• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

I already have Chaos Theory, are the older Spinter Cell games cool? the screenshots make them look very dated, are the mechanics going to be dated too?

How does SC:Chaos Theory play nowadays on modern pc's?

worked perfectly for me on Windows 7

Double D

LHOAj.gif

therapist

Man whats with all the conviction hate? Its a decent game

I shall buy it , just to try that deniable ops mode which i somehow never played.

If anyone wants to play later tonight - add beetlejuice622 on steam!

Never bought Limbo either might pick that up.

Is it worth the extra 1.24$ to get the Deluxe version of Conviction? What is Infiltration mode?

The standard copy comes with the Co-op/Deniable Ops mode, right?

No, infiltration mode is not worth extra money. You can unlock it for free through the uplay system by spending points that you earn while playing the game.

And yes, the standard copy comes with co-op. There's DLC that adds more levels I believe.

To those of you who are still unaware, when a game goes on a flash sale, every game in that franchise tends to get the same discount. As a result, anyone sitting on the fence about Conviction who has yet to play a splinter cell, stop what you are doing.

Find Chaos Theory, buy it for £2.44 (3 something in your american dollars) and sit back with smug satisfaction knowing that you've picked up the best the franchise has to offer.

Lain

The Last Remnant losing saddens me, but it's also helpful for me, because with it losing I can keep my Alpha Protocol wait going. I just need to be strong now and not let some interesting offers sway me.

Edit: lol saw Risen as a community vote... voted for it but I hope it loses or my Alpha Protocol wait will not end well!

jono51

Banned
Once I get The Last Remnant, I am officially done with the Steam sale. And as a result of the Steam sale, and almost having 300 unplayed games on Steam, I am forcing myself to play in strict order at least 100 games. I cannot play any other games and I have to follow these games in order.

Bold means I've beaten it. Only 99 games left guys!

<Huge list>

Good luck with that dude. I mean, that must be at least 700 hours of games right there, haha.

haikira

To those of you who are still unaware, when a game goes on a flash sale, every game in that franchise tends to get the same discount. As a result, anyone sitting on the fence about Conviction who has yet to play a splinter cell, stop what you are doing.

Find Chaos Theory, buy it for £2.44 (3 something in your american dollars) and sit back with smug satisfaction knowing that you've picked up the best the franchise has to offer.

This man does speak the truth. Chaos Theory is great stuff.

I don't hate Conviction, as much as the average person around here. But if it's choice between Conviction or Chaos Theory. Ha! Fuck Conviction.

EDIT: Also worth pointing out. Double Agent had a god awful PC port. So avoid that for sure.

Derrick01

Banned
You people now have yet another chance to buy the current 2012 GOTY Crusader Kings 2. I lost track on how many times it has been up for sale but there's no excuse now. Buy the shit out of this and get the game of thrones mod.

Tomodachi

Really torn about the poll, I don't own any of the three and they're of a genre that might interest me.

I ask you gaf, what is the best game of the three?

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I think I'm just about done this sale. I'm pretty shocked actually, there's almost nothing left on Steam that I want. Maybe 5 or 6 games in my wishlist that might go on a daily, but that's it. So far this sale I've picked up:

Botanicula
Crusader Kings 2
Dear Esther
Frozen Synapse
Galactic Civilizations 2
Gemini Rue
Greed Corp
Hard Reset
Legend of Grimrock
Medieval Total War 2
Mirror's Edge
PixelJunk Eden
Plants vs Zombies
Saints Row the Third
Take on Helicopters
Tiny Bang Story
Trine 2
Witcher Enhanced Edition
Ys Origin
Ys Oath in Felghana

Pretty unbelievable really when I look at the full list. I already had several of these as well, I just added them to my Steam library for the sake of convenience. I need to stop buying games and start playing!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hmm, I was gifted BG&E by a friend, and I'm not seeing any of the problems people are having with it. No out-of-sync audio or flickering textures here, and the game runs great (getting a constant 60 fps, except for some occasional and very minor microstuttering).

My only issue with it is the forced letterboxing, which combined with the lack of a true widescreen mode (the widescreen resolutions that are available stretch the game) means that I'm getting thick black bars on all sides.

I voted Divinity 2, Im sorry for those that also want it. By voting for it, based off the community vote results so far, all Ive done by voting for it is kill any chance it has of winning.

I cant remember if Ive voted for a game thats won yet.

This man does speak the truth. Chaos Theory is great stuff.

I don't hate Conviction, as much as the average person around here. But if it's choice between Conviction or Chaos Theory. Ha! Fuck Conviction.

EDIT: Also worth pointing out. Double Agent had a god awful PC port. So avoid that for sure.

So Chaos Theory is absolutely the best Splinter Cell multiplayer experience? It is really old at this point, there isn't one of the newer games that has most of the functionality?

How many players does it support?

Is it a pain in the ass to get the multiplayer working on PC (i.e. does it require lots of port fording, static IPs, etc. etc.)

I might be buying it for a few friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom