• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up Pendulo collection and DS3 collection. Down to $65. No more $10 games or packs. I am getting too close to running out of my budget!

Part of me can't wait for these sales to be over so i can playbe some games instead of buying them but I will miss the fast paced threads where we talk about pc games. Not enough threads dedicated to us pc guys.

Quick, play all the Pendulo games and tell me how they are in the next 2 hours!

MRORANGE

It's telling me that I have to create a "Electronic Arts Classic Screen Name Persona", and then tells me "The screen name and password you entered appears to be invalid" when I do add the details. Wonderful system they've got there.

You really shouldn't need to jump through all those hoops for a game which you purchased for on another service.

marrec

Banned
I didn't see an answer to this, but I'm wondering the same thing. Yesterday looked great in the GB quick look, but are the other games any good? I haven't read much about the Runaway games except what B_Rik says here and that's not sounding real great.

Anyone out there with any experience with the games?

Yesterday is not as good as Runaways in any way so if you did not like that one then I’d avoid Yesterday. The story is interesting but everything else about it seems lazy. I would not recommend anyone play it.

This is so amazing.

It's my first ever Steam Summer Sale.

I just got Dear Esther and the whole Penumbra Collection (two things I had wanted since finishing Amnesia) for not even 8 €!

My PC isn't that great so I'm really reluctant to buy stuff such as AC although I still haven't bought AC:R... (played all of the other on my 360) But... dat price.

Well, still a few hours to go to make up my mind.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This is so amazing.

It's my first ever Steam Summer Sale.

I just got Dear Esther and the whole Penumbra Collection (two things I had wanted since finishing Amnesia) for not even 8 €!

My PC isn't that great so I'm really reluctant to buy stuff such as AC although I still haven't bought AC:R... (played all of the other on my 360) But... dat price.

Well, still a few hours to go to make up my mind.
I know the feeling :3

Yesterday is not as good as Runaways in any way so if you did not like that one then I’d avoid Yesterday. The story is interesting but everything else about it seems lazy. I would not recommend anyone play it.

Thanks for the response. It sounds like I should just stick to some of the classic adventure games I haven't picked up yet.

Benedict

Pendulo collection was the first purchase over €10, bringing it up to €47.

So far:
Sega Mega Drive Classics 5 - Complete 4.50 EUR (incl phantasy star games II-IV)
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb 1.49 EUR
PixelJunk Eden 1.80 EUR
Worms Reloaded - GOTY Upgrade 1.49 EUR
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012) 8.99 EUR
The Bard's Tale 2.24 EUR
Dear Esther 1.99 EUR
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Five 9.99 EUR
Red Faction Guerrilla 2.49 EUR
Pendulo Adventure Pack 14.99 EUR
Mirror's Edge 2.49 EUR

Here is my current wish-list, cough cough.
Anything missing?

Edit: by the way, UFO: Aftermath is free on greenmangaming.com (referal link for $2 discount on your next purchase) for 24 hrs.

Chairhome

As gross as it sounds, I'm considering trading some stuff in to Gamestop for this sale (extra 30% trade-in towards Steam Wallet cards, I've heard)

Jimrpg

AC1 - more of a proof of concept than anything. Very slow and repetitive. Skip.
AC2 - dumbed down in a sense, but a ton of fun. The characters are likable and the story is somewhat interesting. I quite enjoyed it.
ACB - an improvement over AC2 in every way. The combat works a lot better this time around. Ends on a pretty big cliffhanger. One of my favorite games this gen.
ACR - haven't actually played it yet...will do so soon.

to the person asking about AC

can't go wrong with $5 really so I recommend ACII or ACB

but to be honest - ACII is a pretty bad game... all the mechanics are bad... combat, climbing etc etc clunky as shit... i mean just compare the combat in this game to the combat in demon's souls.... its just about impossible to die with all the health regens... and the bad guys just poke you one at a time...

the only good thing about the games are that you can run around old italian towns...

the game is just a bunch of buildings with killing missions, i.e. go kill this dude and come back for a cut scene.

id wait on ACR until it hits $5 as well...

1-D_FTW

to the person asking about AC

can't go wrong with $5 really so I recommend ACII or ACB

but to be honest - ACII is a pretty bad game... all the mechanics are bad... combat, climbing etc etc clunky as shit... i mean just compare the combat in this game to the combat in demon's souls.... its just about impossible to die with all the health regens... and the bad guys just poke you one at a time...

the only good thing about the games are that you can run around old italian towns...

the game is just a bunch of buildings with killing missions, i.e. go kill this dude and come back for a cut scene.

id wait on ACR until it hits $5 as well...

I have the two later AC games, but are you saying climbing/platforming gets better? Because I love the tombs, but towards the end of 2, I just quit playing since it controlled like shit.

Danielsan

I'm eyeing the Indie Bundle V after Yoshichan's Ys recommendation. However, I already bought Audiosurf yesterday. What are the odds that I get a giftable copy of Audiosurf if I purchase the bundle?

Also just jumped on Metro 2033. Couldn't resist at €2,50.

Nabs

I'm eyeing the Indie Bundle V after Yoshichan's Ys recommendation. However, I already bought Audiosurf yesterday. What are the odds that I get a giftable copy of Audiosurf if I purchase the bundle?

Also just jumped on Metro 2033. Couldn't resist at €2,50.

You won't get a second copy, but you will earn my respect.

vocab

What's the difference between a flash deal and a daily deal?

daily last for 48 hours, flash sale is a set time before that deal is gone. It's looking like Capcom only uses flash sales because they value their old ass games like DMC3 so much.

kafiend

I concur. If you think AC1 is one of the worst games of all time, you are truly blessed, because it means you've never actually played a truly crap game.

One of the two reasons that I do not currently own any of the AC games.

Reason 1.
Bought AC installed, loaded, lolled at it. I then did exactly what anyone should do. turned it off, uninstalled it and generally forgot its entire future franchise existence.

Reason 2.
Now this is where the franchises potential redemption always falls over for me.

Theres a Deluxe edition? http://store.steampowered.com/app/48190
Theres a Directors Cut? http://store.steampowered.com/app/15100/
Theres a Gold Edition? http://store.steampowered.com/sub/13858/
Theres a Pack? http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14728/

And yeah I know these are for different games in the franchise but the point remains. By the time you've clicked on a couple of things, seen Assassin Creed Brotherhood/Gold/Deluxe/Digitial written a few times in among its various iterations. Read a few opinions of the games. Especially when people insist on writing Ass Creed/AssBro/AssRev You have no fucking idea whats relevant, whats what, whats good, whats shit, whats worth the time.

I can click stuff. I can get confused. I can quite easily just walk away.

I asked this in the new pc thread too, but I just bought all the parts for a new PC, thanks to the 20 games I bought from this sale.

What do you guys recommend for wireless keyboards? Looking at a $50 budget.

Thanks!

Owzers

What's the verdict on Europa 3? I almost bought Age of Empires 3 and earlier Binding of Isaac without knowing that i already owned both ( Age of Empires on games for windows which i never access and BoI on humble bundle)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think I love Ys Origin more and more... I love how everything goes ultra quiet before a boss. Reminds me of Zelda: OoT, sooooo good!

marrec

Banned
One of the two reasons that I do not currently own any of the AC games.

Reason 1.
Bought AC installed, loaded, lolled at it. I then did exactly what anyone should do. turned it off, uninstalled it and generally forgot its entire future franchise existence.

Did Assassin's Creed kill your childhood sweetheart in a fit of jealous rage at the prom or something? Your hyperbolic vitriol towards it is boarding on cute.

*pinches cheeks*

jsnepo

A flash deal lasts less time.

None.

Flash deals last for much shorter time - could be 6 or 8 or 12h. Dailies last 36h.

Daily deals last 36 hours, flash deals much less (up to 12?).

daily last for 48 hours, flash sale is a set time before that deal is gone. It's looking like Capcom only uses flash sales because they value their old ass games like DMC3 so much.

Thanks. I guess they're basically the same then. Crysis bought!

vocab

What's the verdict on Europa 3? I almost bought Age of Empires 3 and earlier Binding of Isaac without knowing that i already owned both ( Age of Empires on games for windows which i never access and BoI on humble bundle)

Crusader Kings 2 is a better game, especially for people that want to play a grand strategy game and not be floored at the amount of sheer complexity they have. Europa is buggy since you cant even play the tutorial without the expansions.

squid

Hmm, I've been waiting to see if Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity gets any cheaper, but now that I've seen Rebellion and what it includes, I'm having difficulty choosing between them.

If Rebellion drops enough, I'll probably go for that, but otherwise I'll just go for Trinity I think. What are the chances of either of them (especially Rebellion) being a daily deal/flash sale?

kafiend

Did Assassin's Creed kill your childhood sweetheart in a fit of jealous rage at the prom or something? Your hyperbolic vitriol towards it is boarding on cute.

*pinches cheeks*

I like how you find it cute, your arn't my type tho.

*pats ass on way past*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom