• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are blowing this voting thing out of proportion. The steam sale has been going for 4 days and we have had 15 votes so far. There are another 5 days left which means there will probably be another 15 community polls to go. So even if you missed 1 or 2 polls you will still be able to get ALL of the "achievements" in the summer sale badge.

i just wish i knew what my real total is actually at now since i thought i had voted in all of them. They should have the tracking progress. Who knows if i have now missed from the "vote each day" achievement. It doesn't help their voting is usually broken for half the time lately

biocat

Stayed up a bit to late watching DayZ videos.....please Gaben put ARMA up at some point. I want to try this mod badly
I actually have Arma II vanilla from gmg when it was free once. Is it easy enough to combine from separate retailers for modding purposes? Anyone know?

Just bought L4D2.

14af359aa586642a8fcd51119d829955.png

Dipswitch

Whats everyone's thoughts on the Assassins Creed series? I never really heard anything about it from my friends.

This is the truth about the series (WARNING: Unpopular opinion from old gamer).

• AC is one of the worst games of all time. If anybody tries to tell you otherwise, politely tell them to go away.
  • AC2 is pretty much the same as AC, but somehow manages to be an extremely good game. This was some sort of water to wine voodoo magic but it worked. It has all the good and bad parts of modern gaming, including that it goes on forever and there is actually very little to do outside the story, but it does pull you along and you will really enjoy your time with it.
  • AC B and R after are the exact same game as AC2 with a different hat each time. As such they are good games, but it is pointless to play them if you have gone through one already. The gameplay just isn't particularly fun or engaging.
So if you want to get into the series, just pick one game you want and play it. Might as well play AC Revelations which is the newer entry. You will not be up to date with the story, but the story is also complete rubbish, so don't be too concerned.

hey

dont listen to this guy

I concur. If you think AC1 is one of the worst games of all time, you are truly blessed, because it means you've never actually played a truly crap game.

I've only played AC 1 (I own parts 2 & 3) and I thought it was a very solid, if not utterly monotonous title. It's one of the few games I've gotten all of the achievements for on the 360, which means I put a staggering amount of hours into it. There is a very entertaining gameplay loop throughout and the combat never got stale for me. There just isn't a lot of variety gameplay-wise, so it's either going to be your cup of tea or it isn't.

Firebrand

GMG posted a new free game (UFO Aftermath, not Steam) with a 20% voucher code included. Quantum Conundrum can still be purchased at 46% off with the voucher, QC deal has expired though so hurry if you want that.

XOMTOR

I think people are blowing this voting thing out of proportion. The steam sale has been going for 4 days and we have had 15 votes so far. There are another 5 days left which means there will probably be another 15 community polls to go. So even if you missed 1 or 2 polls you will still be able to get ALL of the "achievements" in the summer sale badge.

Strangely some people are thinking that there'll be some sort of secret challenge unlocked if you manage to vote for every community choice. I doubt it. I enjoy participating but I'm not gonna worry about it if I miss 1 or 2.

MRORANGE

Strangely some people are thinking that there'll be some sort of secret challenge unlocked if you manage to vote for every community choice. I doubt it. I enjoy participating but I'm not gonna worry about it if I miss 1 or 2.

Secret access to HL3 yo.

Twinduct

Only found these four.

They used to be here, but got replaced with the 2012 stuff.

Thanks! Yeah, was looking for the summer ones. That Chunlee with the two left feet heh. but any will do at this stage for me heh

I'd suggest looking up the threads of previous sales as they typically have the backgrounds - like this

Awesome thanks, the one I found sometime ago was all removed, but the winter one is filled to the brim =)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shit's about to get real!

ImRight

Hiya dude, welcome.

Now take a pencil and try to write down the order in which you will finish those games.

...yup, you won't finish them all.

So try to order them: I'll play this first, then this, then that...

...haha, still can't orded them all?

So you bought something you won't even launch ONCE?

WELCOME TO STEAM SALES!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

LOL!!, Probably the truth, however i beg to differ on the last point, will at least launch em all to make sure they work n ect.....but i mean, even if i dont.... HOW CAN I NOT BUY THESE GAMES THAT ARE LIKE $12 OR EVEN $10 AND UNDER!!!! WHAT GABE? LESS THAN $5?... i dont... even, Just take my money.... just take it

whathaveyoudonefacebype.jpg

I concur. If you think AC1 is one of the worst games of all time, you are truly blessed, because it means you've never actually played a truly crap game.

I've only played AC 1 (I own parts 2 & 3) and I thought it was a very solid, if not utterly monotonous title. It's one of the few games I've gotten all of the achievements for on the 360, which means I put a staggering amount of hours into it. There is a very entertaining gameplay loop throughout and the combat never got stale for me. There just isn't a lot of variety gameplay-wise, so it's either going to be your cup of tea or it isn't.

Please go away :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Added you as well, somehow it didn't surprise me at all that you're a Swede as well.
The way I treated Diablo III might've made it too obvious, perhaps :lol

colinp

Banned
When is STALKER going on sale, damn it?!

Enough of the repeats, let's go STALKER!

And Just Cause 2 be tomorrow's daily!

This is the first time I've been tempted by a few titles at once.

I'm deciding between Crysis 2 (never finished the first), Rage (lots of mixed reaction to this game) and Dungeon Seige 3.

I may get DS3 and one of the two shooters.

TheExodu5

Banned
Whats everyone's thoughts on the Assassins Creed series? I never really heard anything about it from my friends.

AC1 - more of a proof of concept than anything. Very slow and repetitive. Skip.
AC2 - dumbed down in a sense, but a ton of fun. The characters are likable and the story is somewhat interesting. I quite enjoyed it.
ACB - an improvement over AC2 in every way. The combat works a lot better this time around. Ends on a pretty big cliffhanger. One of my favorite games this gen.
ACR - haven't actually played it yet...will do so soon.

StuBurns

Banned
ACB isn't an improvement in every area. The best thing about AC2 is the town ownership, and they completely fucked it up in ACB. That feeling of building up a specific area was great, it's like they didn't understand why it was good themselves. It's just a frustrating task in ACB.

TheExodu5

Banned
ACB isn't an improvement in every area. The best thing about AC2 is the town ownership, and they completely fucked it up in ACB. That feeling of building up a specific area was great, it's like they didn't understand why it was good themselves. It's just a frustrating task in ACB.

Ahh yeah forgot about that. Okay, a slight regression in that regard. There's still property ownership in Rome, but that was a bit of an exploration grind if anything.

colinp

Banned

Wow, I find it really strange that you found that to be the best part of AC2.

Just goes to show how divisive the games are, especially between AC2 and ACB.

marrec

Banned
This is the first time I've been tempted by a few titles at once.

I'm deciding between Crysis 2 (never finished the first), Rage (lots of mixed reaction to this game) and Dungeon Seige 3.

I may get DS3 and one of the two shooters.

I was one click away form getting DS Complete but backed off.

Diablo III is still running hot in my veins and Torchlight II will be out soon at some point.

Dungeon Siege Collection = bought.

Was going to pull the trigger on the Crysis collection but it's still too expensive in terms of Steam sale pricing.

StuBurns

Banned
Wow, I find it really strange that you found that to be the best part of AC2.

Just goes to show how divisive the games are, especially between AC2 and ACB.
I do still agree with him that Brotherhood is mostly better. Especially those little stealth instances, those were great. I really hoped they'd focus on those for the Vita game, given the lower system performance making open world less attractive, but seemingly not.

Adventure game fans please help.
I'm thinking of getting the Pendulo pack but the only game I ever played was one of the Runaways, I hated the writing in it, found it to be dry and flat, like place holder text no one got rid of, have they got better with Next Big Thing and Yesterday?

I didn't see an answer to this, but I'm wondering the same thing. Yesterday looked great in the GB quick look, but are the other games any good? I haven't read much about the Runaway games except what B_Rik says here and that's not sounding real great.

Anyone out there with any experience with the games?

I don't remember what it was like in Brotherhood but I think they just didn't have time to make it as robust as AC2, I also really liked the town building in that one.

Yoshichan

Steam is addicting as fuck and I never get to play my games... so it's time to handle this situation!

Time to continue Ys Origin :3

Add me while I'm playing! ----->Yoshichan <-----

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Picked up Pendulo collection and DS3 collection. Down to $65. No more $10 games or packs. I am getting too close to running out of my budget!

Part of me can't wait for these sales to be over so i can playbe some games instead of buying them but I will miss the fast paced threads where we talk about pc games. Not enough threads dedicated to us pc guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom