• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbo

yeah you guys can add me out of compassion has well. Username: tanbern.

I think I only have 4 guys on my list. Chris Wok, Toma-something and 2 whose names I've forgotten :(

nope, terrible, terrible game and I'm not sure how they've managed to make 4 of them. It's such an obvious hand holding, patronizing game. Hardly even a video game. And such a corny story line too. The Assassin's Creed series is pretty much what I think of when I think of bad gamer taste.

Lies

K' Dash

nope, terrible, terrible game and I'm not sure how they've managed to make 4 of them. It's such an obvious hand holding, patronizing game. Hardly even a video game. And such a corny story line too. The Assassin's Creed series is pretty much what I think of when I think of bad gamer taste.

A game is not bad just because you don't like it dude.

The way to say it is the following: "IMO the game is not good"

Pro tip for the people playing AC: Do not play the games in a row.

I play one AC game per year between thanksgiving and xmas and enjoy them a lot, in fact, I start to get the itch to play AC around october, so when the new game hits the stores hype is at maximum.

This. It was my annual winter break game. I picked up the last two on sale and played them within 6 months of each other. Too soon.

LiK

lol, okay

Volcynika

Appreciate the laugh this morning. I needed it!

yeah you guys can add me out of compassion has well. Username: tanbern.

I think I only have 4 guys on my list. Chris Wok, Toma-something and 2 whose names I've forgotten :(

I just added you...

Also Crysis 2 Maximum, not really sure if it's worth that much to me but I'm leaning towards buy.

Roto13

You've never actually played a bad game, have you?

ShaneB

Anyone is free to add me as well. Same username, always appreciate seeing folks on my Steam friendlist actually playing games! :p

marrec

Banned
Someone gift him Rollercoaster Rampage

"Rollercoaster Rampage is a terrible game, but no where near as bad as that abortion of design called Assassin's Creed. At least the UbiSoft team has a bar they can strive for in their next release if they only look to the developers of Rollercoaster Rampage."

Orayn

Wellp, I think I'm pretty much finished.

Terraria: $2.50
Garshasp the Monster Slayer: $1.25
Batman Arkham City: $10.09
L.A. Noire Complete: $7.50
Prince of Persia Complete: $12.24
Assassin's Creed 2: Gift
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood + Revelations: $21.08

Total Spent: $54.66
Vidya Gaems Acquired: 12
Average Price per Gaem: $4.56

This is the price of one recently released console game, and I probably have upwards of 100 hours of entertainment ahead of me. THANK YOU BASED GABEN!

Roto13

you're saying my taste is impeccable then?

If you've never played a bad game and are ragging on Assassin's Creed, which implies you've actually played Assassin's Creed, either it's not a bad game at all or you're going on the internet and complaining about games you haven't played.

So take that.

marrec

Banned
If you've never played a bad game and are ragging on Assassin's Creed, which implies you've actually played Assassin's Creed, either it's not a bad game at all or you're going on the internet and complaining about games you haven't played.

So take that.

Keep it up! Your logic puzzle will confuse his computerized brain.

;p

LiK

I say no, but I would only pay $5-10 for crysis 2. Graphics alone I don't give a fuck and the single player campaign sucks dicks, especially compared to Crysis 1.

kinda harsh. I liked C2 for its linearity more than the first game. beefy campaign.

So GTAIV lost a community vote, but hasn't shown up as a daily or flash, correct?

Because the IcEnhancer final version is being released today and will work on the Steam version with no downgrade required it seems.

IcEnhancer final version

BRING ON THE SALE PLS.

Gbraga

What's the better buy? Crysis 2 @ 12 bucks, or Rage @ 10 bucks?

Kinda want both. But kinda want my $$$ too...

Rage or the money.

kinda harsh. I liked C2 for its linearity more than the first game. beefy campaign.
I'm ok with linearity, but the campaign was just boring imo.

And the new power system sucks, I played the first and Warhead on a 360 controller and it worked just fine, they didn't need that dumbed down shit to work on consoles.

Really enjoyed the multiplayer beta though.

I say no, but I would only pay $5-10 for crysis 2. Graphics alone I don't give a fuck and the single player campaign sucks dicks, especially compared to Crysis 1.

That's kind of one reason why I hated C2. I'm tired of forced linearity in FPS games.

Give me stalker or give me death.

I agree about linearity, might grab it depending on the next two flash sales, oddly enough I'm both a huge graphics whore and huge gameplay whore so I do have a passing interest in C2.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I recall Crytek describing the setting change of Crysis 2 as "[an] urban jungle". Oh how mislead we were.

So with Witcher 2 being a community option (for the second time I believe?), does this mean it probably won't be a daily deal? 60% off is nice but I was hoping for something bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom