• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

paolo11

Like I said before, SSF4AE isn't currently a flash or daily sale. It is 50% off, but it's been cheaper multiple times this sale, and there's a chance it'll go cheaper again. Just be sure you want to buy it right now before you do, because it's possible you could be wasting money.

Yeah but the thing is it was $9.99 and I was stupid enough to miss it. I want to get it for that price

Just when you think how pointless these repeat sales on a certain game is, there has to be that one guy who managed to miss all of the ones up to this point.
Yeah, I didn't bite when I first saw it on a flash, and it was up for a vote last night, but I fell asleep. I'm a dolt. I've been trying to mostly avoid this year's sale. I've only bought a couple of games so far.

You're probably better off waiting for all the episodes to come out and pick it up in the winter sale so you're not stuck with any cliffhangers -- that's what I keep telling myself anyway.
But then you miss out on all the discussion in the OT/episodes as they're released.

Thing is... I googled and there seem to be issues. Like this one

Also, do you have to login to their service first whenever you want to play?

From that link you gave, someone links to a similar topic on the Steam forums and according to people at the bottom the issue has been resolved, I guess.

I can't answer you about the logging in thing whenever you play. Hopefully someone more knowledge can chime in.

You're probably better off waiting for all the episodes to come out and pick it up in the winter sale so you're not stuck with any cliffhangers -- that's what I keep telling myself anyway.
Haha, yeah, it's not a huge deal if I miss it. Blah blah blah steam backlog, blah blah blah.

Sora_N

I didn't plan to buy anything today, but I sort of want VVVVVV...are the games in the bundle worth it? I already have Jamestown though. Seems stupid to pay $7.50 more but I'm afraid VVVVVV will go on a flash deal or something.

HoosTrax

Yeah, I didn't bite when I first saw it on a flash, and it was up for a vote last night, but I fell asleep. I'm a dolt. I've been trying to mostly avoid this year's sale. I've only bought a couple of games so far.
If I were rich, I'd buy extra copies of all of the more coveted titles that go on daily/flash etc to sell at cost to people who managed to miss the deals :3

As it is, I don't want to be stuck with a lot of gifts in my inventory.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I keep singing a Steam Sale song in my head to the tune of "here's the mail" from blues clues.

It makes me wanna wag my tail.

I'M BETTER OFF THIS WAY!!....... :sadface
Maybe...

I kind of like thinking, "Oh, man, I want the next episode now! What's going to happen next!? Fuuu." It's not as bad as it sounds because most of us have other games to play while we wait. Plus, there's something to be said about being excited for something with a bunch of other forum members.

And all the bitter tears (mine included) when shit gets delayed. I don't know. Maybe it's my masochism talking.

Do you think it will be 9.99 again though?

It won't hurt to wait. It will still be 50% on the final day.

Ledsen

And then malaria kicks in and your weapon breaks, then you get run over by a jeep that spawned out of fucking nowhere. So immersive and unique.
(FC2) The malaria is story-driven (not random) and the weapon jamming is indeed unique, tense and very fun. Pick up rusty enemy weapons and they will jam. Get new ones from your safehouse and they won't. I don't see the problem there. I can give you the jeeps.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Do you think it will be 9.99 again though?

If it doesn't, you're screwed.

Yeah but the thing is it was $9.99 and I was stupid enough to miss it. I want to get it for that price

I think perhaps you misunderstand the purpose of the service people on GAF are offering. They don't have a gift backlog filled with games for their cheapest prices, ready to sell them to people who missed the deals like you.

If for some reason you're unable to purchase a game (your account is temporarily locked from purchasing, you're in an area that doesn't offer the game, etc), they'll purchase the game for you at the currently offered price, and then you pay them that amount.

No one here is going to sell you Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition for $9.99 just because you missed the multiple sales it went on. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait and hope that it goes on sale tomorrow (or in a flash sale), or suck it up and buy it at the $19.99 price.

I hope that explains things for you.

Firebrand

No one here is going to sell you Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition for $9.99 just because you missed the multiple sales it went on.
SSF4AE has only been featured once, no? I passed on it myself but kinda wish I hadn't, so hopefully it makes a return as a daily like so many other community's choice / flash deals.

Ledsen

Yeah, I really liked the weapon jamming problems. So many, "oh shit!" moments in the middle of a fight.
(FC2) also, like I edited in, it's completely avoidable simply by getting new weapons from your safehouse. Only shitty weapons you pick up from the ground will jam, which makes it a risk/reward thing if you for example run out of ammo and quickly have to find something new to use. Weapons will also get rusty and jam if you swim with them equipped, which I found to be pretty awesome and very much in line with old-school game design like (of all things) Ultima Underworld.

paolo11

If it doesn't, you're screwed.

I think perhaps you misunderstand the purpose of the service people on GAF are offering. They don't have a gift backlog filled with games for their cheapest prices, ready to sell them to people who missed the deals like you.

If for some reason you're unable to purchase a game (your account is temporarily locked from purchasing, you're in an area that doesn't offer the game, etc), they'll purchase the game for you at the currently offered price, and then you pay them that amount.

No one here is going to sell you Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition for $9.99 just because you missed the multiple sales it went on. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait and hope that it goes on sale tomorrow (or in a flash sale), or suck it up and buy it at the $19.99 price.

I hope that explains things for you.

I do apologize for that. I'm so silly. When is the last day, on 7/23?

Double D

Driver: SF is worth it. (360 Controller Support)

So is Dungeon Defenders. So addictive!

I've bought way too much shit this sale for me to buy Driver:SF at this price. I sure as hell won't touch that game until next year so hopefully it'll be cheaper during the winter sale.

Yeah, I really liked the weapon jamming problems. So many, "oh shit!" moments in the middle of a fight.
Yeah, the game has a lot of layers where it can screw you, but hilariously so. Like the time I suffered from a malaria attack while driving, try to pop a pill while maintain acceleration, and end up driving myself into a lake.

"HIGH SPEED INTERNET ACCESS AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO ACCESS THIS VIDEO GAME "

Why the hell did they make this less visible at the bottom of the page instead of where third-party DRM are usually described?
Dodgy shit man.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
SSF4AE has only been featured once, no? I passed on it myself but kinda wish I hadn't, so hopefully it makes a return as a daily like so many other community's choice / flash deals.

I could be wrong, but I think it was twice. Let me go check...

It might have been once. I'm having trouble getting Steam Sales to load... Keeps crashing Chrome.

Either way, it's definitely been on sale at least once.

I do apologize for that. I'm so silly. When is the last day, on 7/23?
No problem. I think it's the 22nd and carries through the 23rd. But I'm not 100% sure, so maybe someone else could chime in. The important thing is to keep checking Steam at least ever few hours (there's a nifty iOS app if you have an iPhone) to make sure you don't miss SSF4AE if it goes on sale again.

Bought so far..

Driver San Francisco - $7.49
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition - $9.99
Mafia 2 - $7.99
Microsoft Flight DLC bundle - $16.99
Red Orchestra 2 - $4.99
Stalker COP - $4.99
Snipers Elite V2 - $14.99
Trine 2 - $3.49
The Witcher 2 - $15.99
Train Simulator 2012 - $3.49 ?
Tropico 4 - trade
Two Worlds 2 Velvet - trade

$90.00 so far spent on great games.. $7.00 left in steam wallet and a $10.00 gamestop gift card which ill use towards steam wallet if it gets any better

MNC

SSF4AE was twice, once as a flash and once as a daily iirc. So the only other option is to have it as a flash/community.

What about Civ 5? I hear the game mechanics are kind of broken and certain strategies are like pressing the 'I win'-button.

Also, which DLC would you guys recommend?

Civ V had it's combat fixed (no more Civ IV stacks of doom) and gained a hex grid while everything else was kind of dumbed down in the name of accessibility. If you've never played a previous Civ, V is a good entry point into the series. If you're coming from Civ IV, it might be a bit of a disappointment. They do add back religion with the Gods & Kings DLC, but it's nowhere near the state religion was in Civ IV, in fact, it's probably worse.

As for DLC, I've bought all of it and the answer to your question likely depends on how much you're into Civ V. If you love it and want to play through the game with every Civ, then each DLC Civ is worth buying, it's seven-eight hours minimum if you play through the game with them once and win. The scenarios I'd pass on, I've tried a few but never got into them like I did the main game.

You will more than get your money's worth just with the base game.

Sora_N

I wish I hadn't either, because I configured my PS3 controller when I bought JC2. It'd be nice to play SSF4AE with that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom