• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBud360

Splinter Cell Conviction is nearly unplayable on PC. There´s a lag bug, that only stops if you press ALT-TAB. So every 3 minutes you have to do that to play.

The_Monk

IIRC, it's more demanding but not by much.

It isn't particularly more demanding, but you'd want some optimization mods because there are a bunch of unfixed bugs and glitches.

With all the post-release patches, I'd say it is only a little bit more demanding that Fallout 3. There are also a few tweaks that you can do to remove some of the more taxing elements, I believe.

Thank you all for answering!

Dynoro

Splinter Cell Conviction is nearly unplayable on PC. There´s a lag bug, that only stops if you press ALT-TAB. So every 3 minutes you have to do that to play.

I never accounted this bug after playing through the game on PC - so it may be due to your hardware/software.

Armageddon is a solid game and at 5$ it's a no brainer.

Sure it's different than Guerilla, but the destruction and gameplay is still fun.

Also look up fov mods etc for Armageddon.

Hell no, that $5 could go to an even better game. I say to him to save it. Patience is a virtue to all who wait.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
hey guys how likely will devil may cry 4 go on daily/flash/community poll sale? its on sale for 10 bucks for the whole summer sale, but its not one of those games that get that much attention, but is too high profile for steam to give a little love either.

but if in doubt, wait until the last day i guess

gdt

Just finished Binary Domain.

Its a really, really solid 3rd person shooter. Its not shaking anything up, but its charming, funny, looks good, plays great, and has a good story. Decent enough music, and it took me 12 hours on the hardest available difficulty. Too bad we'll never get a sequel.

Buy it. I don't have a Japan fetish or anything.

Edit: Destroying robots and watching their armor and limbs peel off feels soooogoood.

Double D

I really liked Armageddon. Just have to not get hung up on the fact that it isn't open world and accept it for what is, which is a great corridor shooter with an awesome magnet gun.

Woah

XqJiB.png

I find it funny I can vote for Risen even though if it wins I can't buy it because it's not available in Australia.

Good thing I already own it.

Cudder

Is it worth the extra 1.24$ to get the Deluxe version of Conviction? What is Infiltration mode?

The standard copy comes with the Co-op/Deniable Ops mode, right?

Which Splinter Cell game has the best multiplayer (versus and/or co-op)? I was thinking fo picking up Double Agent for a couple of friends since it is only $2.50 a copy. I remember the Spy and Agent gameplay in the earlier games being fun for 4 people. Does this game have that mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom