• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, infiltration mode is not worth extra money. You can unlock it for free through the uplay system by spending points that you earn while playing the game.

And yes, the standard copy comes with co-op. There's DLC that adds more levels I believe.

Thank you.

I have a unplayed physical copy of Chaos Theory not redeemable on Steam. In fact, none of my game disc are, and I unplugged DVD drive because I don't like the boot up noises :(

megalowho

No interest in Splinter Cell, but kinda glad TLR lost - I can't see myself playing that anytime soon and I probably would have bought it at that price. I'm ok with saving money.

Voted for Risen. Kinda feel the same way as I did with TLR on this one, so.. your move, Steam community.

For anyone picking up Crusader Kings II, Sword of Islam is easily the most substantial of the DLC. Sucks that it's still listed at full price right now, it was $2.49 (75%) earlier in the sale.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For anyone who has never played the Splinter Cell series and likes Stealth games, you owe it to yourself to pick it up. Chaos Theory and Conviction also have great co-op campaigns, though for Chaos theory you'll have to do an indirect mean to play it online as the official servers closed a couple years back (but you can still play online co-op on it unofficially).

Bri

I feel genuinely bad about not buying Amnesia, so cheap and praised. But not being able to continue playing Penumbra because I'm so scared, just makes me feel its a waste. Hopefully the devs decide to make a game in another genre. Sadface.

Dusk Golem

damn, i want risen but im at work D:D:D:D:

Risen's not actually on sale yet, it's just a choice people can vote for. If it wins, you should be off work while it's on sale as it still has over 7 hours of voting to go, and then will be available for several hours.

For anyone who has never played the Splinter Cell series and likes Stealth games, you owe it to yourself to pick it up. Chaos Theory and Conviction also have great co-op campaigns, though for Chaos theory you'll have to do an indirect mean to play it online as the official servers closed a couple years back (but you can still play online co-op on it unofficially).

Ok this is a bad sign to me. Unofficial online support is usually very janky (Phantasy Star Blue Burst being the exception). Am I going to have a ton of fucking problems and have to try to walk all my friends through port forwarding bullshit? If so, no way.

You people now have yet another chance to buy the current 2012 GOTY Crusader Kings 2. I lost track on how many times it has been up for sale but there's no excuse now. Buy the shit out of this and get the game of thrones mod.

I did not want this. I did not want to want this.

I am powerless to resist your demands.

<bought>

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Double Agent and Conviction are the two SC games I haven't played. The consensus is to avoid?

Fireblend

Banned
Does anyone here have personal impressions on Machinarium?

It's fun, very enjoyable, the atmosphere and art style is amazing and so is the soundtrack. The puzzles are pretty good and logical for the most part, and the length is just right. Very worth it at the price point it's at.

Tomodachi

Sneak peek from the next wave of flash deals.

TLwPV.jpg

Giran

For the people that played Drakan: Divinity 2 is pretty much like a spiritual sequel to that. But with more RPG elements and you don't ride a dragon, you are a goddamn Dragon (Knight).

Geoff9920

You people now have yet another chance to buy the current 2012 GOTY Crusader Kings 2. I lost track on how many times it has been up for sale but there's no excuse now. Buy the shit out of this and get the game of thrones mod.
There's a Game of Thrones mod for this? :O I just picked this up from the recent Amazon Paradox bundle; I'll have to check this mod out.

How does Metro 2033 compare to the Stalker series? I missed out on Stalker: Call for Pripyat, but it's what I had my eye on. I'm curious how the two titles weight up against each other.

gdt

Double Agent and Conviction are the two SC games I haven't played. The consensus is to avoid?

Dunno about DA, but Conviction is awesome and a very accesible stealth game. I guess the co-op mode is more of a hardcore stealth thing, but I never touched it. Might soon though.

Crusader Kings 2 is kind of catching my attention now

Is it all about scheming or are there large scales battles and stuff like the Total War games?

Gala

Would totally buy it, but my last steam wallet money is reserved for War for Cybertron. Maybe during the winter sale...

Geoff9920

How does Metro 2033 compare to the Stalker series? I missed out on Stalker: Call for Pripyat, but it's what I had my eye on. I'm curious how the two titles weight up against each other.
I've only played both for a couple hours but I can tell you straight away that Metro 2033 is very linear while Stalker is a wide open sandbox.

Dusk Golem

Ok this is a bad sign to me. Unofficial online support is usually very janky (Phantasy Star Blue Burst being the exception). Am I going to have a ton of fucking problems and have to try to walk all my friends through port forwarding bullshit? If so, no way.

On Conviction, no problems since the game has online severs and will for the forseeable future. Recent game. Chaos theory however is a 7 year old game, but the servers actually work pretty well as the tool to play online was released on PC so players couple play for themselves. It does need outside clients though. If you ever hosted a Terraria or Minecraft server, it's something like that. Some good helpful tutorials I can link to as well if anybody has issues.

Again, this happens with dedicated servers when a game gets older unfortunately, but due to the way that PC and the internet work multiplayer games can still be supported post official support, though can be aided by support. It's up to you, but on Chaos Theory I would say the single player is worth the price alone, and the co-op campaign is fantastic as well.

gdt

Metro 2033 is like accesible Stalker. Couldn't get into Stalker (I'll go back to it!) but I ended up really enjoying Metro. Give it awhile to dig in.

Edit: And its linear/chapter based.

Ultimadrago

It's fun, very enjoyable, the atmosphere and art style is amazing and so is the soundtrack. The puzzles are pretty good and logical for the most part, and the length is just right. Very worth it at the price point it's at.

AMAZING art
AMAZING music
MEH puzzles. A couple solutions that make no goddamn sense in that classic adventure way
AMAZING hint book
CUTE VERY CUTE story

Buy it.

This guy knows his shit. Buy he said!

Loud and clear.

I'll bite! Thanks.

ElyrionX

Surely you guys weren't expecting a JRPG, of all games, to win the community vote? This is Steam. On the PC. It stood no chance at all.

I've only played both for a couple hours but I can tell you straight away that Metro 2033 is very linear while Stalker is a wide open sandbox.

Metro 2033 is like accesible Stalker. Couldn't get into Stalker (I'll go back to it!) but I ended up really enjoying Metro. Give it awhile to dig in.

Edit: And its linear/chapter based.

Thanks. I feel shameful for not picking up a copy of Stalker: CoP for myself now. I bought it for my Housemate.

Definitely avoid Double Agent.
It's more of a Splinter Cell game than Conviction. If you don't want the barely stealth action quick fast shoot bang explosions of Conviction, Double Agent at least performs as a Splinter Cell game.

Now I've heard bad things about the port, and it's definitely not as good as Chaos Theory, but it's really not all that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom