• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

froliq

Hmm, I've been waiting to see if Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity gets any cheaper, but now that I've seen Rebellion and what it includes, I'm having difficulty choosing between them.

If Rebellion drops enough, I'll probably go for that, but otherwise I'll just go for Trinity I think. What are the chances of either of them (especially Rebellion) being a daily deal/flash sale?

Pretty low I think. I don't remember them ever appearing in a sale. And rebellion isn't discounted at all currently.

marrec

Banned
I like how you find it cute, your arn't my type tho.

*pats ass on way past*

Oh! I get it, avoiding the actual question because I have a real-pic Avatar and your intimidated by my ravishing good looks. That's okay, I'll just chalk up your hatred of the AC series to the fact that you have terrible taste.

Even the first game was completely enjoyable if majorly flawed.

what are the current, as of this moment deals and prices? #NoAccessToSteamRightNow

These are the ones on the frontpage. Here is a list of the hidden ones.
s5hP5.jpg

I'm going to buy the Dungeon Siege III DLC, anyone know when you can access it in game?

I'm like 6 hours in? Its been awhile but I really should go back to DS3 since I did like it

Jimrpg

I have the two later AC games, but are you saying climbing/platforming gets better? Because I love the tombs, but towards the end of 2, I just quit playing since it controlled like shit.

:p

i only got ACII and got right up to the end before I quit :p

and getting ACB now during the sale...

i assume the climbing/platforming is more or less the same in the other two titles but others who have played all the titles will be more informed than me. But I agree with with you, the layouts of the tombs were really good... but it controlled like a big fat turd.

OIaRX.png

I tried to buy the pack and it took the money out of my PayPal but not my Steam wallet and says that. I want to buy this before it comes of sale....am I screwed cause that was my last £20 of the sale!

Gala

To buy Assassins Creed Brotherhood or not.....not much money left and a lot of smaller games on my wishlist left. Oh Gaben ;_;

Jimrpg

thats what i don't understand - so many ppl asking about which pack to get... does it matter if you get it on steam you're probably not going to play it anyway? amirite?

I'm always buying the standard edition and then if i like it i buy the rest... by the time I'm done with the vanilla version its time to move on to new games... but each to their own!

TheExodu5

Banned
:p

i only got ACII and got right up to the end before I quit :p

and getting ACB now during the sale...

i assume the climbing/platforming is more or less the same in the other two titles but others who have played all the titles will be more informed than me. But I agree with with you, the layouts of the tombs were really good... but it controlled like a big fat turd.

The controls are more or less the same. I find them incredibly fluid...my only issue is when I just want to run off a ledge and not jump (maybe there's a way to do that and I'm not aware of it). Otherwise, Ezio does pretty much what I tell him to do.

As for ACB vs. AC2...the platforming dungeons are even better this time around. :)

Ploid 3.0

I got GTA SA and it's looking strange. It seem like the color is set to 16bit or something.

Is this a common thing. Google isn't showing anything as I don't really know the name of this situation.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Jimrpg

The controls are more or less the same. I find them incredibly fluid...my only issue is when I just want to run off a ledge and not jump (maybe there's a way to do that and I'm not aware of it). Otherwise, Ezio does pretty much what I tell him to do.

As for ACB vs. AC2...the platforming dungeons are even better this time around. :)

in a lot of the AC2 dungeons it was a pretty tight squeeze so when ezio stuffed up which was often i would have to start all over again. its been a few years since i played it so i can't remember too well, but i do remember wishing there was a jump button rather than a freestyle button.

HoosTrax

You know it's bad when you've already forgotten which games you bought...

I just opened up a browser to look for things to install on my home PC. Start scanning down the list. "Oh yeah...Darksiders...I bought that last weekend didn't I...I knew that!"

Recall

I caved and bought the dungeon siege complete pack. Less than £6 for all the games is great even if DSIII is a little underwhelming.

Has Witcher 2 been on sale during this Summer Sale? Deciding weather to vote for it or Risen 2

It was 60% off in a flash sale if I'm remembering right.

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned already but for anyone who was waiting for the GMG Metro 2033 keys, they sent them out this morning.

Turnstyle

I'm holding out on 75% sales for BTTF and Jurassic Park.

Come on, just give me these Steam, and I'll be happy forever.

Well, for a few hours at least.

alba

Little is the new Big
All I have left to buy is JC2 once it finally gets a flash for 75% or a daily deal, come on gaben, don't let me down! :O

K' Dash

Pro tip for the people playing AC: Do not play the games in a row.

I play one AC game per year between thanksgiving and xmas and enjoy them a lot, in fact, I start to get the itch to play AC around october, so when the new game hits the stores hype is at maximum.

Oh! I get it, avoiding the actual question because I have a real-pic Avatar and your intimidated by my ravishing good looks. That's okay, I'll just chalk up your hatred of the AC series to the fact that you have terrible taste.

Even the first game was completely enjoyable if majorly flawed.

nope, terrible, terrible game and I'm not sure how they've managed to make 4 of them. It's such an obvious hand holding, patronizing game. Hardly even a video game. And such a corny story line too. The Assassin's Creed series is pretty much what I think of when I think of bad gamer taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom