• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copenap

I've bought it but haven't played enough to confirm this but supposedly Sword of Islam is the best DLC.

Can't say much about the dlc either but I'm happy with the vanilla game and I'm sure that's enough for my CK II fix. Still on my first "play through" clocking something like 15 hours and about to found the british empire.

This would be so wonderful if it was actually happening*. Between the community vote, flash deals and dailies, a good chunk of the featured items haven't been "Wow, what's that?" so much as "Wow, that again?"

* Minor exaggeration, but Steam could be doing so much better with this. So much better.

Indeed. I wonder how front-page deals get picked. There are a trove of lesser-known games at heavy discounts that deserve to get checked out but won't because they don't get any front page exposure.

Shurayuki

I'll just skip this vote, the chance of it screwing up and not giving the "vote every day" cheevo is pretty slim right? (got the 20 votes phew).

I really wonder why there are hidden flash deals every day.

Here in Germany you can also buy The Whispered World for -75%.

That's not really hidden flash sales, just games with big discounts which aren't advertised (either it's a conspiracy by gaben against them, or well the other just seemed more important).
My wishlist told me that and Aaaaaa.[..] for the awesome have been -75 for the whole sale.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
When did the prices stop showing up on wishlists? Was looking over mine and had to visit the store page for each one to check prices.

Yeah, that's really annoying.

But it still works in the browser for some reason, or at least it did last time I checked.

Edit: Or not, I'm just way late here.

Yea this seems like one of their truly "hidden" flash deals since it was the same the last time it appeared (it was actually seeing a poster listing it in his/her haul that notified me that it existed).

But it guess it will be in the limelight soon

The problem is it doesn't even show up when you click on MP3, like a lot of the other past games do in other series. Like when you click on fallout:NV it also shows you FO3.

Me and my friends are still torn on which Splinter Cell to get.

We want good multiplayer but we also want a fairly modern looking game that isn't a pain in the ass to set up online play. Since one of my friends probably wouldn't be buying (he is still a poor college student with no cash), price is also an issue since I'd be ponying up for 2 copies, personally.

MRORANGE

I should do this:

zsUbJ.jpg

Ultimadrago

In the spirit of giving, I have purchased a Plants vs. Zombies (for the plebs that STILL haven't bought this yet!) Please leave it to just those that do not have the game.

The requirement!....an uncreative MATH PROBLEM! (make sure you post your Steam Id afterwards or I won't count it)

3 + 2 + 67 - 9 x 9 - 2 x 3 x .5 = ?

Wunder

OK - it seems like if you have 10 games and under on your wishlist, you don't see prices. However, 11+ somehow activates it back up, so it's probably a bug, or they want you to use the wishlist a lot.

In the spirit of giving, I have purchased a Plants vs. Zombies (for the plebs that STILL haven't bought this yet!) Please leave it to just those that do not have the game.

The requirement!....an uncreative MATH PROBLEM! (make sure you post your Steam Id afterwards or I won't count it)

-12 ?

EA has put Dead Space / Dragon Age / Need for Speed stuff on sale already. So they're not averse to it, maybe it'll happen. We have just a few days left though, not sure how it'll turn out.

Maybe there's some hope then. I mean with BF3 being out, idk who is actually still buying BC2. I played the hell out of it on 360 and just wanted to double dip for cheap.

Jobacca

Neo Member

-12 equate46

OK - it seems like if you have 10 games and under on your wishlist, you don't see prices. However, 11+ somehow activates it back up, so it's probably a bug, or they want you to use the wishlist a lot.

I have 20 and encounter this, just refresh a few times and they will show up, for me at least.

Edit: Im so slow and I answered wrong hahahaha

Fireblend

Banned
As we prep for the 10AM sales and another discount on SR3, would anyone want to help me clear my inventory?

Max Payne, Max Payne 2, HL2 Ep 1 and Nuclear Dawn. Free o' charge, shoot me a PM.

Don't want any games, just wanted to say the people doing the giveaways and gifting games for free are pretty cool, thanks for keeping things fun while we wait to be disappointed with the new dailies batch!

Is the Crusader Kings 2 collection the better buy over just the game itself?

Sword of Islam (which isn't in the collection) is the only DLC that really matters, and even that is only if you intend to play as a Muslim character. The collection just adds some cosmetic stuff, so it depends on how much you value those few dollars, but it's not needed.

Shurayuki

Man, that Crusader Kings II trailer makes a damn good case for a purchase.

Apart from suffering from acute Stack of Doomeritis and annoying random events (rulers with good stats will always inexplicably die, yet the ones who suck are cockroaches i tell ya) Paradox games are some of the most fascinatingly deep strategy games you will find.
For most nations, you will have to give up your dreams of grandeur though, just staying alive/unvassaled will be hard as nails especially in europe (is this only europe? never understood, always played japan in europa universalis)

It takes a while to get to grips with how to do anything, but these games are pretty amazing once they ironed out the bugs that their releases are infamous for.

bonesquad

Botanicula is less a game and more an interactive story book. You help an band of weird forest creatures complete their journey to save their tree from parasitic invaders. In each level, you can visit a lot of different areas and meet all kinds of weird creatures. The puzzles element are minor, most of them can be completed by clicking on a complete of objects until you are done. While not as consistent as Machninarium, it looks incredible. Each area is filled with all kinds of creatures/leaving/whatever moving around. The sound, both music and sound effects, other is also superb. Overall Botanicula is incredibly charming adventure.

Dang. I really enjoyed Machinarium, but I don't think I'd enjoy Botanicula as an interactive story. Watching the GB Quick Look just now gave me the same impression. I was hoping for another atmospheric puzzle game like Machinarium. Oh well.

Dang. I really enjoyed Machinarium, but I don't think I'd enjoy Botanicula as an interactive story. Watching the GB Quick Look just now gave me the same impression. I was hoping for another atmospheric puzzle game like Machinarium. Oh well.

I don't agree with that assessment. Sure, it doesn't have as much exploration as a traditional point-and-click adventure game but the puzzles are still there and they are challenging. You won't be gliding through the game like you would a storybook.

MrBud360

wut

I played it with a 360 pad, never had a single problem.

I Have a Windows 7 64bits, Geforce 570 and Intel i5 2500k. All my games runs flawless, just Splinter Cell have this problem. The game runs with really well, but in 3 minutes everything becomes slowmotion, until i press ALT-TAB and return to the game. If you go to the Ubisoft forum, there is a lot of people with the same problem. And Ubisoft does nothing about it. Anyway the game is great, even with this anoying thing. I love Splinter Cell franchise. Played all the games. Just wished Conviction had no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom