• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

anddo0

Posted this in the Max Payne thread with no reply:

Pease Help:

I can't get the Steam version of this game to launch. It gets to the black screen and stays there. It got up to the R* screen a few times, and as far as the RSC sign in. But crashed again. My system is more than capable.

Anyone?

I'm guessing Driver isn't going to convert someone who isn't a big car game fan?

Looking at Splinter Cell for the coop.

Driver seems to need an internet connection to launch...

I'm not but really like D:SF, it has fun way of putting it's story over and the passengers of the people you jump into give some character to the game.

Also the wanna' be teen racers are great.

Why is Assassins Creed 1 so fucking boring besides the story quests? I have to kill the second three guys now and I hate this stupid sidequests. They ruin really ruin the game for me... My best friend is keep telling me that I should play through it because Assassins Creed II is really good...hrng

Honestly, you can just read the synopsis for part 1 and hop right on 2. This from the biggest AC fan ever

Agreed, not a bad game, it's just one of those things ("trendy" is apt) where people overhype what it in reality a somewhat niche game that they should be careful about recommending to everyone. Kind of like Dear Esther.

feel free to throw stuff at me now if you disagree with my assessment

Well I don't think it's much of a niche game, it is a classic 2D platformer/puzzle game with a very heavy coat of style, cool looking silhouettes and backgrounds...trouble is, once you get over it's cool looking graphics (and you will) it's not much more than a mediocre 2D puzzle game. Style over substance basically. Where's as for comparison's sake. PvZ has both, style and substance and even a little nice humour throw in there as an extra.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Agreed, not a bad game, it's just one of those things ("trendy" is apt) where people overhype what it in reality a somewhat niche game that they should be careful about recommending to everyone. Kind of like Dear Esther.
Very glad I missed the hype train on this one and went in with no real expectations. I like it so far, but am pretty sure I would have been majorly let down if I'd gone in thinking it was the next big thing.

Indeed but tomorrow's deals are the final new ones (going by previous sales anyway) and then the final day's deals will be a recap of other deals (unless I've mixed the days up).
Man, I assume you're right because of the historical basis...but I'm still hoping you're wrong. Really hoping. :|

It has GFWL DRM.

Man, fuck GFWL, it's the fucking worst...It's...It's...I'm starting to not mind it. It's kind of nice to have my PC and Xbox achievements in the same place, and the new app on my iPad is beautiful; the best way to show off your gaming collection. Okay, relax guys, I'm going back to feeling shameful.

HoosTrax

Man, fuck GFWL, it's the fucking worst...It's...It's...I'm starting to not mind it. It's kind of nice to have my PC and Xbox achievements in the same place, and the new app on my iPad is beautiful; the best way to show off your gaming collection. Okay, relax guys, I'm going back to feeling shameful.
I wonder if/when Fez gets ported over to PC, will it be infested with GFWL as well.

Why is Assassins Creed 1 so fucking boring besides the story quests? I have to kill the second three guys now and I hate this stupid sidequests. They ruin really ruin the game for me... My best friend is keep telling me that I should play through it because Assassins Creed II is really good...hrng
Should have just youtube or wiki it. It gets repetitive. Whenever I died, which was often, it would spawn me back at base. Guess what? Can't skip cutscenes.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
GAF, how do I make a movie for the Summer Sale badge?!
I just downloaded a YouTube video then re-uploaded it on my YT account that was linked to Steam. Once I got credit for having a video on Steam I deleted the video from my YT account.

Derrick01

Banned
Just noticed Far Cry 2 went up as a daily. It has its faults but it's one of the most ambitious and unique shooters I've ever played. I have a feeling I won't be saying the same for 3 but who knows.

Shurayuki

I don't understand how people haven't played that game yet, it's everywhere.

Well it's also on the forefront of...let's call it gaming-agnostic friendly games, so it's only natural many gaffers would avoid or just pay it no attention.

Personally, I play it like Starcraft, with builds and stuff, and if I screw up my build, I restart the level.
Gotta stay Gosu.

MRORANGE

I can't get it to record right. I tried it in CS:S and the .dem format was unsupported. If I make one in, say, TF2, will it work?

ANY VIDEO will work, steam does not check for the achievement. just upload something from windows movie maker or something.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hi, I just want to take a moment and implore everyone here to NOT buy Jamestown. It is a shitty imitation of vastly superior games. Horrible design, dismal aesthetics. Blech.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I wonder if/when Fez gets ported over to PC, will it be infested with GFWL as well.

Oh god, Fish really won't be able to escape those save file problems... :lol

Should have just youtube or wiki it. It gets repetitive. Whenever I died, which was often, it would spawn me back at base. Guess what? Can't skip cutscenes.

...I have no interest in AssCreed but that should be illegal. Like bust the studio doors down and arrest some devs. :|

HoosTrax

Been meaning to get DE:HR at some point, I guess that point is now!
Great game, and a lot more thought-provoking than the many generic shooters these days.

Amazing experience, loved playing it from start to finish, if you every liked the MGS series, and played more than one MGS games. You can't do wrong with this game.
DX:HR Missing Link felt very reminiscent of MGS2 in some ways.

paolo11

Wow, I'm disappointed Super Street Fighter 4 AE is not $9.99 again. I also am shameful I missed the sale. The Amazon one is not Steam active. I really need someone to gift me or trade for a better deal.

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
Crysis 2 ME doesn't have any DRM beyond Steam, correct? Tempted, I am, despite some folks expressing disappointment in the sequel.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
How are the shooting mechanics of Crysis 2, the AI, all that good stuff?

Gunplay is enjoyable, but the AI is some of the absolute worst I've seen. Enemies 'broke' constantly for me, either getting caught on ... well, anything, or just straight up stopped moving. Even without them falling apart, it was a pretty easy game for me on the hardest setting (post-human warrior or whatever) too.

Chavelo

Hi, I just want to take a moment and implore everyone here to NOT buy Jamestown. It is a shitty imitation of vastly superior games. Horrible design, dismal aesthetics. Also, I have no taste.

Bought it a while ago. Played it. Loved it.

Son, you so wrong.

Dorashot.jpg

Hater, no hating! Hater, no hating! HATER, NO HATING!

Enco

Thanks for the Driver/Splinter replies.

I think I'll pass on Driver. I'll consider Splinter. Sure they're cheap but I have plenty of games and I don't want a game I wont touch.

Are any of these daily deals or flash deals not repeats? It's a shame they're just rehashing the same famous games over and over when they are a ton of lesser known games that could benefit from the exposure.

Does anyone know how front page deals are picked? Does Valve pick them and get approval from the publisher, or do publishers apply to get selected?

HoosTrax

Hi, I just want to take a moment and implore everyone here to NOT buy Jamestown. It is a shitty imitation of vastly superior games. Horrible design, dismal aesthetics. Blech.
As someone who had no prior experience with shmups before Jamestown, I enjoyed it and found it very accessible. Maybe the shmup connoisseurs look down on it, but for your average Joe, I don't see how it could be considered a horrible game.

L-gon

Is Capsized as much of a no-brainer as it seems at $3.39? Any Metroidvania elements or is it more straightforward action/platforming?

Fireblend

Banned

What? How someone can be so wrong is beyond me. Jamestown is great =/ this is coming from someone who enjoys Touhou games and other shmups.

Anyway, huge shoutout to DukeBobby for gifting Splinter Cell: Conviction to me! :D thanks dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom