• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, but I think it was twice. Let me go check...

It might have been once. I'm having trouble getting Steam Sales to load... Keeps crashing Chrome.

Either way, it's definitely been on sale at least once.

No problem. I think it's the 22nd and carries through the 23rd. But I'm not 100% sure, so maybe someone else could chime in. The important thing is to keep checking Steam at least ever few hours (there's a nifty iOS app if you have an iPhone) to make sure you don't miss SSF4AE if it goes on sale again.

SSFIV AE and DR2:OTR for that matter since they're both Capcom have only been flash sales.

Again, sorry not the Steam version, seeing 2 pages on this convo prompted me to post this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058KRA0K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Cheers,
Tony

Voted for Divinity 2. Divine Divinity is good and Divinty: original Sin looks really cool.

Risen is great and I urge anyone that likes exploration RPGs to buy it if it wins the vote. It's much better designed than Bethesdas recent games. They also removed TAGES recently so there's no excuse not to buy it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Again, sorry not the Steam version, seeing 2 pages on this convo prompted me to post this:

Cheers,
Tony

Awesome! There ya go, paolo - and everyone else who wanted it. Thanks Tony!

Edit: Here's a question (maybe you could answer, Tony) - Why aren't Amazon sales represented on sites like steamgamesales.com, especially when places like GamersGate and Impulse are on there? It'd be nice to have the same kind of tracker for Amazon deals, too.

cametall

(FC2) The malaria is story-driven (not random) and the weapon jamming is indeed unique, tense and very fun. Pick up rusty enemy weapons and they will jam. Get new ones from your safehouse and they won't. I don't see the problem there. I can give you the jeeps.

I remember firing an RPG and the rocket just fell out of the tube and started spinning, I kind of remember screaming and running away.

This game left me with some cool gaming memories.

j-wood

Welp, I think i'm just about done with this sale. I have about 10 bucks left in my self-defined budget, so we'll see what pops up over the next two days.

So Far...

Max Payne (gift)
Max Payne 2
Bastion
Torchlight
Dungeon Defenders (gift) + DLC
Shoot Many Robots (gift)
Hitman: Blood Money
Saints Row: The Third + DLC
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Trine 2
Renegade Ops + DLC
Laura Croft and the Guardian of Light + DLC
Darksiders
FallOut: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Crysis 1
Crysis Warhead

Total Spent: $82.24

I love Steam.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Voted for Divinity 2. Divine Divinity is good and Divinty: original Sin looks really cool.

Risen is great and I urge anyone that likes exploration RPGs to buy it if it wins the vote. It's much better designed than Bethesdas recent games. They also removed TAGES recently so there's no excuse not to buy it.

Oh, wow. Divinity 2 is the first game I've actually wanted that's shown up in the voting thing.

(FC2) also, like I edited in, it's completely avoidable simply by getting new weapons from your safehouse. Only shitty weapons you pick up from the ground will jam, which makes it a risk/reward thing if you for example run out of ammo and quickly have to find something new to use. Weapons will also get rusty and jam if you swim with them equipped, which I found to be pretty awesome and very much in line with old-school game design like (of all things) Ultima Underworld.

Yeah, the game has a lot of layers where it can screw you, but hilariously so. Like the time I suffered from a malaria attack while driving, try to pop a pill while maintain acceleration, and end up driving myself into a lake.

I think I'm going to reinstall it and give it another shot. I forgot about the crazy situations that you can get thrown into. I recall having animal ram into my vehicle by accident, ruining it, and I was stuck out in the middle of nowhere.

Sora_N

Cheers,
Tony

Can you play online for that version though, same servers?

Also, are any of you guys waiting for the last day before buying certain things?

I'm actually eyeing Ys Oath, Ys Origins and Mass Effect 1, hoping they would get cheaper before the last day, I doubt ME will though.

I'm a cheap bastard, but I finally bought something. I guess you can't beat $5 for FNV. I was never really a fan of FO3, but with the love Obsidian and FNV gets on GAF $5 isn't a bad bet even if I don't like it.

What is this TAGES I keep hearing about?

Sora_N

Also, are any of you guys waiting for the last day before buying certain things?

I'm actually eyeing Ys Oath, Ys Origins and Mass Effect 1, hoping they would get cheaper before the last day, I doubt ME will though.

Derp, I just read the page. I don't think Amazon.com digitals work for Canada though, hope Steam has it on sale again.

HoosTrax

Don't think the games still left on my wishlist will get any cheaper than they're already been, and I'm not super-interested in them to pay more than $5.

Only one I'm looking for is a less crappy discount on CoD4.

DSix

Banned
Yeah same games over and over again, yet there's some that we might miss once that shows no signs of ever coming back :( (hot pursuit for instance...).

Not that I remember. I think it was just a Daily.

Ok that's good, there's still hope of it reappearing then. On that note, if anybody has a spare copy of Shadow of Chernobyl I'd be willing to trade it for any other game that was an equivalent value (Shadow of Chernobyl was €2.50 which is the same as, for example Magicka is currently) since I don't have a Paypal account and all my available funds for the Steam Sale are in the wallet.

MRORANGE

Ok that's good, there's still hope of it reappearing then. On that note, if anybody has a spare copy of Shadow of Chernobyl I'd be willing to trade it for any other game that was an equivalent value (Shadow of Chernobyl was €2.50 which is the same as, for example Magicka is currently) since I don't have a Paypal account and all my available funds for the Steam Sale are in the wallet.

Go here.

Time for the ultimate Steam flash sale...free! (but only to the first 3 people)

QJE5C-MAM98-HX288
J2WYQ-R805K-FAVW2
HY8XX-JHXIP-JD9HA

Those are all Steam codes for Rain-Slick 3. First come, first serve. Hope you enjoy the game.

anyone ? :/

If you have people to play with get the eternia shards pack. The only dlc class I have expirence with is the Barbarian which is real good for boss tanking in nightmare mode on the shards. The various holiday dlc(they were free for a time) is usually a map and some costumes/extra theme loot for the classes.

If you are solo I say check out the base game and see how much you like it. It is very grindy and at least the shards bosses are extremely difficult solo unless you outclass it in gear. Of course its been 4 months or so since I played dunno what it is like balance wise. When I still played the dev tended to balance like blizzard does WoW, always a flavor of the month class that is overpowered.

The game is best with friends or people to co-op with.

Your name. Your statement. Your wonderful avatar. It's all too much great taste for me to handle.
You can sex me after Steam sale is over. I have no discount right now, but I will be 50% off next Friday. If you want all of the works, you'll have to purchase me under my pseudonym, Train Simulator 2012. What services I provide depend solely on which DLC you purchase.

So which Far Cry is worth it?

Also which Splinter Cell?

If you only want one, get Chaos Theory. It's basically stealth perfection. However, if you play 1 to 3 (=CT) chronologically, it will be a very neat progression. I made the mistake of starting with Pandora Tomorrow (2) and then playing the first game. Many times I tried to perform moves that simply didn't exist in the first game.

And, honestly, they're all great games. Even Double Agent and Conviction are easily worth their money, IMO, especially discounted.

Oh man this one is even better!

2UEeN.jpg

Danielsan

Ok so if you have played both

NFS Hot Pursuit and Driver : SF

Which one is more fun? A better experience?

Sorry for my stupid questions, another one, how do you "trade" games on Steam?
Haven't played Driver: SF, but Hot Pursuit is probably my biggest regret of the sale. It looks nice and plays well, but the fact that your friendslist isn't tied to your steam account kind of makes the whole autlog aspect worthless.

My haul so far this week:

Alice: Madness Returns
Binary Domain (Amazon $10, natch)
The Amanita Collection (Botanicula, Machinarium+Soundtrack, Samorost 2)
Company of Heroes
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate
Frozen Synapse (gifted, cheers)
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light DLC packs
Limbo
Prince of Persia
S.P.A.Z.
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers + Soundtrack

That's run me around $80, and I could've saved $10 if I waited a day to get New Vegas Ultimate.

Not bad, not bad at all.

Awesome! There ya go, paolo - and everyone else who wanted it. Thanks Tony!

Edit: Here's a question (maybe you could answer, Tony) - Why aren't Amazon sales represented on sites like steamgamesales.com, especially when places like GamersGate and Impulse are on there? It'd be nice to have the same kind of tracker for Amazon deals, too.

Sure thing, I BELIEVE the answer to that question has to do with the availability of APIs to pull data. We don't share our data with anyone...ever. So aggregation sites like that don't have a feed to pull from.

It is a security thing on our end.

Cheers,
Tony

Time for the ultimate Steam flash sale...free! (but only to the first 3 people)

QJE5C-MAM98-HX288
J2WYQ-R805K-FAVW2
HY8XX-JHXIP-JD9HA

Those are all Steam codes for Rain-Slick 3. First come, first serve. Hope you enjoy the game.

Damn lurkers! Also, a good female friend of mine gifted me Splinter Cell Conviction after she saw my post in this thread. You're awesome girl! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom