• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

steadfast

Maybe...

I kind of like thinking, "Oh, man, I want the next episode now! What's going to happen next!? Fuuu." It's not as bad as it sounds because most of us have other games to play while we wait. Plus, there's something to be said about being excited for something with a bunch of other forum members.

And all the bitter tears (mine included) when shit gets delayed. I don't know. Maybe it's my masochism talking.

You're killing me... I think I just went north of $150 total spent with today's purchases and now I want it to come back up again.

I'm weak and in a steam-induced mania

dW78z.jpg

Ultimadrago

Complete the television quote for a free Tobe's Vertical Adventure [It's 1.24, but hey free game!] (make sure to put in your Steam id or it won't count).

"And that's why you always ____ _____ ____."

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Sure thing, I BELIEVE the answer to that question has to do with the availability of APIs to pull data. We don't share our data with anyone...ever. So aggregation sites like that don't have a feed to pull from.

It is a security thing on our end.

Cheers,
Tony

Ah, that makes a lot of sense.

Ahh I see, guess "trading" works best if you have a huge list of friends on Steam.

Trust me, you do not want a huge friend list on Steam. It's awful. I'd rather go back to zero, but it'd be too much work to delete everyone (and too socially awkward at this point).

flowsnake

Sure thing, I BELIEVE the answer to that question has to do with the availability of APIs to pull data. We don't share our data with anyone...ever. So aggregation sites like that don't have a feed to pull from.

It is a security thing on our end.

Cheers,
Tony

By that you just mean data about digital products? Otherwise camelcamelcamel wouldn't exist. I know they can't track Kindle books at least, so it's probably the same.

nOoblet16

What's the general GAF opinion on Red Orchestra 2 ?
I enjoy slow paced realistic shooters but for me to play this game for more than 2 hours it better be something different rather than a forgettable game with good mechanics.

MNC

Complete the television quote for a free Tobe's Vertical Adventure [It's 1.24, but hey free game!] (make sure to put in your Steam id or it won't count).

"And that's why you always ____ _____ ____."

don't use a one-armed person to scare someone.

leave a note.

you don't yell.

Good Arrested Development contest :)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Who wants to go in on a 4-pack of Dungeon Defenders for $2.81 per person?

I realized I'm buying too many games. Not going to buy anything else unless it's a really, really good deal.

Wish everyone had the common sense to think this way.

My logic is if I really want to buy and play this "NEW GOOD game"

"NEW GOOD game" Sale price 50% off from $60 = $30

That's good and all but I have literally 20 "OLD GREAT games"

that I bought for very cheap and haven't touched yet.

Therefore, no reason to ignore "OLD GREAT games" and spend $30 on "NEW GOOD game"

"NEW GOOD game" is not going anywhere, will be here next year.

- I figure I have plenty to play with 20 games, and hopefully by the time I have reduced my backlog, a year from today..this "NEW GOOD game" is now an "OLD GOOD game" on the very cheap.

Where I can buy...

Video game purchases should be more based on time than money IMO.

Dacvak

Wish everyone had the common sense to think this way.

My logic is if I really want to buy and play this "NEW GOOD game"

"NEW GOOD game" Sale price 50% off from $60 = $30

That's good and all but I have literally 20 "OLD GREAT games"

that I bought for very cheap and haven't touched yet.

Therefore, no reason to ignore "OLD GREAT games" and spend $30 on "NEW GOOD game"

"NEW GOOD game" is not going anywhere, will be here next year.

- I figure I have plenty to play with 20 games, and hopefully by the time I have reduced my backlog, a year from today..this "NEW GOOD game" is now an "OLD GOOD game" on the very cheap.

Where I can buy...

Video game purchases should be more based on time than money IMO.
That's generally how I am, too. I went a little overboard this year, but I didn't buy any individual game that was really more than $10 or so. Most of my purchases were $1-$5, filling the backlog.

Then again, I've also surrendered the fact that I'll ever even play 20% of my Steam catalog.

Hmmm I might be in

Cool, I'll put you down on the list.

Trust me, you do not want a huge friend list on Steam. It's awful. I'd rather go back to zero, but it'd be too much work to delete everyone (and too socially awkward at this point).
I am totally cool with having minimum to zero friends on Steam, I'm not much of a multiplayer kinda guy anyway, I only play SSFIV:AE online and that's on PSN.

How the fuck is the first FEAR 16 gigs, even including all the expansions.

Yeesh! I bought the game too, but haven't downloaded it yet, guess I'll wait until I make some room on my HDD.

wanders

That's generally how I am, too. I went a little overboard this year, but I didn't buy any individual game that was really more than $10 or so. Most of my purchases were $1-$5, filling the backlog.

Then again, I've also surrendered the fact that I'll ever even play 20% of my Steam catalog.

Cool, I'll put you down on the list.

Alright just PM when youre ready!

Sajjaja

What's the general GAF opinion on Red Orchestra 2 ?
I enjoy slow paced realistic shooters but for me to play this game for more than 2 hours it better be something different rather than a forgettable game with good mechanics.

If you want, I can give you a 3 day RO2 guest pass so you can experience it before you buy it. I enjoy it, but it runs like shit on my laptop so I don't play it :(

Dacvak

Alright just PM when youre ready!

Will do. I'm still going to try and get two other people in on it, so it might be a bit.

Who else wants in on a 4-pack of Dungeon Defenders for $2.81?

So far we have:

• Dacvak
  • wanders

I've just been waiting for the new daily deals when I'm unsure about buying a game on low funds. I kind of want Driver SF, but it would take me down to $10. I'll see what deals we get tomorrow and probably take the plunge then. Thank goodness for the long grace period.

That said, I completely forgot to buy Stalker: Call or Pripyat because I was playing a game ;_;

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haven't bought anything yet! Tell me something to buy :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom