppl on GAF. PPl that I believe are worthy and gift them a game. My vetting process will be based on

1) Participation in thread ( both threads)
2) Voting
3) Number of games acquired ( so post it if you haven't)
4) How cool your avatar is

These games are prob gonna be games over 5 dollars or 10 depending on how I feel.

Ledsen

YES Splinter Cell! Everyone buy it RIGHT NOW and play the brilliant deniable ops mode, single or Co-op! Just as fun as the older games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom